Windows 10: Help: Windows 10 screen unresponsive, but cursor, taskbar and taskmanager works.

Discus and support Help: Windows 10 screen unresponsive, but cursor, taskbar and taskmanager works. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I'm not sure if it's a bug or hardware issue, I bought a new dell low-range gaming laptop and I run several high performance architecture softwares... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JoyL2, May 17, 2019 at 11:27 PM.

1. JoyL2 Win User

Help: Windows 10 screen unresponsive, but cursor, taskbar and taskmanager works.

I'm not sure if it's a bug or hardware issue,

I bought a new dell low-range gaming laptop and I run several high performance architecture softwares on it. After about one-two years of uni, the laptop started to act up occasionally.

The symptoms are:

1. Unresponsive screen, cursor moves but no response for clicks

2. Only the bottom part of the screen (taskbar region) is responsive to cursor moving and clicks

3. Ctrl+alt+del page is responsive, cursor responsive and clicks will respond after a few tries.

Problem solves itself when I click on task manager, with task manager running, everything else starts to work normally.

I have been trying to google a solution but have a tough time trying to describe it. I thought the problem is unique to my laptop until I met another coworker who has the same issue on his desktop computer (bootcamp on imac). He also instinctively resolves the same problem by running the task manager.

I have tried giving it a clean install but the problem still persists even when all the softwares are wiped out.

Any idea on ways to fix this issue?

Thank you very much in advance!

:)

2. Windows 10 Taskbar Unresponsive.

Dear Amma,

Sorry for the trouble, here are few steps that I would suggest:

• Press the Windows + X
    • Open the Command Prompt (Admin)
    • Now type the command as " Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    • Push Enter
    • Restart the system.
    • Now see if the issue persists
    • If it persists the only option is to create a new user admin account.

Do let me know if it helped and please mark the answer as helpful if it helped.

Ankur Srivastava, May 17, 2019 at 11:28 PM
  3. Windows 10 Taskbar Unresponsive.

Dear Amma,

Sorry for the trouble, here are few steps that I would suggest:

• Press the Windows + X
    • Open the Command Prompt (Admin)
    • Now type the command as " Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    • Push Enter
    • Restart the system.
    • Now see if the issue persists
    • If it persists the only option is to create a new user admin account.

Do let me know if it helped and please mark the answer as helpful if it helped.

I appreciate the assistance, but the Windows key doesn't respond to my pressing.

4. Help: Windows 10 screen unresponsive, but cursor, taskbar and taskmanager works.

Windows 10 Email will not open. cursor is unresponsive

updated to windows 10. My email worked fine at first. Now it comes in but I can't open it. It lists what they are but can't open them . The cursor is unresponsive when I click on anything on the page.

Thema:

Help: Windows 10 screen unresponsive, but cursor, taskbar and taskmanager works.

1. Help: Windows 10 screen unresponsive, but cursor, taskbar and taskmanager works. - Similar Threads - Help screen unresponsive

2. Windows opens up to a black screen and a moving unresponsive cursor.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows opens up to a black screen and a moving unresponsive cursor.: I installed an application yesterday and I don't know if its coincidence or not but since then my Laptop has been opening to a black screen and a moving cursor with no response, no keys work except alt+Ctrl+del which doesn't really help since task manager doesn't open also...
  3. Windows 10 unresponsive blue screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 unresponsive blue screen: Immediately when I turn on my Windows 10 it is blue with a working cursor, no keys work except the off button and airplane mode which I pressed and now it permanently says "Airplane mode off" and won't do anything else....
  4. Taskbar And Settings And Windows Logo Menu Not Working/Unresponsive

Taskbar And Settings And Windows Logo Menu Not Working/Unresponsive: Hi, I have been having trouble with my pc, my taskbar lost its icons and its functions, my windows menu is also not working whether I left click or right click on it. My settings is also broken too, I cant open it at all, the cortana search bar is also unresponsive, I cant...
  5. Taskbar And Settings Not Working/Unresponsive

Taskbar And Settings Not Working/Unresponsive: Hi, I have been having trouble with my pc, my taskbar lost its icons and its functions, my windows menu is also not working whether I left click or right click on it. My settings is also broken too, I cant open it at all, the cortana search bar is also unresponsive, I cant...
  6. Random screen unresponsiveness, cursor lags and no audio issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Random screen unresponsiveness, cursor lags and no audio issue: Hello I am facing three different issues(not sure if related): 1) I recently started seeing these random freezes where screen becomes unresponsive to mouse clicks. But I am able to navigate via keyboard. No problem with the mouse itself. Happens with trackpad as well....
  7. Unresponsive Taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Unresponsive Taskbar: Edition is Windows 10 Home Version 1709 OS Build 16299.19 If further information is needed about my computers' specs, they are listed and up to date. I have read various threads in separate forums on this site and was wondering if an update fix has been released in...
  8. HELP ME! Windows 10 black screen no cursor

in Windows 10 Support
    HELP ME! Windows 10 black screen no cursor: Hey just joined this forum because i cant find a fix to my computer with my Nvidia graphics card here's what happened. - Windows 8.1 update to windows 10 happens. - Successful upgrade so i start up games to see changes into fps. - Graphics card is not working so i...
  9. Taskbar Unresponsive

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar Unresponsive: After the past few times of logging into my pc, I have had some problems with the taskbar. It seems to be frozen, or "locked." The taskbar will not auto-hide, I cannot right-click on any programs, pressing the start button does nothing (this includes pressing the windows key...
  10. Help w/ blank screen/cursor

in Windows 10 Support
    Help w/ blank screen/cursor: Hello Shortly after upgrading my nVidia drivers to a Windows 10 version (about a week ago), I've been getting the now famous blank screen with a cursor. I can bring up the "Projectors" menu (Winkey + P) but nothing else. I can get into the Troubleshooting boot mode,...