Windows 10: [Help] Windows decided to update itself to 1903, failed and now my audio's totally gone.

Discus and support [Help] Windows decided to update itself to 1903, failed and now my audio's totally gone. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Earlier today I went AFK for 5 minutes, when I came back windows was updating, after 10 minutes it booted up and restarted, when I finally could use my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/LaserSoda, May 29, 2020.

1. [Help] Windows decided to update itself to 1903, failed and now my audio's totally gone.

Earlier today I went AFK for 5 minutes, when I came back windows was updating, after 10 minutes it booted up and restarted, when I finally could use my PC again I noticed that no sound was being played in FL studio, so I look down at the volume thingy and it tells me that its not being executed. None of my audio devices show up when I go to the Sound part of the settings menu, I've tried re-installing drivers about 6 times already to no avail (Code 10). Does anyone know how to fix this? None of the other guides and tutorials online help, how can windows 10 be this broken

submitted by /u/LaserSoda
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/LaserSoda, May 29, 2020
  2. jds21 Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I just did step one and they have just all installed.... thank you so much.... it was quite frustrating having that update window pop up every 5 minutes and failing to instal every time

Thanks mate

jds21, May 29, 2020
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, May 29, 2020
  4. [Help] Windows decided to update itself to 1903, failed and now my audio's totally gone.

Sound gone with Win10 1903 update

Hi Mustafa2359016,

I'm Stefano an Independent Advisor, here to help you.

I suggest you to follow this steps once upgraded to Windows 1903:

1. Press WINDOWS + X

2. Click on "Device Manager"

3. Click on "Audio controller"

4. Right click on your SB X-Fi Extreme

5. Click on "Uninstall device"

6. Click on "Detects Hardware change" (monitor icon)

Then check if the sound then works.

StefanoTamiotti, May 29, 2020
Thema:

[Help] Windows decided to update itself to 1903, failed and now my audio's totally gone.

1. [Help] Windows decided to update itself to 1903, failed and now my audio's totally gone. - Similar Threads - Help decided update

2. suddenly my windows10 decided to deactivate itself

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    suddenly my windows10 decided to deactivate itself: Hello everyone I am in need of advice from those more learned than myself...I bought my motherboard and processor 2 years ago,Windows 10 was already activated and Ive never had a problem.However in my infinite stupidity I decided to download and run Windows 11,at first...
  3. suddenly my windows10 decided to deactivate itself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    suddenly my windows10 decided to deactivate itself: Hello everyone I am in need of advice from those more learned than myself...I bought my motherboard and processor 2 years ago,Windows 10 was already activated and Ive never had a problem.However in my infinite stupidity I decided to download and run Windows 11,at first...
  4. suddenly my windows10 decided to deactivate itself

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My computer reset itself, and now half of my apps are gone.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My computer reset itself, and now half of my apps are gone.: What you see below is what my windows home screen looks like now. Once filled with about 60 shortcuts, nearly every single one disappearing. Except only a random bunch. I have reset my computer 3 times, no change. I have left my computer off over night, still the same result....
  6. Windows decided to unexpectedly reinstall itself this morning.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows decided to unexpectedly reinstall itself this morning.: I recently bulk updated drivers on my PC (Graphics cards, my drawing tablet, my audio devices, just general maintenance) and all went well. This morning Windows showed an option to "update and restart" when I tried to put it to sleep. Thinking I missed an update (was running...
  7. 1903 Update fail

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    1903 Update fail: I have been trying to update from w10 1803 to 1903 without success. I get to about 80% and then get the message could not configure one or more system components. I have tried various fixes like dism and sfc. I have tried to reinstall w10 from an iso download all goes well...
  8. 1903 Updates Ruined My Windows Explorer (Totally!!) and Microsoft They Won't Help Me at All

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    1903 Updates Ruined My Windows Explorer (Totally!!) and Microsoft They Won't Help Me at All: Yes, on All of my Windows 10 Computers 3 Laptops and 3 Desktop Computers Windows 10 Updates have completely RUINED MY Windows Explorer Program, when I try to Rename a Folder, or Create One, it always shuts down and restarts Windows Explorer and I cannot do anything properly...
  9. Was forced to update to 1903.... now a bunch of apps are gone. GONE! ****???

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Was forced to update to 1903.... now a bunch of apps are gone. GONE! ****???: Clearly my settings are messed up as when I shut down, 1903 updated all on its own. ****! I'm so sick of Microsoft doing this kind of stuff. Regardless, now a bunch of app tiles are gone from my start menu, and I can not even find any trace of them on my HDD at all. Right...
  10. My Sound is Totally Gone on Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Sound is Totally Gone on Windows 10: Hello, My sound was working fine yesterday and today it's gone. I went to the following page below and followed all their suggestions except the last, putting the PC is safe mode, because I just don't know how to do it even with instructions. The sound won't come back on. I...