Windows 10: (Help) Windows creating mass amounts of event logs in temp folder, don't know how to stop.

Discus and support (Help) Windows creating mass amounts of event logs in temp folder, don't know how to stop. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Pretty much title. Windows creates massive amounts of event logs into my temp folder. Clearing it out just cleared 650 GBs (I have a 1 TB SSD) and in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ToThe4thDimension, Jan 17, 2020.

1. (Help) Windows creating mass amounts of event logs in temp folder, don't know how to stop.

Pretty much title. Windows creates massive amounts of event logs into my temp folder. Clearing it out just cleared 650 GBs (I have a 1 TB SSD) and in the few minutes I've been doing other things it has already created 10 more GB of logs. is there any way to either stop this from happening or just disable windows from creating these? Even just a program that deletes the temp folder often would be greatly helpful, thanks in advance.

submitted by /u/ToThe4thDimension
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ToThe4thDimension, Jan 17, 2020

2. What is the difference between %TEMP% folder and the TEMP folder in C:\Windows\TEMP ?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you would like to know the difference between C:\ temp and %temp%. We will assist you.

Windows Temporary files are created by the operating system during the normal course of its running when there may not be enough memory allocated for the task.

Software which use large amounts of data like Graphics, Video or Media editing software also create temporary files.

Temporary files are also created for back up purposes by its respective programs. These temp files are left behind even after the task is over which leads to disk space usage.

The Temporary Files in Windows are typically found located in two locations:

• %systemdrive%\Windows\Temp
    • %userprofile%\AppData\Local\Temp
    The Temporary files created by the Windows operating system are usually stored in the %system%\Windows\Temp folderand this is where the system itself will put temporary files during installations.

The temporary files created by the User when running any software is stored in his user profile at %userprofiles%\AppData\Local\. The other folder typically located at C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Temp, is created for each User. This folder
    is hidden and you will have to first ‘un-hide’ System folders from the Folder Options.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jan 17, 2020
  3. Help to get Event ID 15 - ACPI to stop logging in Event Viewer

Not sure if this is the right section, if not please move to the correct one.

Under the details tab in Event Viewer when a logged event has a GUID that shows up in the registry under HKEYLM > System > CurrentControlSet>Control>WM>Autologger>EventLog-XX I know how to disable the event from logging, but Event ID 15 - ACPI does not have a GUID.

Does any one know how I can get this to stop logging? From what I have seen on the web only a fix to the motherboard BIOS would fix it and I doubt that this is high on Asus' list of BIOS fixes for the R6E. Everything I have read on the web says that this is meaningless and in the General tab it basically says to ignore it so I would like to get this to stop logging in Event Viewer.

(Help) Windows creating mass amounts of event logs in temp folder, don't know how to stop. [​IMG]

(Help) Windows creating mass amounts of event logs in temp folder, don't know how to stop. [​IMG]

idahosurge, Jan 17, 2020
  4. Vicky Acs Win User

(Help) Windows creating mass amounts of event logs in temp folder, don't know how to stop.

about temp folder

Hi Hector,

The temp folder provides work space for programs. Yes they can be deleted. We suggest that you follow the steps provided by Sangeeta Sarkar on how to delete Temp files on this

link
    . You may also type in the search box Disk Cleanup and hit enter. It will evaluate your disk and give you a list of folders sizes that can be deleted.

Keep us updated on the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Regards.

Vicky Acs, Jan 17, 2020
Thema:

(Help) Windows creating mass amounts of event logs in temp folder, don't know how to stop.

1. (Help) Windows creating mass amounts of event logs in temp folder, don't know how to stop. - Similar Threads - Help creating mass

2. Windows spamming event logs in temp file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows spamming event logs in temp file: Hi there,I'm coming to you today because i really ran out of ideas.For 3 months now, every 7 minutes precisely, windows creates 12 event logs and one .txt file, for roughly 600Mo per hour.I checked the error code in the txt file, looked it up on the internet, and it says...
  3. Windows spamming event logs in temp file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows spamming event logs in temp file: Hi there,I'm coming to you today because i really ran out of ideas.For 3 months now, every 7 minutes precisely, windows creates 12 event logs and one .txt file, for roughly 600Mo per hour.I checked the error code in the txt file, looked it up on the internet, and it says...
  4. Windows spamming event logs in temp file

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. trojans create file for appdata temp or windows temp folder

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    trojans create file for appdata temp or windows temp folder: trojans create file for appdata temp or windows temp folder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trojans-create-file-for-appdata-temp-or-windows/5f158b9d-b52f-4a62-b5ef-e6a7105ec4bd
  6. "Host Process for Windows Services" using large amounts of data, don't know how to stop it

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Host Process for Windows Services" using large amounts of data, don't know how to stop it: I recently bought a new laptop and have been having issues with "Host Process for Windows Services" using a bulk of my data. I have a data cap each month, so this is incredibly annoying. I use GlassWire to keep an eye on data usage, and I checked more about what was using...
  7. 2 log files created in windows temp

in Windows 10 Support
    2 log files created in windows temp: Hi I have 2 log files created over and over again in Windows temp folder: 1. aria-debug-xxxx.log xxxx changes between files. The content is either empty or includes one line: Logging inited C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\aria-debug-12272.log 1 I read it might be related to OneDrive but...
  8. Windows 10 tempo folder with AppXDeploymentserver event log temp file.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 tempo folder with AppXDeploymentserver event log temp file.: Hi, I have Microsoft surface 2 note book and recently start filling disk space with AppXDeploymentserver.temp event log file and fill up my disk space. Is there any one have any idea to resolve the issue? Many thanks, Preyash Parekh...
  9. Event Log files flood at Windows/Temp

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Event Log files flood at Windows/Temp: Hello people! My PC started out of a sudden registering a hell lot of Event Log files usually in the pattern "Application_<some serial number>" or "Microsoft-Windows-<some thing>-<some serial number>" and paired up with "AppxErrorReport_<serial>.txt" files. I noticed it...
  10. Don't know how to create virtual switch

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Don't know how to create virtual switch: Hi I am new to Hyper-V so please bear with me. After about 5 hours I managed to get the Hyper-V Manager working then tried to set up a Virtual Switch following the tutorial. What I keep getting is "Error applying Virtual Switch Properties changes" please see attached. When...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows temp log