Windows 10: Help with 89 year old

Discus and support Help with 89 year old in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; My father-in-law lives with my wife and I. He is always messing with his Windows 10 machine and messing things up. He does things like changing his... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Cavediver22, Jun 19, 2020.

1. Help with 89 year old

My father-in-law lives with my wife and I. He is always messing with his Windows 10 machine and messing things up. He does things like changing his passwords to absurdly long strings that he immediately forgets.

Is there some piece of software I can surreptitiously install on his machine and access remotely to see what he has done to himself?

I realize this seems illegal and underhanded -- he has already been scammed out of $1500 over a phone call and we are expecting more problems.

Any help appreciated.

:)

Cavediver22, Jun 19, 2020

2. help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Jun 19, 2020
  3. JohnC363 Win User
    Web Blocking for an 8 Year Old

Your suggestions have not solved my problem yet. But, I first have a more basic problem.

I went to the suggested site and then set up an account for my 8 year old son and signed him up for an email account as a family member. I received an email welcoming him to the family and he shows up in my family list. I turned on the age appropriate
    restrictions and listed cnn.com to block. when I go to his account, there are no restrictions at all. I can get to cnn.com and I can go to sites about **** for teens. What am I doing wrong? Is thee a setting I am missing?

JohnC363, Jun 19, 2020
  4. Help with 89 year old

Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Jun 19, 2020
Thema:

Help with 89 year old

1. Help with 89 year old - Similar Threads - Help old

2. I need help finding a ODBC driver for an old program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help finding a ODBC driver for an old program: I need help finding the right ODBC driver for an old program I am using https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-help-finding-a-odbc-driver-for-an-old/1a08cdc0-b5dd-4fce-a21e-044e94ac1c45
  3. I need help finding a ODBC driver for an old program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need help finding a ODBC driver for an old program: I need help finding the right ODBC driver for an old program I am using https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-help-finding-a-odbc-driver-for-an-old/1a08cdc0-b5dd-4fce-a21e-044e94ac1c45
  4. I forgot the screen lock password on my laptop I need your help I need to send my old...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I forgot the screen lock password on my laptop I need your help I need to send my old...: I forgot the screen lock password on my laptop I need your help I need to send my old password on my Microsoft account to me My Gmail account *** Email address is removed for privacy *** Please help me...
  5. I forgot the screen lock password on my laptop I need your help I need to send my old...

I forgot the screen lock password on my laptop I need your help I need to send my old...: I forgot the screen lock password on my laptop I need your help I need to send my old password on my Microsoft account to me My Gmail account *** Email address is removed for privacy *** Please help me...
  6. I forgot the screen lock password on my laptop I need your help I need to send my old...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Need help with old version of Windows 10 notepad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help with old version of Windows 10 notepad: I have the notepad exec but when I try to open saved notepad it asks what program to open it, it was working yesterday but not today. I have Windows 11 23H2.I have checked answers to the notepad topic but these are how to get it where as my problem is that it no longer opens,...
  8. Need help with old version of Windows 10 notepad

Need help with old version of Windows 10 notepad: I have the notepad exec but when I try to open saved notepad it asks what program to open it, it was working yesterday but not today. I have Windows 11 23H2.I have checked answers to the notepad topic but these are how to get it where as my problem is that it no longer opens,...
  9. I need help to remove my old number and add a new one without logging in first

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help to remove my old number and add a new one without logging in first: Hi, I cannot log on to my account because its sending the code to the lost number . can you please help me change the number? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-help-to-remove-my-old-number-and-add-a-new/5b55e383-41e2-4dfd-b5fb-43e4589606cd
  10. I need help to remove my old number and add a new one without logging in first

I need help to remove my old number and add a new one without logging in first: Hi, I cannot log on to my account because its sending the code to the lost number . can you please help me change the number? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-help-to-remove-my-old-number-and-add-a-new/5b55e383-41e2-4dfd-b5fb-43e4589606cd