Windows 10: Help: Windows10 is Eating All My RAM

Discus and support Help: Windows10 is Eating All My RAM in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey yall, I’ve been having trouble with my computer ever since I installed windows 10 all those years ago when it first came out (made the free switch... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/DmgOT, Apr 7, 2020.

1. /u/DmgOT Win User

Help: Windows10 is Eating All My RAM

Hey yall,

I’ve been having trouble with my computer ever since I installed windows 10 all those years ago when it first came out (made the free switch like most).

I noticed that my RAM (8g)/memory would get completely full and often. It never happened before, not even close. Afterwards I upgraded my RAM size. At the time I had 8g, now I have 16g.

I went through a lot of trouble shooting articles, YouTube videos, etc. I managed to make it to where the ram gets eaten up slower now, but it still happens. When it hits 80%-99% I simply restart my PC and the cycle starts over.

I do use google chrome and I know it uses a lot of RAM, but from what I’ve been reading it’s like the RAM doesn’t get re-used in Windows 10? The programs through it just consume more and more free unused RAM?

Like I said, I never had any problems with my computer before Windows 10. But once I downloaded Windows 10, boom.

I’ve kinda given up on it, it’s been like 4.5yrs now. But I thought I’d ask and see if one of you beautiful human beans ()could help.

P.S..... Unrelated....... Much love to y’all during this pandemic, please stay safe! And If anyone is struggling or needs help during this time, please reach out. I’m a (corporate) specialty health & wellness coach. So if anyone needs help with nutrition, exercise, mental health, sleep, blood pressure, etc., please let me know. I don’t have a brand, I’m NOT trying to sell you junk or services, and I’m not promoting my company or anything like that. I just want to offer my services if you anyone needs the help. Feel free to ask for my credentials if you’d like. You’re not alone out there. We’ve gotta help each other and be there for one another.

-Van

submitted by /u/DmgOT
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/DmgOT, Apr 7, 2020
  2. Alex_703 Win User

Win-10 eating up ram ?...

I know there is a problem with Google chrome eating up all the ram on my Macs.

I think it is doing the same thing on my Win-10 computers.

As soon as I close Google chrome browser my ram usage drops back down to normal.

How can I print out the list of running processes ?

Help: Windows10 is Eating All My RAM 99d8f12b-0586-42ee-b1d5-554b9789c095.jpg

Alex_703, Apr 7, 2020
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Apr 7, 2020
  4. Help: Windows10 is Eating All My RAM

"System and compressed memory" eating my cpu and ram !

Hello everybody

I have Asus G75vx and win10 . I noticed that "System and compressed memory" is eating my cpu and ram. i searched in the forum with the similar subject and some of them suggested to disable hibernation . nut for me is always disable and i never use hibernation.

is there any solution for this disaster problem ?

thank you

MahdiMohammadnezhad, Apr 7, 2020
Thema:

Help: Windows10 is Eating All My RAM

1. Help: Windows10 is Eating All My RAM - Similar Threads - Help Windows10 Eating

2. Hidden process eating all RAM

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hidden process eating all RAM: Hello,for starters i have 10GB of RAM, Windows Defender says there is no Virus + i did an ESET Scan. I tried updating drivers, searching for ways to fix on internet but none of them seemed to have the same problemI have this problem for about 2 days where my PC progressively...
  3. Hidden process eating all RAM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hidden process eating all RAM: Hello,for starters i have 10GB of RAM, Windows Defender says there is no Virus + i did an ESET Scan. I tried updating drivers, searching for ways to fix on internet but none of them seemed to have the same problemI have this problem for about 2 days where my PC progressively...
  4. Hidden process eating all RAM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. What the heck is eating up all my RAM?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What the heck is eating up all my RAM?: Something is eating up a huge portion of my RAM but it doesn't show in the task manager. The system has 32 GB of RAM. https://prnt.sc/10x4ox5 https://prnt.sc/10x4ww8 submitted by /u/AwakenedMemory [link] [comments]...
  6. DWM.EXE EAT HALF OF MY RAM!!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    DWM.EXE EAT HALF OF MY RAM!!: Ok so i just realised this problem since a week. i keep seing my ram ke going up not reason then i check it was the DWM eat up to 3GB for no reason. Can any microsoft team help me with this problem? [ATTACH]...
  7. Help with MemCompression eating RAM (I think?)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help with MemCompression eating RAM (I think?): Hello all, so I was recently running two programs on my computer, one was a server for a separate system, and one was the game Satisfactory (Coffee Stain Studios). Importantly, I built the server program, and am confident it is not causing the problems I'm seeing. Also, I was...
  8. Window10 eating RAM

Window10 eating RAM: Hello World.! seems it's a known issue of system eating extra RAM I'm on windows 10 enterprise version with 8 GB DDR3 Everything is updated. -tried sfc/scanow -Ran windows defender offline test -Disabled the startup impacts - Nothing is running -Installed windows...
  9. What's eating my ram?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    What's eating my ram?: whats eating my 8gb of ram? [ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whats-eating-my-ram/155b9f00-156a-4d4d-bf5e-b4e626986910
  10. Service host eating my RAM

Service host eating my RAM: I'm currently using a Huawei Matebook 13, it has 8 gigs of RAM and it runs pretty well, but I've faced a single, big problem with it. The RAM usually overloads and collapses after some usage time, which makes everything start crashing, making me force restarting my laptop....