Windows 10: Help with 89 year old

Discus and support Help with 89 year old in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; My father-in-law lives with my wife and I. He is always messing with his Windows 10 machine and messing things up. He does things like changing his... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Cavediver22, Jun 19, 2020.

1. Help with 89 year old

My father-in-law lives with my wife and I. He is always messing with his Windows 10 machine and messing things up. He does things like changing his passwords to absurdly long strings that he immediately forgets.

Is there some piece of software I can surreptitiously install on his machine and access remotely to see what he has done to himself?

I realize this seems illegal and underhanded -- he has already been scammed out of $1500 over a phone call and we are expecting more problems.

Any help appreciated.

:)

Cavediver22, Jun 19, 2020

2. help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Jun 19, 2020
  3. JohnC363 Win User
    Web Blocking for an 8 Year Old

Your suggestions have not solved my problem yet. But, I first have a more basic problem.

I went to the suggested site and then set up an account for my 8 year old son and signed him up for an email account as a family member. I received an email welcoming him to the family and he shows up in my family list. I turned on the age appropriate
    restrictions and listed cnn.com to block. when I go to his account, there are no restrictions at all. I can get to cnn.com and I can go to sites about **** for teens. What am I doing wrong? Is thee a setting I am missing?

JohnC363, Jun 19, 2020
  4. Help with 89 year old

Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Jun 19, 2020
Thema:

Help with 89 year old

1. Help with 89 year old - Similar Threads - Help old

2. Please help to access an old SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please help to access an old SSD: Hi,I am hoping someone might be able to help me.I was using my windows 10 desktop PC. On closing down it appeared to take a longer than usual time updating as it did so.The next time i tried to turn it on, it would not boot up, but after several seconds it sounded as though a...
  3. Please help to access an old SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Please help to access an old SSD: Hi,I am hoping someone might be able to help me.I was using my windows 10 desktop PC. On closing down it appeared to take a longer than usual time updating as it did so.The next time i tried to turn it on, it would not boot up, but after several seconds it sounded as though a...
  4. Can't login, password rejected, don't have old phone number, online help runaround, live...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't login, password rejected, don't have old phone number, online help runaround, live...: Hello, we me & spouse cannot login to MS using existing email address. The email address works on our phone. Login rejects what we believed was the password, and similar attempts. To reset the password, it wants to text to an old work cellphone number we no longer have. We've...
  5. Can't login, password rejected, don't have old phone number, online help runaround, live...

Can't login, password rejected, don't have old phone number, online help runaround, live...: Hello, we me & spouse cannot login to MS using existing email address. The email address works on our phone. Login rejects what we believed was the password, and similar attempts. To reset the password, it wants to text to an old work cellphone number we no longer have. We've...
  6. Windows 11 file explorer is crippled, help me get old functions back!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 file explorer is crippled, help me get old functions back!: Hi, I remember windows commander, then various versions of file explorer.The new one in Windows 11 is crippled to say the least and I frigging hate it to no end. Msoft has been dumbing down windows gradually and this has removed utility and functionality that is going to cost...
  7. Windows 11 file explorer is crippled, help me get old functions back!

Windows 11 file explorer is crippled, help me get old functions back!: Hi, I remember windows commander, then various versions of file explorer.The new one in Windows 11 is crippled to say the least and I frigging hate it to no end. Msoft has been dumbing down windows gradually and this has removed utility and functionality that is going to cost...
  8. i can't delete multiple emails,my system is 4yrs old, and it windows 10 please help hp

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i can't delete multiple emails,my system is 4yrs old, and it windows 10 please help hp: i have try to delete multiple emails, enter selection mode, i don't know if this system is old or what, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-delete-multiple-emailsmy-system-is-4yrs-old/b7194a76-4325-4ea7-8290-37971bbe0bef
  9. i can't delete multiple emails,my system is 4yrs old, and it windows 10 please help hp

i can't delete multiple emails,my system is 4yrs old, and it windows 10 please help hp: i have try to delete multiple emails, enter selection mode, i don't know if this system is old or what, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-delete-multiple-emailsmy-system-is-4yrs-old/b7194a76-4325-4ea7-8290-37971bbe0bef
  10. So i have this old computer I found AMD A6 elite if that helps and I've been trying to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    So i have this old computer I found AMD A6 elite if that helps and I've been trying to...: What can I do and is there anything I can do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/so-i-have-this-old-computer-i-found-amd-a6-elite/48f73a7c-ccfb-4616-80fd-7c259f505ae8