Windows 10: Help. Windows 10 Suddenly Won't Connect to a Working NAS.

Discus and support Help. Windows 10 Suddenly Won't Connect to a Working NAS. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi. My dad recently bought a Western Digital MyCloud. We set it up last week all working fine, with access by Win7 PC, (New) Win10 PC and phones etc.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Cinobite, Jul 16, 2020.

1. Help. Windows 10 Suddenly Won't Connect to a Working NAS.

Hi.

My dad recently bought a Western Digital MyCloud. We set it up last week all working fine, with access by Win7 PC, (New) Win10 PC and phones etc. I set up 2 shares and mapped them as drives on both the Windows 10 and Windows 7 machines and they worked perfectly.

3 days later it stopped working with the Windows 10 PC completely. (The IPs are exactly the same on all devices.)

The current situation is with the new Windows 10 PC:

Ping = "destination host unreachable"

Will not connect via Explorer

Will not connect via web interface

Troubleshoot = Your computer appears to be configured correctly but the device detected (mycloud) is not responding

Internet from Windows 10 works

Connecting to Windows 7 shares from Windows 10 works

Windows 10 Credential Manager lists it, Sharing enable, SMB enable, Netbios of TCP/IP enabled. Done a network reset. All haven't fixed it

It's up and running and healthy. I can connect via phone, web and Windows 7. Pings and network scans show it fine from other devices.

"Nothing has changed", he moved some music and photos over day 1 but that was it. Windows 10 changes have been 2 Windows updates, 1 MS Security update, MS Edge and 2 applications. I removed them all and rolled the system back but still doesn't work.

Tested AV, Firewalls all disabled, etc, the usual. Still won't connect

Any ideas?

I'm at a complete loss, it WAS working, nothing has really changed. It's all hardwired and it works fine from every other device apart from the Windows 10 PC. Likewise, the Win10 will access other network devices just not the myCloud.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

TIA

submitted by /u/Cinobite
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Cinobite, Jul 16, 2020
  2. Gino Des Win User

Windows 10 & NAS Box

Hi Peter,

A few possible reasons can cause this issue. To help us identify the cause of this problem, we would like to know the following information:

• How is your NAS box connected to your computer? (Ethernet, Wi-Fi, or USB)
    • Are you using a program provided by the manufacturer of your NAS box to access it?
    • Do you receive any error messages when accessing your NAS box? If yes, what is the exact error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you perform the solution provided by omiklik (Most Helpful Reply)
    in the following thread: Unable to see NAS drive on Network - Win 10 PC.

Keep us updated on the status of the issue, and we will be glad to assist you further.

Gino Des, Jul 16, 2020
  3. Windows 10 - NAS Drive

Hi,

We appreciate you for being a part of Windows 10.

We need more information to help you better.

• Is the system connected to domain network?

• Have you updated the network drivers in your computer?
    Reference: Meanwhile, I suggest you to refer to the suggestions provided by the
    Smithhead9 on May 7, 2015 and check if it helps.

Accessing NAS not working in Windows 10 Technical Preview

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with the issue. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Jul 16, 2020
  4. Help. Windows 10 Suddenly Won't Connect to a Working NAS.

help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Jul 16, 2020
Thema:

Help. Windows 10 Suddenly Won't Connect to a Working NAS.

1. Help. Windows 10 Suddenly Won't Connect to a Working NAS. - Similar Threads - Help Suddenly Won't

2. Windows 10 Home NAS connection problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Home NAS connection problem: I have laptop PC running windows 10 Home version 20H2 build 19042.1466. I have a Seagate NAS 220 connected to my router. I can access the network shares on my phone and my ANdroid tablet but not my windows pc. I have set netbios in IPV4, I have set sharing in network sharing...
  3. Windows 10 Home NAS connection problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Home NAS connection problem: I have laptop PC running windows 10 Home version 20H2 build 19042.1466. I have a Seagate NAS 220 connected to my router. I can access the network shares on my phone and my ANdroid tablet but not my windows pc. I have set netbios in IPV4, I have set sharing in network sharing...
  4. Windows 10 Home NAS connection problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Windows 10 not connect to NAS driver

Windows 10 not connect to NAS driver: Hi All, I have a raspberry pi NAS as a music server and it can connect with android phone, mac mini, Hifiberry music stream But my Windows 10 PC is not recognize the Pi NAS password when I do Map Network Drive. I'm sure the password is correct. Really appreciated with...
  6. Audio Suddenly Won't Work

in Windows 10 Customization
    Audio Suddenly Won't Work: I logged onto my computer today and it says no speakers or headphones are plugged in which is simply not true. Any help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-suddenly-wont-work/5e429015-e105-4d44-9398-aa9b673e1e32
  7. Windows 10 password won't work suddenly

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 password won't work suddenly: Same password for years stopped working after I'd tried getting into safe mode ( never actually got to safe mode) I rebooted a few times and then the problem came about. Its a pin number I use which registers as soon as last number is typed. Now it is sane screen but I can...
  8. Windows 10 password won't work suddenly

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 password won't work suddenly: Same password for years stopped working after I'd tried getting into safe mode ( never actually got to safe mode) I rebooted a few times and then the problem came about. Its a pin number I use which registers as soon as last number is typed. Now it is sane screen but I can...
  9. Tablet PC's won't connect to NAS

Tablet PC's won't connect to NAS: I have an old NAS that uses SMB 1.0. Older laptops can map the NAS, no problem. My two desktop PCs also map to the NAS, no problem. (I enabled "SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing Support" on all PCs). But I have two Microsoft touch tablets that just won't connect to the NAS. (All PCs...
  10. windows 10 connect to nas

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 connect to nas: new computer (windows 10pro) will not connect to my nas https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-connect-to-nas/dda6bea2-6ab8-4226-9ea4-b91ac57beb6f