Windows 10: HELP: Windows 10 lags for a few minutes after booting and randomly when using

Discus and support HELP: Windows 10 lags for a few minutes after booting and randomly when using in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; After booting up my laptop then logging in. Windows lags to a point it freezes for a few minutes (5-10). It also occurs randomly. I wanna hear some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Eman0950, Jul 3, 2020.

1. HELP: Windows 10 lags for a few minutes after booting and randomly when using

After booting up my laptop then logging in. Windows lags to a point it freezes for a few minutes (5-10). It also occurs randomly. I wanna hear some tips or advice regarding this and so far what I've done to fix this issue was the following.

1. Scan for disk errors - No errors has been found and I also checked in the Event Viewer if there are any errors but there are none.
    2. Check for malware, viruses, etc - I personally use Windows Security and did a full scan but there are no discovered malware or viruses. I also did scan using malwarebytes and end up with no detection in my system.
    3. Defrag HDD - Even though windows does this weekly, I did a manual defrag and still lagged
    4. Disable unnecessary startup items - done
    5. Disable unused services (except microsoft services) - done

That's it. I'm thinking maybe this is something hardware or relating to RAM but I'm not sure. I'm not that pro in terms of fixing issues here in my laptop. Anyway in case you wonder of my specs here goes.

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2201 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)

Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB

Version 10.0.19041 Build 19041

HDD: 1TB

If you guys can give me insights on what to with this I would appreciate it a lot.

submitted by /u/Eman0950
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Eman0950, Jul 3, 2020
  2. ElderJohn Win User

BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE randomly after cold boot/sleep

For the past month I have been getting random BSOD's all with driver power state failure. They happen randomly, usually within the first 5-10 minutes of cold booting or waking my computer. Steps I have taken to attempt to fix the problem:
    1. Reinstalled GPU drivers/ tried old drivers
    2. Fresh installed Windows 1803, still happened, then fresh installed 1709
    3. Disabled Fast Boot
    None of these things fixed the issue, any help would be much appreciated at pinpointing the issue. Thanks

ElderJohn, Jul 3, 2020
  3. mroofie Win User
    Typing causes OS to lag for a few minutes after bootup

Need more info please =D
    Does this only happen after boot up?
    And normal operation ?

mroofie, Jul 3, 2020
  4. HELP: Windows 10 lags for a few minutes after booting and randomly when using

Windows 10 lags

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand how difficult it is when the PC doesn’t perform the way it should be. We were checking the lag issue, but
    in order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • How much is the CPU and Disk usage showing in Task Manager, also check if any particular program is having high CPU and Disk usage?

We would suggest you to refer the steps as suggested in this article (Exclude step 10):
    Tips to improve PC performance in Windows 10

Meanwhile, put the PC in Clean Boot and see if you still get the PC lagging issue. Refer the article

How to perform a clean boot in Windows
    . A ‘clean boot’ starts Windows with a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. If the settings app is working fine in Clean Boot then please refer the section
    How to determine what is causing the problem after you do a clean boot
    to determine the root cause of the issue.

Note: After you finish troubleshooting, follow the section
    Reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting
    to reset the computer to start normally.

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Jul 3, 2020
Thema:

HELP: Windows 10 lags for a few minutes after booting and randomly when using

1. HELP: Windows 10 lags for a few minutes after booting and randomly when using - Similar Threads - HELP lags few

2. Internet starts randomly freezing after using the PC for a few minutes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet starts randomly freezing after using the PC for a few minutes.: My internet suddenly started freezing for a few seconds and went back to normal constantly after using the PC for ten minutes. I've updated my Windows 11 to the latest version, restarted my PC and router, and I did not install anything....
  3. Internet starts randomly freezing after using the PC for a few minutes.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet starts randomly freezing after using the PC for a few minutes.: My internet suddenly started freezing for a few seconds and went back to normal constantly after using the PC for ten minutes. I've updated my Windows 11 to the latest version, restarted my PC and router, and I did not install anything....
  4. Mouse starts to lag/stutter a few minutes after PC boots up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse starts to lag/stutter a few minutes after PC boots up: The mouse is a Dell Alienware Elite Gaming Mouse AW958. The problem started about 3 days ago after running the Windows DeBloater. When I boot up my PC, for the first few minutes, there are no stutters or lag but a few minutes in it starts. Does anyone have any idea what the...
  5. Windows freezes a few minutes after boot up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows freezes a few minutes after boot up: Hello everyone, I have an Asus Laptop GX 531 GX, with intel 8750h and rtx 2080 maxQ. A few days from now, my system started to jam like small screen freezes and sound buzzing noises, after 15-20 min after I boot up the computer. Or after suspending the computer. Unfortunatly...
  6. Major stuttering a few minutes after boot

Major stuttering a few minutes after boot: I want to make sure to give as much info as possible so this will be a bit long but bear with me. Up until recently i had a PC with these parts. I've used it for a year with no problems at all. Only very rare and minor stuttering nothing major. Recently I've bought anew PC...
  7. Mouse lag every few minutes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse lag every few minutes: Every few minutes, my mouse will lag for a very short amount of time. I first noticed this problem happening around 2 weeks ago. I have tried multiple mice/mousepads so I believe the issue has to do with my PC. I have also been using this PC for ~4 years with no prior...
  8. Games lagging and stuttering after a few minutes

Games lagging and stuttering after a few minutes: Hello. I'm having a problem where after a few minutes in many games they will start to lag and the cpu % will go down. I've updated my drivers, downloaded the latest updates, reinstalled windows with media creation tool, reset the pc to factory defaults, and used the...
  9. Random Reboots after a few minutes of inactivity

Random Reboots after a few minutes of inactivity: Firstly - I do not know if this is a BSOD problem so apologies if I've posted incorrectly and please move my post in that case. I'm assuming it might be BSODs because sometimes we get a blue screen with unsmiley face (nothing like the data dumps that I used to see years ago),...
  10. Win 10 Randomly Freezes after a few minutes Why?

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 Randomly Freezes after a few minutes Why?: Hi Guys Win 10 Randomly Freezes after a few minutes; it may run for a week with no issue. But then it will happen over a few days then back to normal. I have had it for several months and i have tried to rule out some hardware items. I have replaced it with new memory but it...