Windows 10: [Help] Windows photo viewer can't display this picture because there might not be enough...

Discus and support [Help] Windows photo viewer can't display this picture because there might not be enough... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; It's a (almost) brand new top end machine. It has about 95% empty hard drive and 32 gig of RAM which is nigh untouched - suffice to say that this error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/aata1000, Feb 21, 2020.

1. [Help] Windows photo viewer can't display this picture because there might not be enough...

It's a (almost) brand new top end machine. It has about 95% empty hard drive and 32 gig of RAM which is nigh untouched - suffice to say that this error is wrong.

But how to fix it?

Tonnes of people have had this problem dating back over 10 years and somehow there is no coherent or working solution that I could find anywhere across Google or Reddit alike.

Following the "default" instruction to go into colour management etc etc does nothing. Aside from that there really wasn't much else out there aside from websites spruiking dodgy "optimisation" software which I won't touch.

It opens with other viewers. I can manipulate it with Paint, but even after changing ratios or formats it still won't display in WPV.

Other pics still work just fine, it is only this one pic (so far...).

Malwarebytes and Kaspersky confirm the machine is clean. Turning off and on again does nothing.

Finally it's not even big. I have images that are tens of thousands of pixels and WPV handles them fine. This is like 1000x1000.

Any help? Cheers.

submitted by /u/aata1000
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/aata1000, Feb 21, 2020

2. Picture formats Windows Photo viewer will display in Windows 10.

Hello James,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We will assist you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Do you mean Photo app?

• Are you not able to open a picture format type in the Photo app?

Photo app supports all picture format types to display on the screen. It will not open the photos whose picture format is not set to open in Photo app viewer. Set the Photo app viewer as the default picture viewer to the open pictures in that particular
    app.

To set Photo app as the default photo viewer, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type Settings and select the top most search result.

• Click on System option from the window and select
      Default apps from the left side panel of the screen.

• Under Choose Default apps, click on
      Photo viewer option and choseWindows
      Photo app.

• Close the window and check if the changes are effective.

You can also set different photo viewer applications for different picture formats by following the steps below:

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type Settings
      and select the top most search result.

• Click on System option from the window and select
      Default apps from the left side panel of the screen.

• Scroll down the page and click on Choose default apps by file type.

• Click on the file type from the window and select an application to make it as default from
      Choose an App window.

• Close the window and check if you are able to open different file formats in the set defaults viewer applications.

Write back to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Feb 21, 2020
  3. Unable to open pictures in Windows Photo Viewer on Windows 10.

Hello Jeff,

Thank you for keeping us updated on the query. We apologize for the delay in response.

Please reply:

• Do you have Windows Photo Viewer files on your PC?
    • Did you check if Windows Photo Viewer is present as a Default application to view photos on your PC?

I suggest you to check if Windows Photo Viewer option is present as a default application to view photos by following steps below:

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type Default programs and select the top most search result.
    • Click on the default set photo viewer application under Photo viewer and check if
      Windows Photo Viewer is present under Choose an app window.
    • If yes, click on Windows Photo Viewer, close the window and check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the status of the issue for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Feb 21, 2020
  4. BruceHAZ Win User

[Help] Windows photo viewer can't display this picture because there might not be enough...

Restore Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 10  

It is great to know that Picture Viewer can be accessed with Wndows 10. I do have a couple of questions.

First .......

The tutorial for All User Accounts lists two choices, one is to restore Windows Photo Viewer without the sort fix (#2) and the other is to restore Windows Photo Viewer with the sort option fix (#3). Of these two, which one duplicates the behavior of Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 8 (and I assume Windows 7)?

Second .....

The tutorial comments for restoring Windows Picture View with the sort fix (#3) says "This option does cause Windows Photo Viewer to be listed twice in Open with -> Choose an app". How does this relate to post number 66 in this thread by PowerDrome saying there are two entries for Windows Power Viewer in the list for optional apps and then Brink provides a file fix in post #67 and then says the tutorial has been updated to include the fix.

Does the restore with the sort fix (#3) now display only one choice in the optioal apps list or is this a different issue than what is described in post 66?

Thanks.

BruceHAZ, Feb 21, 2020
Thema:

[Help] Windows photo viewer can't display this picture because there might not be enough...

1. [Help] Windows photo viewer can't display this picture because there might not be enough... - Similar Threads - Help photo viewer

2. Windows photo viewer can't display pictures because there's not enough memory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows photo viewer can't display pictures because there's not enough memory: Message Windows photo viewer can't display this photo because there might not be enough memory. Close some programs that you aren't using or free some hard disk space. I've already done a clean out and still not working....
  3. Windows photo viewer can't display pictures because there's not enough memory

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows photo viewer can't display pictures because there's not enough memory: Message Windows photo viewer can't display this photo because there might not be enough memory. Close some programs that you aren't using or free some hard disk space. I've already done a clean out and still not working....
  4. Windows Photo Viewer can't display this picture

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Photo Viewer can't display this picture: lMy new laptop has 8GB RAM, an 11th gen Core i5 CPU, and nothing else is running other than File Explorer. However, if I open another picture in the same folder, enable Slide Show, this file will display without issue. Other image viewing apps [Photos - which I cannot STAND],...
  5. Windows Photo Viewer can't display this picture

Windows Photo Viewer can't display this picture: lMy new laptop has 8GB RAM, an 11th gen Core i5 CPU, and nothing else is running other than File Explorer. However, if I open another picture in the same folder, enable Slide Show, this file will display without issue. Other image viewing apps [Photos - which I cannot STAND],...
  6. Windows photo viewer can't display this picture because there might not be enough memory...

Windows photo viewer can't display this picture because there might not be enough memory...: I took a screenshot on my phone that I need to print off, and unfortunately android dosent do a great job with shrinking images to fit on a single page, and usualy ends up cutting stuff off.So I put it on my network drive and then copied it to my PC, and now I keep getting...
  7. Windows photo viewer can't display this picture because there might not be enough memory...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows photo viewer can't display this picture because there might not be enough memory...: I took a screenshot on my phone that I need to print off, and unfortunately android dosent do a great job with shrinking images to fit on a single page, and usualy ends up cutting stuff off.So I put it on my network drive and then copied it to my PC, and now I keep getting...
  8. Windows photo viewer can't display this picture because there might not be enough memory...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows photo viewer can't display this picture because there might not be enough memory...: While attempting to open some .jpg files on my laptop or PC I keep getting the error message "windows photo viewer can't display this picture because there might not be enough memory available on your computer". I have plenty of memory left, and have tried the "Screen...
  9. Message: windows photo viewer can't display this picture because there might not be enough...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Message: windows photo viewer can't display this picture because there might not be enough...: While attempting to open some .jpg files on my laptop I keep getting the error message "windows photo viewer can't display this picture because there might not be enough memory available on your computer". I have plenty of memory left, and have tried the "Screen resolution"...
  10. Windows photo viewer can't display this picture because there might not be enough memory...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows photo viewer can't display this picture because there might not be enough memory...: I'm having this issue and the standard "fix" that I find everywhere does not work. https://www.majorgeeks.com/content/page/windows_photo_viewer_can%e2%80%99t_display_this_picture.html (THIS DOESN'T WORK) I'm getting extremely frustrated by this. How is it possible that...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to fix windows photo viewer cant display this picture error in windows 8