Windows 10: HELP - Windows suddenly deleted one partition on my external HDD

Discus and support HELP - Windows suddenly deleted one partition on my external HDD in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello.How can I restore files from an unrecognized partition?Windows suddenly deleted one partition on my external HDD. Now I can see it's full but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by MD2709, Oct 24, 2021.

1. MD2709 Win User

HELP - Windows suddenly deleted one partition on my external HDD

Hello.How can I restore files from an unrecognized partition?Windows suddenly deleted one partition on my external HDD. Now I can see it's full but without any file system. Windows suggest me to format it, but I didn't. Instead, I tried everything. Last thing was Partition / Data Recovery - MiniTool. It took two days to scan and it only found some corrupted RAW data.I'm desperate. I have 800 GB of files, very important, some of them are with me for 10+ years.Now it's all gone! :Is there any way to recover it, please?Thanks

:)

MD2709, Oct 24, 2021

2. URGENT HELP NEEDED! HDD suddenly became blank!

Hey there, @Shamonto Hasan Easha!

I'd try re-plugging the hard drive and checking if the cable is damaged. I'd also suggest to try plugging the drive in another computer and see if it gets recognized properly there. Is it a IDE or SATA drive you're using?
    If the drive is unallocated, this means that the partition has been lost after the power went down.
    Check out this thread for more ideas on how to solve the issue. There are some detailed steps there that might be useful for you:
    http://superuser.com/questions/5442...n-on-ssd-suddenly-became-unallocated-disk-spa

Hope this helped.
    SuperSoph_WD

SuperSoph_WD, Oct 24, 2021
  3. Melvis Win User
    How to recover files off a HDD from a deleted partition? help!!!

Thanks for your reply. I used my m8s program and it worked like a dream, recovered all the files and also deleted ones from yrs back, was amazed how well it did. Next step is i will use that Partition Table Doctor to recover the deleted partition. Thanks for the link *Toast :toast:

Melvis, Oct 24, 2021
  4. siddobson Win User

External HDD Partitions

I have an external HDD. It had multiple partitions. I removed partitions with this procedure: Press the "Start" button, type "diskmgmt.msc" and press "Enter." 3. Right-click the existing partition on the external hard drive, select "Delete Volume" and
    choose to remove the partition. I did this to remove all partitions and NOW the computer doesn't recognize the drive in file explorer. What can I do?

siddobson, Oct 24, 2021
Thema:

1. HELP - Windows suddenly deleted one partition on my external HDD - Similar Threads - HELP suddenly deleted

2. Formatting/partitioning an external HDD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Formatting/partitioning an external HDD: HiI have a USB 3TByte HDD that is somewhat older. DIsk Management 'Datenträgerverwaltung displays it as two different drives #7 and 8. I wonder how to merge these into one single drive. I tried everthing using Disk Management, but I get an error message, see screenshots....
  3. Formatting/partitioning an external HDD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Formatting/partitioning an external HDD: HiI have a USB 3TByte HDD that is somewhat older. DIsk Management 'Datenträgerverwaltung displays it as two different drives #7 and 8. I wonder how to merge these into one single drive. I tried everthing using Disk Management, but I get an error message, see screenshots....
  4. Formatting/partitioning an external HDD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. HELP - Windows suddenly deleted one partition on my external HDD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HELP - Windows suddenly deleted one partition on my external HDD: Hello.How can I restore files from an unrecognized partition?Windows suddenly deleted one partition on my external HDD. Now I can see it's full but without any file system. Windows suggest me to format it, but I didn't. Instead, I tried everything. Last thing was Partition /...
  6. HELP - Windows suddenly deleted one partition on my external HDD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    HELP - Windows suddenly deleted one partition on my external HDD: Hello.How can I restore files from an unrecognized partition?Windows suddenly deleted one partition on my external HDD. Now I can see it's full but without any file system. Windows suggest me to format it, but I didn't. Instead, I tried everything. Last thing was Partition /...
  7. [Help] Windows on external HDD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [Help] Windows on external HDD: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Snorpii [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ftk7ko/help_windows_on_external_hdd/
  8. Delete Windows Partition on Second HDD?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Delete Windows Partition on Second HDD?: HI so recently I changed my HDD for a SSD for my ASUS ROG laptop and now I'm using my HDD as for space for my games. Thing is that I want to delete the old windows partition on the HDD so I can have more room. What do I do? 138062
  9. Delete Windows Partition on Second HDD?

in Windows 10 Support
    Delete Windows Partition on Second HDD?: HI so recently I changed my HDD for a SSD for my ASUS ROG laptop and now I'm using my HDD as for space for my games. Thing is that I want to delete the old windows partition on the HDD so I can have more room. What do I do? 138062
  10. Delete OS Partition on HDD

in Windows 10 Support
    Delete OS Partition on HDD: Hi so tomorrow I'm going to change my OS from an HDD to an SSD. Thing is that I want to use my HDD that I'm replacing as back up storage and I heard you can keep your info from the old HDD without having to format it, but you can delete the OS partition of the drive. Anyone...