Windows 10: Help! Windows won't start & I don't have a password to do a system restore

Discus and support Help! Windows won't start & I don't have a password to do a system restore in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi there, I need help! My computer won't boot up. It starts, shows the HP logos etc., but then screen goes dark. I ran the diagnostics using Esc-F2... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Alison Keller, Oct 14, 2020.

1. Help! Windows won't start & I don't have a password to do a system restore

Hi there,

I need help! My computer won't boot up. It starts, shows the HP logos etc., but then screen goes dark. I ran the diagnostics using Esc-F2 options that said the computer is fine. I believe the problem is Windows 10 is not loading and I need to do a System Restore Esc-F11 option.

The new problem is System Restore, Repair etc. all ask for my password. I tried all the ones I could think of to no avail. My password list is ON THE COMPUTER. : I tried logging into Windows on the website, changing my password there, but it doesn't work either.

PLEASE HELP ME DO A SYSTEM RESTORE GIVEN I DON"T HAVE A PASSWORD!!

Thanks in advance for any help!

Alison

:)

Alison Keller, Oct 14, 2020
  2. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

3. Volume Mute Light won´t change color

I can´t find anything that addresses my actual problem.I have seen that others have also experienced this problem but I have not found a solution that works. My ProBook was originally Win 7 pro, updated to Win 10 pro but HP won´t update because of its age (for me, brand new-just bought it a few days ago) so I don´t really know what to do. Sure, just a minor glitch but a very irritating one (that orange is just way too bright!) that should be a snap to fix (or not-I don´t know, I think my 4 year old granddaughter has better computer skills than I do!) English is not the default language so many of the commands must be translated-just another hassel to deal with. I finally found the systemconfig. box. Selective start and discovered that ALL the service boxes are checked. Good, bad, doesn´t make a difference: I just don´t know.

mrsnakeman, Oct 14, 2020
  4. Help! Windows won't start & I don't have a password to do a system restore

Lumia 830 main camera won`t start

After windows 10 update my lumia 830 camera won`t start . It says Camera won`t start . I tried other camera apps but camera still not work . Front camera working plz help me . I did hard reset , soft reset , downgraded to 8.1 but problem still persist

CahangirTahirov, Oct 14, 2020
Thema:

Help! Windows won't start & I don't have a password to do a system restore

1. Help! Windows won't start & I don't have a password to do a system restore - Similar Threads - Help won't start

2. Password with system restore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Password with system restore: I’m trying to use the restore point and everytime I click on the button, it asks which account I’m gonna use, and then the passsword. I first thought it was computer password. But it isn’t. Then I tried my Microsoft account, then Google. But I can’t seem to log in. It’s not...
  3. Password with system restore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Password with system restore: I’m trying to use the restore point and everytime I click on the button, it asks which account I’m gonna use, and then the passsword. I first thought it was computer password. But it isn’t. Then I tried my Microsoft account, then Google. But I can’t seem to log in. It’s not...
  4. my pc won't do system restore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my pc won't do system restore: My pc got a few updates in the last few days and it has rendered the system practically unusable. Startup is extremely slow and pages take forever to load. Even search is ridiculously slow. simple commands take a long time to complete , if at all. I tried system restore and...
  5. my pc won't do system restore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my pc won't do system restore: My pc got a few updates in the last few days and it has rendered the system practically unusable. Startup is extremely slow and pages take forever to load. Even search is ridiculously slow. simple commands take a long time to complete , if at all. I tried system restore and...
  6. W10 won't start - Auto Repair, System Restore etc. don't work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    W10 won't start - Auto Repair, System Restore etc. don't work: This morning I awoke to a blue screen reading "BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO". This was after I had several blue screens during shutdowns, but I was sure after updates these wouldn't lead to anything.. I then spent six hours attempting to self repair it. I used command prompt and...
  7. Windows won't start and I can't reboot or restore system.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows won't start and I can't reboot or restore system.: So yesterday I was using my laptop as usuall, nothing weird and y downloaded PlayStation Now (from Sony's official site), after I installed it an error popped in the screen and it said something like "this can be fixed reinstalling the program" like 10 minutes after that my...
  8. System Restore won't restore

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Restore won't restore: I have a problem that is as insoluble (to me) as it is serious: System Restore seems broken. It exits with this less-than-helpful err msg: An unknown error occurred during system restore. (0x80070091). For completeness I took partial screen shots the whole way during my last...
  9. Windows won't start after system restore.

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Windows won't start after system restore.: I installed latest updates on 1/10/2016 and when next started could not connect to the internet. Diagnostic check said there was a problem with network driver but on checking driver was up to date and working. Why wouldn't it be? Anyway I uninstalled updates and re-booted but...
  10. Won't Start Without A Password; Don't Want A Pass. What To Do Please ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Won't Start Without A Password; Don't Want A Pass. What To Do Please ?: Hello, Brand new W10 user. Or, at least trying to be a user. Every time I start up the PC, it asks for a Password, or an invitation to make a PIN. I just want it to start. I don't want or need a Password. What do I do, please ? Thanks, Bob 30274