Windows 10: HELP! Windows just became self-destructive!

Discus and support HELP! Windows just became self-destructive! in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi all, Today was a really, really bad day. I am a music producer, and today I decided to finally render my latest project as I have the mastering... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/vaballero, Sep 25, 2020.

1. HELP! Windows just became self-destructive!

Hi all,

Today was a really, really bad day.

I am a music producer, and today I decided to finally render my latest project as I have the mastering appointment with my engineer tomorrow morning.

Earlier today I got the message that my C drive was getting full. There was only about 500mb left. I kind of dismissed the whole thing, thinking I would get to it later.

So I started exporting my project (which had 120 hours of work into it) without giving the low disk space thing much thought. To those who don't now: WAV files are very large files. One file can be around 1gb, and if you export all of your 50 mixer tracks (which I did), well... You do the math.

So then this happened: halfway exporting the project my music production program completely crashed. Which makes sense; there was not enough disk space for the exported files. But when I tried to reopen the project I was working on, horror struck. The file was suddenly corrupted, and if I tried to open any of the automatic backups, they all had a LOT of missing elements, which made the whole project useless!!

Also: when I try to open any audio file on my PC now, it now gives an error: File system error (12007). And there is nothing wrong with the files themselves; if I put them on a flash drive and listen to them on another laptop, there are no issues.

Then when I went and took a look at the disk space on the C drive, there suddenly was 23gb of free disk space available, instead of 500mb! This is when I started to get really really scared. It seems as if, in a state of panic while exporting my project, my PC just decided to delete a bunch of essential (system) files! This seems to be a really really really stupid way of dealing with such a situation; Windows should've given a warning that there would not be enough disk space. What seems to have happened is utterly ridiculous.

My question being: is there a way to 'repair' my broken PC? Is there a way to recover all files that have been lost? Is there a dark secret corner on my C drive that stores deleted files that are not directly accessible? Any help would be REALLY appreciated, as I'm depressed I possibly lost so much work I poured my heart and soul into...

Thanks in advance wonderful people of Reddit.

submitted by /u/vaballero
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/vaballero, Sep 25, 2020

2. Windows in Self-Destruct mode

Hi

I have a Sony laptop, which I upgraded to Windows 10 last November which is now in self-destruct mode. I mean that every (software) component of my laptop is getting damaged. Firstly, the Wi-Fi component stopped working. Then I was unable to install software
    stating that some .dll files are missing (majority of them showed PSAPI.DLL). After then some software already installed (like Google Chrome, VLC Media Player, etc.) stopped opening. When connecting my phone through USB, I can't access the phone's file system
    (same thing happened when connecting my camera, it is not responding).

Please help me how can I get back my PC in original state. Please note that I have tried refreshing and resetting the PC, it doesn't work.

AriijitBardhan, Sep 25, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Sep 25, 2020
  4. yogurt_21 Win User

HELP! Windows just became self-destructive!

RunCore Launches InVincible SSD with Physical Self-Destruction

shouldn't it be vincible? I mean you can't have an invincible ssd self destruct.

yogurt_21, Sep 25, 2020
Thema:

HELP! Windows just became self-destructive!

1. HELP! Windows just became self-destructive! - Similar Threads - HELP became self

2. Why do they suspend us just for defending are selfs?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do they suspend us just for defending are selfs?: Question why do they suspend us just for defending myself* Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-they-suspend-us-just-for-defending-are/6c48716b-604d-451d-bf7e-150e4423c208
  3. Is microsoft windows 11 suppose to self destruct when you sign in with a microsoft account...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is microsoft windows 11 suppose to self destruct when you sign in with a microsoft account...: Recently I bought a new asus vivobook laptop in person, when I got it it was in the box and everything the seller said not to log in to anything because the system was pirated. Out of curiosity I used my microsoft account to log in to the system and the system I guess self...
  4. Is microsoft windows 11 suppose to self destruct when you sign in with a microsoft account...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is microsoft windows 11 suppose to self destruct when you sign in with a microsoft account...: Recently I bought a new asus vivobook laptop in person, when I got it it was in the box and everything the seller said not to log in to anything because the system was pirated. Out of curiosity I used my microsoft account to log in to the system and the system I guess self...
  5. Why is Microsoft Update invasive and destructive?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why is Microsoft Update invasive and destructive?: WTF???Why does Microsoft feel they have the right to force my computer to shutdown and update itself without getting an acceptance prompt from me, the owner and user of the computer? I had work in progress and left it overnight. The next day I found that your invasive...
  6. importing images just became difficult

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    importing images just became difficult: I am not sure how my system changed but today I inserted an SD card with photos on it. What typically use to happen is I was prompted to import images from the card through Photos. Typically a unique folder was created to reflect individual dates. This worked very well. I...
  7. Microsoft Windows update system destruction?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Windows update system destruction?: Hello there everyone. Am I doing something wrong? Why is it that "EVERY SINGLE TIME" my system updates, windows apps, windows store and windows features will stop working/break? The software I develop keeps working, every single 3rd party application keeps working....
  8. Room booking just became easier in Outlook on the web

in Windows 10 News
    Room booking just became easier in Outlook on the web: How often have you tried to find rooms that are available for your meeting's time, your recurring series, have the capacity and resources you need, and are close to you? Probably enough to acknowledge it can be a bit time consuming, especially if you are creating a recurring...
  9. Windows became inactivated and troubleshoot not helping

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows became inactivated and troubleshoot not helping: Today for some reason the watermark about my windows 10 pro machine popped up saying my copy wasn't activated. Of course I ran the troubleshooter and it says my digital license is for windows 10 pro N and not windows 10 pro. This is weird because on the...
  10. Disabling the Windows 10 Auto-destruct feature?

in Windows 10 Support
    Disabling the Windows 10 Auto-destruct feature?: I've been on Windows 10 for nearly two weeks. I turned my back on it this morning, and when I returned in an hour it had done something which: Restored Windows setting almost to a clean install state (some video settings survived) Regresses an update to Google Chrome from...