Windows 10: Help: Windows 10 screen unresponsive, but cursor, taskbar and taskmanager works.

Discus and support Help: Windows 10 screen unresponsive, but cursor, taskbar and taskmanager works. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I'm not sure if it's a bug or hardware issue, I bought a new dell low-range gaming laptop and I run several high performance architecture softwares... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JoyL2, May 17, 2019.

1. JoyL2 Win User

Help: Windows 10 screen unresponsive, but cursor, taskbar and taskmanager works.

I'm not sure if it's a bug or hardware issue,

I bought a new dell low-range gaming laptop and I run several high performance architecture softwares on it. After about one-two years of uni, the laptop started to act up occasionally.

The symptoms are:

1. Unresponsive screen, cursor moves but no response for clicks

2. Only the bottom part of the screen (taskbar region) is responsive to cursor moving and clicks

3. Ctrl+alt+del page is responsive, cursor responsive and clicks will respond after a few tries.

Problem solves itself when I click on task manager, with task manager running, everything else starts to work normally.

I have been trying to google a solution but have a tough time trying to describe it. I thought the problem is unique to my laptop until I met another coworker who has the same issue on his desktop computer (bootcamp on imac). He also instinctively resolves the same problem by running the task manager.

I have tried giving it a clean install but the problem still persists even when all the softwares are wiped out.

Any idea on ways to fix this issue?

Thank you very much in advance!

:)

JoyL2, May 17, 2019

2. Windows 10 Taskbar Unresponsive.

Dear Amma,

Sorry for the trouble, here are few steps that I would suggest:

• Press the Windows + X
    • Open the Command Prompt (Admin)
    • Now type the command as " Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    • Push Enter
    • Restart the system.
    • Now see if the issue persists
    • If it persists the only option is to create a new user admin account.

Do let me know if it helped and please mark the answer as helpful if it helped.

Ankur Srivastava, May 17, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Taskbar Unresponsive.

Dear Amma,

Sorry for the trouble, here are few steps that I would suggest:

• Press the Windows + X
    • Open the Command Prompt (Admin)
    • Now type the command as " Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    • Push Enter
    • Restart the system.
    • Now see if the issue persists
    • If it persists the only option is to create a new user admin account.

Do let me know if it helped and please mark the answer as helpful if it helped.

I appreciate the assistance, but the Windows key doesn't respond to my pressing.

Emma Miranda, May 17, 2019
  4. Help: Windows 10 screen unresponsive, but cursor, taskbar and taskmanager works.

Windows 10 Email will not open. cursor is unresponsive

updated to windows 10. My email worked fine at first. Now it comes in but I can't open it. It lists what they are but can't open them . The cursor is unresponsive when I click on anything on the page.

MargieMohney, May 17, 2019
Thema:

Help: Windows 10 screen unresponsive, but cursor, taskbar and taskmanager works.

1. Help: Windows 10 screen unresponsive, but cursor, taskbar and taskmanager works. - Similar Threads - Help screen unresponsive

2. Help with semi unresponsive taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help with semi unresponsive taskbar: Hi, the last month my taskbar has been acting really weird on my desktop.If i start it, my taskbar works for as long as im continuously is using the computer, but if i let it fall asleep or leave it for atleast 1 hour. the taskbar "works" but i cant press down on the "power...
  3. Help with semi unresponsive taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help with semi unresponsive taskbar: Hi, the last month my taskbar has been acting really weird on my desktop.If i start it, my taskbar works for as long as im continuously is using the computer, but if i let it fall asleep or leave it for atleast 1 hour. the taskbar "works" but i cant press down on the "power...
  4. Help with unresponsive taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help with unresponsive taskbar: Recently, I've been having lots of trouble with my taskbar becoming unresponsive. Usually if I have my browser open, the page will switch or flash a few times and then I won't be able to switch to any other app or sometimes even do things on that same window. I've already...
  5. Help with unresponsive taskbar

Help with unresponsive taskbar: Recently, I've been having lots of trouble with my taskbar becoming unresponsive. Usually if I have my browser open, the page will switch or flash a few times and then I won't be able to switch to any other app or sometimes even do things on that same window. I've already...
  6. Taskbar, Taskmanager and Desktop not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar, Taskmanager and Desktop not working: When logging in everything seems to work fine but with time, it gets worse:When I press crtl+shift+esc or ctrl+alt+delete and then on task manager, it does not open the task manager. So there is no way I can think of to restart explorer.exe.Nothing on the taskbar works....
  7. Taskbar, Taskmanager and Desktop not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Taskbar, Taskmanager and Desktop not working: When logging in everything seems to work fine but with time, it gets worse:When I press crtl+shift+esc or ctrl+alt+delete and then on task manager, it does not open the task manager. So there is no way I can think of to restart explorer.exe.Nothing on the taskbar works....
  8. Taskbar, Taskmanager and Desktop not working

9. Black Screen, cursor, windows is unresponsive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black Screen, cursor, windows is unresponsive: Hi, I have windows 10 and it has always been slow. Cortana doesn't work. Start menu shows up greyed out the first time of use then second time opens after a few seconds delay. All actions take a good few seconds longer to perform than they should. I sent the pc back to...
  10. Taskbar, taskmanager and search not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar, taskmanager and search not working: This ocurring xonstantly since yesterday. It may or may not be related to the new update. I have a dell notebook with 8 GB ram and a i5 processor. Minutes after starting up the computer the taskbar will freeze. Clicking on it does nothing. Keyboard shortcuts also won't work,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cursor is unresponsive

2. unresponsive cursor windows 10

3. windows 10 no taskbar are taskmanager

4. win 10 unresponsive black screen