Windows 10: [Help] Windows 10 taking about 1-2 hours to load after reboot or shutdown

Discus and support [Help] Windows 10 taking about 1-2 hours to load after reboot or shutdown in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have done so much reading on Google but haven't been able to find something that works! I have few PC's at work that takes about 1-2 hours to boot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/marcoazeem, Jul 10, 2020.

1. [Help] Windows 10 taking about 1-2 hours to load after reboot or shutdown

I have done so much reading on Google but haven't been able to find something that works!

I have few PC's at work that takes about 1-2 hours to boot into windows two of them have the HR software on it and I can't afford to format it right now because most of places are closed and not working still so if I format the PC they won't be able to use the PC.

I see that it's become a frequent issue on windows 10

Is there anyway to fix this issue?

Any help is appreciated!

submitted by /u/marcoazeem
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/marcoazeem, Jul 10, 2020
  2. senninex Win User

windows 7 reboot every 2 hours..

Did yours Windows 7 beta/ RC start reboot every 2 hours as romours?

Im use win7 built 7057. but it does not reboot yet after 1 August 2009.

senninex, Jul 10, 2020
  3. windows 10 takes 2 hours in loading the desktop

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Method 1: Try the followings steps to run System maintenance troubleshooter:

• Click "Search" and type "Troubleshooting" without quotes and hit enter.

• Click “System and security”

• Select "System maintenance"

• Click next to run the troubleshooter.

Method 2: How to perform a clean boot in Windows:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Note: The steps apply for Windows 10 as well.

Note 2: After the troubleshooting is done make sure to refer the section
    " How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting" from the Clean boot article.

Method 3: Run the DISM Tool.

If the issue persists, I suggest you to run the DISM tool to check the system health and will try to restore the files.

• Click on 'Start'.

• Enter 'Command prompt' in the Search box.

• In the list of results, swipe down on or right-click Command prompt, and then tap or click
      'Run as administrator'.

• In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type the following commands. Press the
      Enter key after each command:

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
    To close the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type Exit, and then press Enter.

Note: The tool might take 15-20 minutes to finish running, so please do not cancel it.

Try the above steps and let us know the status of the issue for further assistance. Feel free to contact us, we will be glad to help you.

Thank you.

Waseemulla S, Jul 10, 2020
  4. Weer Win User

[Help] Windows 10 taking about 1-2 hours to load after reboot or shutdown

Reminder: Microsoft Windows 7 Beta Automatic Two-Hour Shutdowns Begin Today

Does that work?

Thema:

[Help] Windows 10 taking about 1-2 hours to load after reboot or shutdown

1. [Help] Windows 10 taking about 1-2 hours to load after reboot or shutdown - Similar Threads - Help taking hours

2. Multiple shutdowns 2 hours screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple shutdowns 2 hours screen: A couple of hours ago, i had battery issues and my laptop shut down several times in the span of a couple of minutes. when i plugged the laptop in, it made me enter in a challenge passcode A1B2C3 and when i enter it, i have to enter my PIN, and when i do that it says i have...
  3. Multiple shutdowns 2 hours screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple shutdowns 2 hours screen: A couple of hours ago, i had battery issues and my laptop shut down several times in the span of a couple of minutes. when i plugged the laptop in, it made me enter in a challenge passcode A1B2C3 and when i enter it, i have to enter my PIN, and when i do that it says i have...
  4. Windows 10 taking over an hour to load after login

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 taking over an hour to load after login: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Kimgss [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iiuilh/windows_10_taking_over_an_hour_to_load_after_login/
  5. Minecraft windows 10 takes 2 hours to load into main menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft windows 10 takes 2 hours to load into main menu: I bought this minecraft game off the microsoft store so that i could play with my friends on xbox but i launch the game and the window opens but as its loading it gets to a certain point then just stops until a couple hours after then it launches the game. I have posted a...
  6. Windows 10 reboots after shutdown

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 reboots after shutdown: Hello, Just after the recent update my laptop started rebooting after I shut it down, or put it to sleep. Which is not very helpful. Have taken to unplugging it and closing the lid so the battery dies. I have read about this happening since about 2017 for others and there...
  7. PC sleeps after about 1 1/2 hours but changed settings are ignored

in Windows 10 Support
    PC sleeps after about 1 1/2 hours but changed settings are ignored: Running Win 10 version 1909 I'm reasonably certain I have tried every resolution Google coughed up without success. While the issue is a minor one it is very annoying. I'm hoping someone here might be able to suggest a fix that works. The problem first appeared about 4...
  8. Microsoft windows 10 auto shutdown every 1 hour

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Microsoft windows 10 auto shutdown every 1 hour: Hi, I have an issue with my newly purchased lenovo desktop. all desktop installed with windows 10 enterprise evaluation. after fresh installation of windows 10 OS within a week my desktop goes auto shutdowm every one hour. before that all hardware check by lenovo and...
  9. 1-2 hour boot time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    1-2 hour boot time: Please help, I have just pulled a Dell motherboard and i7 processor from a Dell Precision T1500 and built into a new case with a fresh install of windows 10 on a 128gb SSD with 16gb DDR3 memory & 2x additional HDD's for extra storage. Everything was working fine until I...
  10. Reboot takes 2-5 hours and no login prompt after sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Reboot takes 2-5 hours and no login prompt after sleep: Hello, So yesterday I installed some updates on my computer, however when it was rebooting it sat there for about an hour doing nothing. Eventually I force turned it off and tried to reboot it, however it kept doing the same thing. I looked up any fixes I could find, the...