Windows 10: Help - Windows 10 latest update has totally messed up my system

Discus and support Help - Windows 10 latest update has totally messed up my system in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I just rebooted my system and when I logged in I was greeted by a "Preparing WIndows" message. After that I was told that I was being logged in with a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by perdrix, Oct 10, 2019.

1. perdrix Win User

Help - Windows 10 latest update has totally messed up my system

I just rebooted my system and when I logged in I was greeted by a "Preparing WIndows" message. After that I was told that I was being logged in with a temporary profile and that I wouldn't be able to access my files, and my desktop is totally screwed up... Winver shows 1903 build 18362.388.

MS WTF have you done to me.

Dave

:)

perdrix, Oct 10, 2019
  2. yountmg Win User

Cumulative Update KB4338819 Windows 10 v1803 Build 17134.165 - July 10

This update totally destroyed me, which was not totally unexpected.

I have noticed that update issues are fairly common occurrences.

Microsoft must have a site that lists step by step actions that they want you to take when Windows 10 Updates and trashes a system?

Does such a site exist? Where do I go to get help?

Recovering Windows 10 After an Update

Step 1:
    sfc /scannow

Step 2:
    Dism

Step 3:
    etc.. Uninstall Video Drivers and reinstall

yountmg, Oct 10, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 10, 2019
  4. P4-630 Win User

Comodo Software users Windows 10 *Important*

Help - Windows 10 latest update has totally messed up my system capture-jpg.jpg

"Hi All,
    We stronly advise Comodo users not to update to latest MS update KB4022716, which is available for Windows 10 users till they have new fixed version of Comodo internet security products installed.

Affected Products:
    - Comodo Internet Security / Comodo Antivirus / Comodo Firewall (Affected versions: v6246 and below)
    - Comodo Cloud Antivirus (Affected versions: v533 and below)
    - Internet Security Essentials (Affected versions: v81 and below)
    - Comodo Secure Shopping (Affected versions: v97 and below)

Possible Problems:
    In case you have updated to MS update KB4022716 prior to updating to latest fixed version of Comodo products, following issues may appear:

- Crashing browsers
    - May not be able to login to Windows

Resolution:
    If you are able to login, you can uninstall Comodo and re-install latest fixed Comodo version. Else you need to go to Windows Safe Mode and uninstall Comodo product or re-store system to state before Comodo product was installed.

In case you want to keep Comodo and pause Windows updates for some time, you may use following steps:
    Step - 1: Click on Start icon on Windows
    Step - 2: Next click on Settings menu item, it will open "Windows Settings" window
    Step - 3: Select "Update & Security" section from there and it will show "Windows Update" section
    Step - 4: Click on "Advanced Options" next, there is "Pause Updates" section allowing you to pause Windows updates for next several days

You can find same steps with images here .

Reason:
    There are unexpected changes in last MS update KB4022716, which are incompatible with Comodo products.
    "

https://forums.comodo.com/news-anno...ate-kb4022716os-build-15063447-t119928.0.html

P4-630, Oct 10, 2019
Thema:

1. Help - Windows 10 latest update has totally messed up my system - Similar Threads - Help latest update

2. Latest windows 10 update messed up my USB.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Latest windows 10 update messed up my USB.: my gamepad now has mixed up buttons, my keyboard does not light up any more. **** did you just do again? HOW DO I REVERT THIS? It was working 3 hours ago and now it is not.With absolute no regard to microsoft as always....
  3. Latest windows 10 update messed up my USB.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest windows 10 update messed up my USB.: my gamepad now has mixed up buttons, my keyboard does not light up any more. **** did you just do again? HOW DO I REVERT THIS? It was working 3 hours ago and now it is not.With absolute no regard to microsoft as always....
  4. latest update has messed up my video display

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    latest update has messed up my video display: The monitor screen is stretched out and all round icons are now egg shaped and the rectangular icons are square. I am unable to open any photos from photoshop now. People look squashed out. Help. this all happened after the latest Microsoft "update"...
  5. Totally messed up pc, need help!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Totally messed up pc, need help!: Ok, this is my first post here, and I wish it wasn't going to be so long and confusing. Long story trying to make shorter. Originally, I had drive c, a ssd, and drive d, internal HD named mass storage. I also use aoemi tools, such as one key boot partition backup and...
  6. Latest updates completely messed up my system. Please help!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Latest updates completely messed up my system. Please help!: After installing KB4551762 and KB4540673, my system has gone to thrash. Extremely slow and takes ages to get past the Welcome screen. After spending hours trying to login, I somehow managed to uninstall both the updates, rebooted, disabled and re-enabled HyperV but my system...
  7. My Windows Update is totally messed up!

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    My Windows Update is totally messed up!: For a cuppla days my Windows Update has been useless! Clciking on Update and security it shows Your device is missing important security and quality fixes. But clicking on Check for updates just sits there for 15 to 20 minutes with the dots running across the screen then...
  8. Windows 10 Latest Update Messed Up My Taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Latest Update Messed Up My Taskbar: [IMG] After updating my OS, my Administrator account's taskbar renders weirdly (see above). What might be causing this, and how can I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-latest-update-messed-up-my-taskbar/49f303b1-4090-4867-8b00-0ee7358e53bb
  9. Windows 10 1709 download has totally messed up my computer - HELP Please

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 1709 download has totally messed up my computer - HELP Please: System is all messed up after downloading 1903 and installing. Need to do a clean install but 1903 somehow knocked out recovery and restore so resent and doing clean install on windows not possible. Need some way or software to clean C Drive so I can start from scratch....
  10. Windows 10 latest updates have totally messed my laptop & printer up!!!!!!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 latest updates have totally messed my laptop & printer up!!!!!!: What the heck? After the last 2 weeks of horrible laptop issues and printer issues I finally did a factory reinstall on my laptop and it worked - for awhile - until the last windows updates went in this morning and it went right back to the same issues! 1st - I lost the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 is messed upmy computer after update nov 2019