Windows 10: Help. Windows 10 tablet must restart Explorer a dozen times to start-up.

Discus and support Help. Windows 10 tablet must restart Explorer a dozen times to start-up. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a Windows 10 tablet. Once it has finally finished starting up, everything is fine. But the desktop Explorer? must be restarted over & over again... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Mugsy'sRapSheet, May 26, 2022.

1. Help. Windows 10 tablet must restart Explorer a dozen times to start-up.

I have a Windows 10 tablet. Once it has finally finished starting up, everything is fine. But the desktop Explorer? must be restarted over & over again to get there and I have no idea why.When I start up my computer, it takes forever to finish starting up. If I click the desktop or any icons before then, the screen turns white, the desktop & all icons reload including my wallpaper and I must wait until all tray icons only 3 minor non-Windows apps which I've tried disabling have finished loading.I'll have a pointer on the desktop, but if I hover over the taskbar, I get the spinnin

:)

Mugsy'sRapSheet, May 26, 2022
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 26, 2022
  3. LarsenRL Win User
    File Explorer "Not Responding" dozens of times per day on Windows 10

I need to work in a lot of different directories with a lot of file types (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, .pdf, etc.) everyday, and I use File Explorer to locate these files, and generally double click to open them.

Dozens of times per day the File Explorer app freezes, says "Not Responding", and the only way to get out of it is to right click on "Restart" in the Task Manager... but this means that I, too, have to restart what i was doing, drill down to the file i want,
    and pray that it will open.

I've seen tons of issues similar to this listed on your Support website, but I do NOT see a solution that works. Please advise how to resolve this.

Windows 10, version 1903

HP ENVY hardware

I have about 32GB of free space on my 222GB capacity hard drive

LarsenRL, May 26, 2022
  4. mixa Win User

Help. Windows 10 tablet must restart Explorer a dozen times to start-up.

Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

Help. Windows 10 tablet must restart Explorer a dozen times to start-up. wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

Thema:

Help. Windows 10 tablet must restart Explorer a dozen times to start-up.

1. Help. Windows 10 tablet must restart Explorer a dozen times to start-up. - Similar Threads - Help tablet must

2. Help. Windows 10 tablet must restart Explorer a dozen times to start-up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help. Windows 10 tablet must restart Explorer a dozen times to start-up.: I have a Windows 10 tablet. Once it has finally finished starting up, everything is fine. But the desktop Explorer? must be restarted over & over again to get there and I have no idea why.When I start up my computer, it takes forever to finish starting up. If I click the...
  3. Help. Windows 10 tablet must restart Explorer a dozen times to start-up.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help. Windows 10 tablet must restart Explorer a dozen times to start-up.: I have a Windows 10 tablet. Once it has finally finished starting up, everything is fine. But the desktop Explorer? must be restarted over & over again to get there and I have no idea why.When I start up my computer, it takes forever to finish starting up. If I click the...
  4. Windows 10 -- my laptop freezes up for no reason -- I must restart several times a day -- help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 -- my laptop freezes up for no reason -- I must restart several times a day -- help: Hello, In the last few weeks, my Dell laptop locks up on me. Without warning, the cursor will not move and the keyboard does not function. I restart the computer. This happens several times a day. I believe I have Windows 10. I have contacted Microsoft support and tried the...
  5. Windows 10 -- my laptop freezes up for no reason -- I must restart several times a day -- help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 -- my laptop freezes up for no reason -- I must restart several times a day -- help: Hello, In the last few weeks, my Dell laptop locks up on me. Without warning, the cursor will not move and the keyboard does not function. I restart the computer. This happens several times a day. I believe I have Windows 10. I have contacted Microsoft support and tried the...
  6. Windows 10 -- my laptop freezes up for no reason -- I must restart several times a day -- help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. File Explorer "Not Responding" dozens of times per day on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer "Not Responding" dozens of times per day on Windows 10: I need to work in a lot of different directories with a lot of file types (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, .pdf, etc.) everyday, and I use File Explorer to locate these files, and generally double click to open them. Dozens of times per day the File Explorer app freezes, says "Not...
  8. Windows 10 explorer restarts several times

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 explorer restarts several times: I am running windows 10 May 2019 edition . I use my computer for 4-5 hours daily, in that the windows explorer , refresh themselves several times say 1-2 times between that 4-5 hours . I want to know why this problem is happening I am facing this problem from past couple of...
  9. Tablet won't load windows on start up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Tablet won't load windows on start up: I have a Toshiba tablet with WIN 10 on it. Was working fine until one day I went to turn it on and I can't get past the lock screen. The keyboard won't come up so I can enter my password....
  10. start up in tablet mode in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    start up in tablet mode in windows 10: I have the same problem that as quite a few others have experienced it seems . When the HP pavilion x360 goes to sleep it wakes up and the touch pad does not work, I had it to micro center and they could not figure it out they just figured it was a glitch that somehow...