Windows 10: Help Windows Defender UI cashes when trying to open the app from system try

Discus and support Help Windows Defender UI cashes when trying to open the app from system try in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Today my WD was working very fine till I downloaded something that apparently got a virus so WD blocked it on the spot, then when I tried to open WD to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/EgyptionGuy, Oct 16, 2020.

1. Help Windows Defender UI cashes when trying to open the app from system try

Today my WD was working very fine till I downloaded something that apparently got a virus so WD blocked it on the spot, then when I tried to open WD to see the threat history, the UI of the app crashes and doesn't open up. Same when I tries to open the interface from the Settings.

I've tried SFC/Scannow & DISM (Online) to restore the health of components but nothing was achieved far than resetting my theme colors and icons.

Here's the event log from system messages when I try to open WD

What are my chances now before trying to perform in-place upgrade to reset the system?

Description

Faulting application name: SecHealthUI.exe, version: 10.0.19041.423, time stamp: 0xc09a617f Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.19041.572, time stamp: 0x1183946c Exception code: 0xc000027b Fault offset: 0x000000000010b65c Faulting process id: 0x26bc Faulting application start time: 0x01d6a399fc66459e Faulting application path: C:\WINDOWS\SystemApps\Microsoft.Windows.SecHealthUIcw5n1h2txyewy\SecHealthUI.exe Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll Report Id: c9d63f93-9e22-4726-b978-92ad3bc02475 Faulting package full name: Microsoft.Windows.SecHealthUI_10.0.19041.423_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy Faulting package-relative application ID: SecHealthUI

submitted by /u/EgyptionGuy
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/EgyptionGuy, Oct 16, 2020
  2. Arul_D Win User

Installing Apps on Windows 10 Has Windows Defender Finding Malware

Hi Tommy,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

• Is this issue specific to third party apps?
    I would suggest you to open Windows defender and add exclusions and check if it helps. Follow the steps to add exclusions in windows Defender.

• Type Windows defender settings in the search bar and press enter

• Under Exclusions click on Add Exclusion
    Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Arul_D, Oct 16, 2020
  3. John Sarc Win User
    Windows Defender Blocking Installations of Downloaded Apps

Hi Craig,

There's a possibility that the SmartScreen option is on that's why you're unable to install downloaded apps. Let's try to turn it off and see if it helps. See the steps below:

• Open Windows Defender Security Center from your Start menu, desktop, or taskbar.
    • Click on the App and browser control button on the left side of the window.
    • Click on Off in the Check apps and files section.

Let us know if the suggestion helps you out.

John Sarc, Oct 16, 2020
  4. Help Windows Defender UI cashes when trying to open the app from system try

Windows Defender Blocking Installations of Downloaded Apps

Pictures

edouardlesly1, Oct 16, 2020
Thema:

Help Windows Defender UI cashes when trying to open the app from system try

1. Help Windows Defender UI cashes when trying to open the app from system try - Similar Threads - Help Defender cashes

2. System Permission Required when trying to delete Windows Defender history

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Permission Required when trying to delete Windows Defender history: Hello, I need help deleting my Windows Defender history but it tells me I need system permission. How do I do? Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-permission-required-when-trying-to-delete/c025e863-bf17-4794-abbb-b7953decf264
  3. Help! error 0x800701aa when trying to open photos from PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help! error 0x800701aa when trying to open photos from PC: I am reaching out for help as I seem to be going around and around in circles trying to resolve this problem. I recently downloaded the iCloud for PC app on my Lenovo laptop. My intention was to move the 10,000+ photos I have saved on my laptop to the iCloud storage I pay...
  4. Help! error 0x800701aa when trying to open photos from PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help! error 0x800701aa when trying to open photos from PC: I am reaching out for help as I seem to be going around and around in circles trying to resolve this problem. I recently downloaded the iCloud for PC app on my Lenovo laptop. My intention was to move the 10,000+ photos I have saved on my laptop to the iCloud storage I pay...
  5. Calendar app crashing when I try to open it from the Mail/

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Calendar app crashing when I try to open it from the Mail/: ACER TC-866 DESKTOPProcessor IntelR CoreTM i5-9400 CPU @ 2.90GHz 2.90 GHz Installed RAM 16.0 GB 15.9 GB usable windows 11 pro ver 22H2System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor I have done a repair in place upgrade after doing a reset of the Mail/calendar app to...
  6. Calendar app crashing when I try to open it from the Mail/

Calendar app crashing when I try to open it from the Mail/: ACER TC-866 DESKTOPProcessor IntelR CoreTM i5-9400 CPU @ 2.90GHz 2.90 GHz Installed RAM 16.0 GB 15.9 GB usable windows 11 pro ver 22H2System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor I have done a repair in place upgrade after doing a reset of the Mail/calendar app to...
  7. restore the windows defender system try icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    restore the windows defender system try icon: hi!after tried many antivirus i decided to stay with defender, but the windows defender system tray icon seems disappeared. I have windows 10 pro 21h1, tried to run SecurityHealthSystray.exe but work untill the next reboot after that the icon is a ghost. tried also with...
  8. restore the windows defender system try icon

restore the windows defender system try icon: hi!after tried many antivirus i decided to stay with defender, but the windows defender system tray icon seems disappeared. I have windows 10 pro 21h1, tried to run SecurityHealthSystray.exe but work untill the next reboot after that the icon is a ghost. tried also with...
  9. restore the windows defender system try icon

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Does Cash app help to activate Cash Card?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does Cash app help to activate Cash Card?: You can activate Cash Card in two ways, either with QR code or without QR code. But, if you use to activate Cash Card without QR code then you have to fill the details manually. So, click on the Activate Cash card and then tap on Missing QR code. After all, follow on-screen...