Windows 10: Help windows activation, new hardware

Discus and support Help windows activation, new hardware in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I just moved a hard drive over to a completely new computer as I am getting rid of the old one from age. I have run through the trouble shoot for new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by jacobrblu, Jan 24, 2019.

1. jacobrblu Win User

Help windows activation, new hardware

I just moved a hard drive over to a completely new computer as I am getting rid of the old one from age. I have run through the trouble shoot for new hardware to no avail. the support chat thing didn't help and the phone number it gave me at the end did not work.

I have a windows 10 pro upgrade from a windows 7 hard copy I got from college in 2009.

any help would be great. still have the hardware from the old computer if that can help any.

:)

jacobrblu, Jan 24, 2019

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Dec 16, 2019
  3. Activation troubles after hardware chnage

Here's what happened:

• Linked my Windows 10 Pro Licence to my Microsoft account.
    • Switched out to a new motherboard, new install linked to my Microsoft account.
    • Activation has failed, (Error Code: 0xC004C003) when I try to troubleshoot:
    • Have been trying for 3 days now - still not activated.
    Anyone got any ideas or suggestions on what I can do?

Thanks

TobiasPreston, Dec 16, 2019
  4. jacobrblu Win User

so I looked at most of the guides and from the looks of it, I would have to rebuild the old computer to move remove the windows key from it to move to the new one?

As for legitimate copy of windows 7, I would assume it is. I have the disk infront of me with the product key on it still. But from what little bit of the key is shown on the activation page in the settings, windows 10 must have generated a new key.

when I do the trouble shoot for the new hardware, it does list my old motherboard as the only option but does not work.

jacobrblu, Dec 16, 2019
Thema:

1. Help windows activation, new hardware - Similar Threads - Help activation hardware

2. Windows Activation on new hardware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Activation on new hardware: Hi,So, I have followed all the help steps to be able to switch my digital windows key over to my new pc and my new PC isn't showing up even though I'm logged in with the correct account.I have also tried deactivating my windows key from one to device and have entered it on my...
  3. Windows Activation on new hardware

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Activation on new hardware: Hi,So, I have followed all the help steps to be able to switch my digital windows key over to my new pc and my new PC isn't showing up even though I'm logged in with the correct account.I have also tried deactivating my windows key from one to device and have entered it on my...
  4. Windows Activation on new hardware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Activation on new hardware: I had Windows 10 pro installed on an old computer and it would not update to Windows 11 because of old hardware wouldn't support 11. I have a new computer which will only load windows 11 Home. How do I transfer the Windows 10 Pro license to the new Windows 11 Home computer. I...
  5. Windows Activation on new hardware

Windows Activation on new hardware: I had Windows 10 pro installed on an old computer and it would not update to Windows 11 because of old hardware wouldn't support 11. I have a new computer which will only load windows 11 Home. How do I transfer the Windows 10 Pro license to the new Windows 11 Home computer. I...
  6. Windows Activation, new hardware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Activation, new hardware: Just swapped out my motherboard old one died. And I lost my activated windows. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-activation-new-hardware/eb315389-133e-4972-8734-d7b9d7788d54
  7. Windows Activation, new hardware

Windows Activation, new hardware: Just swapped out my motherboard old one died. And I lost my activated windows. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-activation-new-hardware/eb315389-133e-4972-8734-d7b9d7788d54
  8. Windows Activation, new hardware

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Windows activation on a new hardware

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows activation on a new hardware: Hello, I recently changed my motherboard and I have forgotten to add my account on my previous motherboard which I do not have access to anymore so I can't use the option 'I recently hanged hardware on this device'. I had a similar problem before when I also changed my...
  10. activate windows on new hardware

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    activate windows on new hardware: ok my ssd hangs my pc at startup and without it pc works fine now if I get new ssd do I need to reactivate windows if yes how do I do it in India my windows key is linked to my email which I use to sign into windows...