Windows 10: Help: Windows gets messed up after image restore

Discus and support Help: Windows gets messed up after image restore in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; After a botched software installation i used Acronis True Image to restore my PC using an earlier image. The restoration works well and the PC is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Damun, Apr 20, 2020.

1. Damun Win User

Help: Windows gets messed up after image restore

After a botched software installation i used Acronis True Image to restore my PC using an earlier image.
    The restoration works well and the PC is correctly restored to that image and everything works well. All software that was installed before image was made works without any problems. As soon as i connect my pc to the internet weird things happen: the image is a couple of months old and windows update starts downloading updates, but eventually fails. In the meantime ms office is removed from the pc by Itself. Eventually the pc hangs. After forced restart blue screen appears (not BSOD) telling me that error has occurred and i need to repair windows.
    I assumed that windows sync is causing problems so i deleted sync settings from the cloud. But that did not solve anything.
    It must some MS-account thing that causes office and windows to become deactivated/uninstalled.

Does anyone have an idea as to what may be going on?

:)

Damun, Apr 20, 2020
  2. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Help: Windows gets messed up after image restore [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Apr 20, 2020
  3. Help, cant create windows image

Hello there, @fullinfusion!

It seems like some sort of an OS confusion has happened with your secondary WD Black and I'm sorry to hear about that. *Frown Help: Windows gets messed up after image restore :(
    Maybe re-formatting it would help indeed as the community already mentioned. I'd suggest to take a look at this step-by-step how to partition and format an HDD: http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=PYCoid
    Keep in mind that this will wipe clean the drive, so you should backup all important data from the drive somewhere else.
    I noticed from the screenshots that your HDD appears as Disk 0, this means that it's plugged in the primary SATA port where the SSD (as an OS drive) should be. Actually it is possible that because of this Windows cannot create the image there. Swap the ports of the SSD and the HDD, this might help as well.

Keep me posted. Hope this helped! *Smile Help: Windows gets messed up after image restore :)
    SuperSoph_WD

SuperSoph_WD, Apr 20, 2020
  4. Help: Windows gets messed up after image restore

[HELP]Image recovery issues

Guys i am trying to fix my cousins Asus Eee netbook. It has a backup image file that is partitioned on the hard drive but when I go to use it the app will run through a few steps and stop. It is running Vista . Any suggestions?

Rapidfire48, Apr 20, 2020
Thema:

Help: Windows gets messed up after image restore

1. Help: Windows gets messed up after image restore - Similar Threads - Help gets messed

2. I have messed up my windows and need help restoring it to how it was windows restore...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have messed up my windows and need help restoring it to how it was windows restore...: What I did:I went in to C:\Users right clicked and hit the "hidden box" as shown in screen shot. after this it does something for lots of folders and takes 1-2 minutes to do so.my problem now is if i run any program it simply does not start, for example browser just will not...
  3. I have messed up my windows and need help restoring it to how it was windows restore...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have messed up my windows and need help restoring it to how it was windows restore...: What I did:I went in to C:\Users right clicked and hit the "hidden box" as shown in screen shot. after this it does something for lots of folders and takes 1-2 minutes to do so.my problem now is if i run any program it simply does not start, for example browser just will not...
  4. system messed up restoring it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    system messed up restoring it.: I restored my system with a restore point, after which I had to reinstall everything, I use a program called Daz Studio, I have paid a lot of money for add ons for it, in fact hundreds.I can no longer install these items all I get is the following message and a complete run...
  5. system messed up restoring it.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    system messed up restoring it.: I restored my system with a restore point, after which I had to reinstall everything, I use a program called Daz Studio, I have paid a lot of money for add ons for it, in fact hundreds.I can no longer install these items all I get is the following message and a complete run...
  6. system messed up restoring it.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Image icons in folders messed up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Image icons in folders messed up: Hi, I've been having this problem lately. It doesn't always happen but is getting more frequent. Rebooting fixes it temporarily. I have Win version 20H2. How do I fix this? I have this and most folders set to "Large Icons" in the "View" setting. When it isn't working right,...
  8. [help] Restoring a system image

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [help] Restoring a system image: I tried looking on the internet for an answer, but didn't find any. Can I restore a PC running windows 10 pro using a system image that was created from windows 10 home? submitted by /u/stabberofficial [link] [comments]...
  9. Messed up system after macrium restore

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Messed up system after macrium restore: I restored a macrium image but system is not what it shoud be, I have the "restore" partition (win 8.1) mapped as "D" drive and what used to be "D" drive is now "F". Any Idea? is it possible to fix this? Thanks! [img] 117955
  10. Desktop icon images are messing up

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop icon images are messing up: Having this issue you can see in the pic with my icons. I have removed them and added them back but they just add back like that again and not as the should be. Didn't have an issue until a few days ago and it just started out of the blue. First with the 2 icons on the left...