Windows 10: HELP! Windows randomly locks-up/freezes

Discus and support HELP! Windows randomly locks-up/freezes in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; It happens randomly and everything becomes unresponsive. I can still move the mouse but nothing else works can't click on anything. I have the lastest... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/BleedingFish, Oct 19, 2020.

1. HELP! Windows randomly locks-up/freezes

It happens randomly and everything becomes unresponsive. I can still move the mouse but nothing else works can't click on anything. I have the lastest windows update recently updated to 2004 version. I have the lastest GPU driver just checked. What could be causing this and or does anyone else have this problem recently. The PC is not even a year old

Specs

Motherboard

MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX Bundkort - AMD B450 - AMD AM

RAM

G.Skill TridentZ Neo DDR4-3600 C16 DC - 16GB

Memory

A-Data XPG GAMMIX S11 Pro M.2 SSD - 1TB and 1TB Samsung SSD dont remember name sorry

Power

Corsair RM750i Strømforsyning - 750 Watt - 135 mm

Processor

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 8-Core Processor

Video Card

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER

submitted by /u/BleedingFish
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/BleedingFish, Oct 19, 2020

2. Windows 10 freezes randomly

I had already tried turning off fast startup, to no avail.
    Will look at the list you provided, thanks. Hard to do when computer freezes on the Windows loading screen though. *Biggrin
    I had tried that as well... no result.

Mountain Dew, Oct 19, 2020
  3. Windows 10 freezes randomly

Turning off fast startup helped with this issue for another user on a different forum. For newbies, see steps Windows 10 Freezes Randomly.

kamilanwar, Oct 19, 2020
  4. HELP! Windows randomly locks-up/freezes

Windows 10 freezes randomly

Hi,

To better assist you regarding Windows 10 which freezes randomly, please provide the following:

• Which is the last Windows update build you've applied to the computer?
    • Are there any third party applications that are currently installed?
    Furthermore, we suggest that you do a BIOS update to your computer. Here are the steps:

• Check the motherboard manufacturer's website to find the specific model of your motherboard.
    • Go to the computer manufacturer's website.
    • Look for the computer model that you're using.
    • You should find any available BIOS update.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Oct 19, 2020
Thema:

HELP! Windows randomly locks-up/freezes

1. HELP! Windows randomly locks-up/freezes - Similar Threads - HELP randomly locks

2. Windows kinda locks up randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows kinda locks up randomly: Hello, Since a few days my OS keeps freezing at random points. I can still use the mouse and do some things, but I can't access the Taskbar. Windows key doesn't work, but alt+tab does. Task manager does show up after some time, but I can't interact with it until it crashes...
  3. Windows 10 randomly locks up

Windows 10 randomly locks up: Hi, I have a Windows 10 problem. My PC is randomly locking up. Sometimes while using and sometimes while I am away. I have to power cycle to get it back. There are no responses to the mouse or keyboard. I have been trying to troubleshoot this issue, and only have the...
  4. Windows randomly freezing and locking up

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows randomly freezing and locking up: Hi, Recently my windows has started to randomly freeze and lock up. My browser will no longer be able to access the internet or search anything, file explorer will stop responding and any active applications open will also stop responding. I am able to access the start menu...
  5. computer freezing and locking up

in Windows 10 Customization
    computer freezing and locking up: Hi My pc randomly locks up screen, mouse and all I had to reboot it 4 times this morning, I ran the troubleshooter on it diagnostic says all is ok with power, couldn't find hardware or software diagnostic tool to run trouble shooter on,, did a windows 10 update , all drivers...
  6. windows 10 locking up randomly

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    windows 10 locking up randomly: soo everytime i run my laptop after a serveal minuites the windows turn in sleep mode surprisingly and also this happens randomly and i don't know why and i literally didn't have any solution for this problem but i don't know exactly if the laptop sleeps or locks up cause...
  7. Windows 10 randomly locks up

Windows 10 randomly locks up: Hi, I have a Windows 10 problem. My PC is randomly locking up. Sometimes while using and sometimes while I am away. I have to power cycle to get it back. There is no responses to mouse or keyboard. I have been trying to troubleshoot this issue, and only have the event...
  8. Random Freezing/Lock-up

Random Freezing/Lock-up: Hello. First time post, but I've run out of options that aren't wiping my computer and fresh installing. A few days ago, I finally upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10, and I'm mostly glad I did, but since then, I've been experiencing random freezes in which both screen and...
  9. PC Randomly locks up and freezes

PC Randomly locks up and freezes: Hey guys, first off I hope you all had a great Xmas and New Year... So since the update for windows that's recently dropped, I keep having random crashes, well more of a freeze, I can still see everything on the screen but nothing will respond I have to power my system...
  10. Random Freeze / Lock Up then reboots itself.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Random Freeze / Lock Up then reboots itself.: Just got a new laptop from Xtoic PC, The Model is a MSI GT72S Dominator Pro G-219, I received a defective adapter , it died in 1 day of use, so I had to purchase new one from AMAZON the brand of the adapter was HP and has the same watts and amps, I used it on the laptop,...