Windows 10: Help! Windows 10 Pro is asking me for a product key, but I'm using the free upgrade from...

Discus and support Help! Windows 10 Pro is asking me for a product key, but I'm using the free upgrade from... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; What can I do? I really can't afford another AU$339.00 for another license at the moment.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Unindoctrinated, Aug 11, 2020.

1. Help! Windows 10 Pro is asking me for a product key, but I'm using the free upgrade from...

What can I do? I really can't afford another AU$339.00 for another license at the moment.

:)

Unindoctrinated, Aug 11, 2020
  2. NavyLCDR Win User

win 10 upgrade asking for product key

An upgrade to Windows 10 running properly will not ask for a product key. Are you sure the version on the USB is the exact same version as the previous operating system on the computer you are trying to upgrade? Pro or home; N, standard, or Single Language Version? If you continue with an upgrade that is asking for a product key, it will not activate.

A clean install will ask for a product key, and that can be skipped. Unless you have purchased a license for Windows 10 that has it's own unique product key, you should never enter a product key when upgrading or clean installing Windows 10.

NavyLCDR, Aug 11, 2020
  3. NavyLCDR Win User
    Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant asking for product key

So make sure that you are attempting to upgrade to the Home Single Language Edition. The "about" system settings screen will tell you if it is 32-bits or 64-bits (operating system):

Help! Windows 10 Pro is asking me for a product key, but I'm using the free upgrade from... [​IMG]

Using the media creation tool, you want the matching 32-bit or 64-bit Single Language Edition:

Help! Windows 10 Pro is asking me for a product key, but I'm using the free upgrade from... [​IMG]

From the Windows 10 ISO download site, it's just listed as Single Language Edition:

Doing an upgrade to the correct edition Anniversary Update should not ask for a product key.

NavyLCDR, Aug 11, 2020
  4. Help! Windows 10 Pro is asking me for a product key, but I'm using the free upgrade from...

Can't upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro

Hi Bill,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We apologize for the inconvenience caused and will assist you in the best possible ways.

I suggest you to download and create an installation media for Windows 10 Pro form the link provided below:

Download Windows 10

After the installation media is created, suggest you to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from the installation media. When the upgrade asks for product key, enter the product key purchased for Windows 10 Pro. If it does not accept, suggest you to skip the activation
    step. After the Operating System is installed, suggest you to activate by phone by following the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + R” and type “slui 4” and press Enter.
    • Select the Region from the list and click Next.
    • Call the Toll-Free number provided on top and can activate via phone.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 11, 2020
Thema:

Help! Windows 10 Pro is asking me for a product key, but I'm using the free upgrade from...

1. Help! Windows 10 Pro is asking me for a product key, but I'm using the free upgrade from... - Similar Threads - Help Pro asking

2. Upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro using OEM Product Key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro using OEM Product Key: We purchased a new computer which included an OEM Product Key for Windows 10 Pro. Rather than install Windows and then copy all the data and apps from our old computer which had Windows 10 Home, we cloned the old hard-drive to the new PC. This means the new computer is...
  3. Upgrade from Windows8.1 To Windows 10. Asking Me Product Key

Upgrade from Windows8.1 To Windows 10. Asking Me Product Key: Hello, I have recently upgraded from Windows8.1 to Windows 10, And I am facing problems like my windows isn't activated can someone please help me. I can't personalise my desktop. Please help me...…. I've opened up the same Question but couldn't replay to that. Please...
  4. Upgrade from Windows8.1 To Windows 10. Asking Me Product Key

Upgrade from Windows8.1 To Windows 10. Asking Me Product Key: Hello, I have recently upgraded from Windows8.1 to Windows 10, And I am facing problems like my windows isn't activated can someone please help me. I can't personalise my desktop. Please help me...…....
  5. Windows 10 product Key. Don't ask me for the product key.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 product Key. Don't ask me for the product key.: Hi everyone! I am installing Windows 10 in a PC's friend ... and she had a hard disk with Windows 10 but I have installed a new ssd and I have a new key producto to install Windows 10. Well, I have been installed from 0 Windows 10, apart of the other one in this new ssd and...
  6. Use Windows 10 Pro Product key to upgrade from Windows 7 Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Use Windows 10 Pro Product key to upgrade from Windows 7 Pro: Can I use the Windows 10 Pro pak to upgrade from Windows 7 pro that is currently on my computer ? ***Modified title from: Can I use the Windows 10 Pro pak to upgrade from Windows 7 pro that is currently on my computer ?***...
  7. Windows asks for product key but i have a digital license from the Free windows 10 upgrade

Windows asks for product key but i have a digital license from the Free windows 10 upgrade: I want to update to 1903 but the Windows Update utility asks for a product key which I don't have since I updated to Win 10 using the Free update program years ago. I have used some key retrieving utilities and the product key they give me doesn't work. Windows shows it...
  8. window 10 pro free product key

window 10 pro free product key: May I please get a window 10 pro product key for my pc .I am broke please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-10-pro-free-product-key/0e96ea1f-afe9-4752-b775-1f1c892fc668
  9. Upgrade to Windows 10 asking for Product Key

Upgrade to Windows 10 asking for Product Key: I was going to install Windows 10 via the Media Creation Tool but I chose the second option, 'Create installation media for another PC' thinking it could be helpful in the future. I was able to successfully download it then tried installing it right after that. There came...
  10. windows 10 upgrade asking for product key

windows 10 upgrade asking for product key: i have downloaded the windows 10(home x64) ISO file and made a USB flash device using it,and now whenever i try to upgrade my LAPTOP(it came with original windows pre-installed) it asks for a product key and there is no "skip" option available all i see is next and back...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Is windows 10 ask me after installation product key

2. nu vot