Windows 10: Help! windows defender can't run!

Discus and support Help! windows defender can't run! in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; The windows defender can't run. When I try it show a Message: this program is blocked by a group policy ["este programa está bloqueado por uma... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by CéliaPonte1, Jun 11, 2020.

1. Help! windows defender can't run!

The windows defender can't run. When I try it show a Message: this program is blocked by a group policy ["este programa está bloqueado por uma diretiva de grupo"], but I can't find and stop the workgroup.

:)

CéliaPonte1, Jun 11, 2020

2. Windows Defender Not On

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I would suggest you to try the below methods and check:

Method 1:

I would suggest you to run virus scan to make sure the computer is free from virus.

The Microsoft Safety Scanner is a free downloadable security tool that provides on-demand scanning and helps remove virus, spyware, and other malicious software. It works with your existing antivirus software.

Microsoft Safety Scanner Download - Windows security

Method 2:

Turn the Defender on. Follow the below steps:

• In search, type Defender.
    • Now make the option ON by moving the slider accordingly.

Method 3: Run the SFC.

Follow the below steps:

• Open Command Prompt.
    • Select “Run as Administrator”.
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without quotes and hit
      Enter.
    Now check for the issue.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Jun 11, 2020
  3. windows defender runs slow

Hi Thomas,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing currently. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• Have you installed any third party security application in your system, apart from Windows 10?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?
    I would like to inform you that this issue might occur, if the Windows defender is scanning too many junk or malware effected files in the system. As of now,
    I suggest you to run System maintenance task and check if it helps.

The Run maintenance task checks issues that might slow down your computer's, such as how many users are currently logged on to the computer and whether multiple programs are running at the same time.

Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows + X on the keyboard.

• Select Control Panel.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Click on Run maintenance task under
      System and Security.
    For more information, refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/windows-defender-offline-faq

Hope the information helps. Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Jun 11, 2020
  4. Help! windows defender can't run!

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jun 11, 2020
Thema:

Help! windows defender can't run!

1. Help! windows defender can't run! - Similar Threads - Help defender can't

2. Help needed trying to run Defender on Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Help needed trying to run Defender on Windows 10: Question #1: Where can I find the official Microsoft user’s manual for Window 10’s Defender?I have just wasted 2 weeks of my life due to reading 2nd hand, incomplete, misleading instructions and tutorials. Most of the stuff on the internet often amounts to what someone does...
  3. Microsoft Defender Smartscreen "Can't Run" *HELP*

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Defender Smartscreen "Can't Run" *HELP*: Hello,I can't download apps because of this microsoft defender smartscreen.. How can I turn it off? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-defender-smartscreen-cant-run-help/95b2bc05-329e-4e23-8455-41a0e7d4a208
  4. Microsoft Defender Smartscreen "Can't Run" *HELP*

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Defender Smartscreen "Can't Run" *HELP*: Hello,I can't download apps because of this microsoft defender smartscreen.. How can I turn it off? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-defender-smartscreen-cant-run-help/95b2bc05-329e-4e23-8455-41a0e7d4a208
  5. Can't activate Windows Defender Firewall and can't run Windows Security

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't activate Windows Defender Firewall and can't run Windows Security: Hello!I believe my laptop has got some sort of virus and I am not sure what to do.Microsoft Photos wasn't working and I tried to update it but got an error with Code: 0x80073D0A. After looking it up, I found that this might be related to security so I tried opening Windows...
  6. Can't activate Windows Defender Firewall and can't run Windows Security

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't activate Windows Defender Firewall and can't run Windows Security: Hello!I believe my laptop has got some sort of virus and I am not sure what to do.Microsoft Photos wasn't working and I tried to update it but got an error with Code: 0x80073D0A. After looking it up, I found that this might be related to security so I tried opening Windows...
  7. Can't activate Windows Defender Firewall and can't run Windows Security

8. Can't run Windows Defender Offline

Can't run Windows Defender Offline: When I attempt to run Windows Defender offline, first I get the following window: "Save your work - Windows defender offline scan will take some time ----etc." I select SCAN and get the following window: "Do you want to let the app to make changes --- etc." I can wait at...
  9. Can't run Windows Defender

Can't run Windows Defender: Win Defender Security Centre lists my Virus and Threat Protection as disabled. The message reads "Your Virus & threat Protection is managed by your organization." This happened a month ago and was resolved when I thoroughly removed Malwarebytes, though it and Win Defender...
  10. can't run windows defender

can't run windows defender: This is what I get when I try to run a scan. Page Not Available Your IT Administrator has limited access to some areas of this app, and the item you tried is not available. Contact IT helpdesk for more information....