Windows 10: [Help] Windows on external HDD

Discus and support [Help] Windows on external HDD in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Snorpii [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ftk7ko/help_windows_on_external_hdd/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Snorpii, Apr 2, 2020.

1. [Help] Windows on external HDD

/u/Snorpii, Apr 2, 2020
  2. dermy Win User

External HDDs

Hi i had a seagate freeagent (external) which stopped working so i bought another enclosure and the hdd kept disconnecting/reconnecting in windows 8.1, so i boht another enclosure and also the same thing. Iv tried a different hdd and all hdds work perfectly when plugged directly into sata ports on the board, are there any other steps i can try or do you think iv just been unlucky with enclosures?

dermy, Apr 2, 2020
  3. external HDD

Hi,

Usually, this problem occur due to software incompatibility or corrupted USB drivers. For us to better assist you, we would like to clarify the following:

• Have you made any recent changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Which driver did you uninstall? Have you reinstall the driver? If yes, how did you reinstall the driver?
    • Have you check if the external HDD is visible in Device Manager?

If the issue still persists after uninstalling some games, we suggest that you run the troubleshooter for hardware and devices. If you're using the latest Windows 10 version, follow these steps on how to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Click the Start button and select the Settings
      icon.
    • Choose Update & Security from the list.
    • Click Troubleshoot in the left pane of the window.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, select Hardware and Devices and click
      Run the troubleshooter.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Gerard Qui, Apr 2, 2020
  4. [Help] Windows on external HDD

How to install Windows 10 on external HDD

Hello,

I have an external HDD. I want to install Windows 10 Enterprise which I have purchased recently.

Please guide me, if possible step by step on how to install Windows 10 on external HDD.

Thanks,

Siddarth Hegde

SidTheGooner, Apr 2, 2020
Thema:

[Help] Windows on external HDD

1. [Help] Windows on external HDD - Similar Threads - Help external HDD

2. Cannot open an External HDD , Please help .

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot open an External HDD , Please help .: I connected an old external HDD to my PC via a USB cable and i cant open the files inside it anymore. It was working until yesterday . Is there a way to fix that HDD by running some applications ? I have used an application before but i cannot remember the name now .It was in...
  3. Cannot open an External HDD , Please help .

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot open an External HDD , Please help .: I connected an old external HDD to my PC via a USB cable and i cant open the files inside it anymore. It was working until yesterday . Is there a way to fix that HDD by running some applications ? I have used an application before but i cannot remember the name now .It was in...
  4. External HDD not detected in Windows

External HDD not detected in Windows: In Windows DiskPart say "Status: Invalid". How to fix it without data loss? The same external HDD works fine in Ubuntu but not detected in Windows. I had this HDD in computer and put it out of my computer because i have now only SSD's in computer. 182450
  5. External HDD not detected in Windows

in Windows 10 Support
    External HDD not detected in Windows: In Windows DiskPart say "Status: Invalid". How to fix it without data loss? The same external HDD works fine in Ubuntu but not detected in Windows. I had this HDD in computer and put it out of my computer because i have now only SSD's in computer. 182450
  6. external hdd

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    external hdd: Heyo guys! i want to switch from linux to windows but i have 1 little question about my external hard drive. Will it just work fine on windows or do i need to format it first? thanks in advance! submitted by /u/gekkemat [link] [comments]...
  7. External HDD

External HDD: What would happen to the Windows 10 installation on my SSD if I connected an external HDD with Linux installed on it, whilst using Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-hdd/54e8dff5-f3f2-4f6d-8365-d6c9969434cb
  8. External HDD

External HDD: Hello, I recently used the Media Creation tool to reinstall windows on my system, and the drive was set to 31.9GB instead of the original size 1TB. I fixed that issue, by extending the volume. anyway, if I format it, it doesn't show up in This PC. so I had to create a...
  9. External HDD

External HDD: I have an older Seagate 1 TB external HDD, but my new Lenovo laptop with Windows 10 won't let me open it. It shows up under my computer, but doesn't allow me access; it reads "You don't currently have permission to access this folder". When I click on "continue", it prompts...
  10. Help required, enabling an external USB HDD.

Help required, enabling an external USB HDD.: Hello, My wife is currently using build 10130, and is trying to use her SATA HDD (which was her 2nd HDD) externally, with a SATA to USB adapter. However, on plugging the HDD in, all that shows as new in Devices and Printers is the following "USB to ATA/ATAPI Bridge". The...