Windows 10: Help windows update not working !!!

Discus and support Help windows update not working !!! in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] This is everything it shows.It stops here.And nothing even after half an hour.What should i do ? submitted by /u/Blu3Wolf17 [link]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Blu3Wolf17, Oct 17, 2020.

1. Help windows update not working !!!

/u/Blu3Wolf17, Oct 17, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Oct 17, 2020
  3. chispy Win User
    Creative X-Fi Soundcards and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 = Complete Disaster / Not Working

Thank you for trying to help , i did tried your suggestion but it did not work :/ , nothing seems to make it work on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709. In the meantime i have bought a new SoundBlasterX AE-5 and it did installed flawlessly , no problems whatsoever. it is up to Creative ( drivers ) and Microsoft ( bug fix ) to fix this huge bugs with Audio.

Kind Regards: Chispy

chispy, Oct 17, 2020
  4. AsRock Win User

Help windows update not working !!!

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Oct 17, 2020
Thema:

Help windows update not working !!!

1. Help windows update not working !!! - Similar Threads - Help update working

2. windows security updates not working, please help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows security updates not working, please help: There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: 0x80070643 It is showing engine unavailable under virus and threat protection updatesI have tried dism...
  3. windows security updates not working, please help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows security updates not working, please help: There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: 0x80070643 It is showing engine unavailable under virus and threat protection updatesI have tried dism...
  4. windows security updates not working, please help

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Laptop not working after latest windows update pls help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop not working after latest windows update pls help: Yesterday I updated my windows 10 laptop and today's it's showing pxe rom no boot device found I got into bios and saw that boot sequence was changed into legacy I changed it into uefi and secure boot then it showed that your hardisk is not working...
  6. Keyboard stop working after windows update. Help?

Keyboard stop working after windows update. Help?: Hi.Ive just finished updating my laptop. And the keyboard and the trackpad stop working. Ive tried the update driver stuff and its still not working. Touch still works.. Please anyone help....
  7. HELP! Losing work update 1903

HELP! Losing work update 1903: Hello All I'm desperate for help. I've posted about this before, but I'm still at a loss. My Win 10 Pro computer keeps trying to install update 1903, which simply will not install. I checked Windows Update, and my Thinkpad W530 has tried and failed to install this...
  8. Windows Update Medic Service NOT WORKING. HELP!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Update Medic Service NOT WORKING. HELP!: Hi, I've been trying to update my computer for so long and I havent been able to. At first I wanted to download from the Microsoft Store an NVIDIA software. And I couldnt. Weeks pass by and I want to redownload Sea of Thieves. I still cant. I started wondering what was wrong....
  9. Battery not working after windows 10 update ,please help

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Battery not working after windows 10 update ,please help: Hello, using hp laptop. Recently updated to Windows 10 and after update, my battery is not working. It's connected but not charging and power port is always blinking white. I have research on google and used some suggestion .1. remove the battery and uninstalled its driver...
  10. windows 10 update not working for me? please help

windows 10 update not working for me? please help: I'm trying to update to Windows 10 Version 1803 for x64-based Systems (KB4230204) but its says I have another version running, the first one I did failed and says its at 50% how do I delete it or get it to complete? very confused...