Windows 10: HELP : Windows defender is turned off and is currently managed by your administrator

Discus and support HELP : Windows defender is turned off and is currently managed by your administrator in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I just noticed that windows defender wasn't showing up in the icon tray, so I headed over to the defender application manually and the above... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ReddSan, Jan 9, 2021.

1. HELP : Windows defender is turned off and is currently managed by your administrator

So I just noticed that windows defender wasn't showing up in the icon tray, so I headed over to the defender application manually and the above mentioned statement pops up. I can't even seem to check windows for updates, it says some kind of an error.

Please help..

submitted by /u/ReddSan
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ReddSan, Jan 9, 2021
  2. tummyache Win User

"Windows Defender Antivirus is turned off and is currently being managed by your system administrator"

I have been getting a notification for the past couple of days. It reads "Windows Defender Antivirus is turned off and is currently being managed by your system administrator" The grey button that says Turn On Now right beside this message is greyed out.
    How do I fix this? Why am I not the system administrator? Weird stuff. Can someone please help me. Lynn

* Original title: windows 10 - Antivirus

tummyache, Jan 9, 2021
  3. I can't turn on Windows Defender Real Time Protection

We appreciate your response. We suggest that you try to turn on Windows Defender Real Time Protection from a Hidden Administrator account. To enable Hidden Administrator, the following are the steps:

• Right-click on the Start button and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • In the command prompt, type in net user administrator /active:yes and press Enter.
    • Log out and log back in using the Administrator account.

Let us know if you require further assistance.

Hector Mad, Jan 9, 2021
  4. HELP : Windows defender is turned off and is currently managed by your administrator

WINDOWS DEFENDER is turned off

Hi Ahmed,

Since you're not able to turn on Windows Defender as well, we'd like to know if you have made any changes recently prior to this issue. In the meantime, you may follow the steps below on how to turn on Windows Defender manually:

• Type Windows Defender in the Search bar and press
      Enter.
    • Go to Settings and make sure that the Turn on real-time protection recommended option is turned on.
    Same thing with the other members who are having the same issue, we suggest that you check if the service was setup to
    Automatic in the Services option. Please follow the steps that we've provided last
    September 3, 2017.

Let us know how if you were able to turn it on properly by changing the Startup type to Automatic.

Eileen Gal, Jan 9, 2021
Thema:

HELP : Windows defender is turned off and is currently managed by your administrator

1. HELP : Windows defender is turned off and is currently managed by your administrator - Similar Threads - HELP defender turned

2. how to turn off this setting is managed by your administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to turn off this setting is managed by your administrator: Windows 11 Enterprise Asus vivobookI looked after but I didn't find any useful tipI tried to turn off the User Account Control Settings and enable Smart Screen but it doesn't work...
  3. how to turn off this setting is managed by your administrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to turn off this setting is managed by your administrator: Windows 11 Enterprise Asus vivobookI looked after but I didn't find any useful tipI tried to turn off the User Account Control Settings and enable Smart Screen but it doesn't work...
  4. window defender : This setting is managed by your administrator.

in Windows 10 Customization
    window defender : This setting is managed by your administrator.: I am not able to turn on it bcz it showing This setting is managed by your administrator. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-defender-this-setting-is-managed-by-your/be50aedf-9fdf-4cd7-b80e-5fe17bd26592
  5. window defender : This setting is managed by your administrator.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    window defender : This setting is managed by your administrator.: I am not able to turn on it bcz it showing This setting is managed by your administrator. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-defender-this-setting-is-managed-by-your/be50aedf-9fdf-4cd7-b80e-5fe17bd26592
  6. window defender : This setting is managed by your administrator.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Windows Defender turned off by IT administrator

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender turned off by IT administrator: So I was trying to see the threat that defender detected when it said "Your IT administrator has limited access to some area of this app, and the item you try to access is not available. Contact your IT helpdesk for more information" After that I can't turn on the real-time...
  8. Defender - "This setting is managed by your administrator"

Defender - "This setting is managed by your administrator": I got fed up with AVG finally and fully uninstalled it with their removal tools. Now I'm trying out Windows Defender to see how I manage. But under "Virus & threat protection settings", I can't enable Real-Time protection.It's greyed out and says, "This setting is managed by...
  9. get message "Windows defender antivirus is turned off and is currently being managed by...

get message "Windows defender antivirus is turned off and is currently being managed by...: As it states above I have notification telling me Windows defender anti-virus is turned off but I cannot change this because my system admin is blocking me. This is on my private laptop and I am the system admin. I'm not part of an organisation....
  10. "This setting is managed by your administration" Windows Defender

"This setting is managed by your administration" Windows Defender: Hi, so I have this problem that ALT + Enter doesn't work in any games for me so I thought I'll look around Windows settings, maybe something is messed up and I get this "Some settings are hidden or managed by your organisation" and I remembered about Windows Defender, because...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows defender is turned off and is being managed by your system administrator

2. How to Turn on Windows Defender Windows 8.1 currently managed by your system admin