Windows 10: Help with a black screen

Discus and support Help with a black screen in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Around 10 hours ago i shut down my computer from the power button at the back of my desktop. Later on when i opened it i saw a kind of update followed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by YarYarDaiz, Mar 12, 2020.

1. Help with a black screen

Around 10 hours ago i shut down my computer from the power button at the back of my desktop. Later on when i opened it i saw a kind of update followed by a blue rectangle saying to please wait, sorrounded by a grey frame of about 3 cm wide i use windows 10, i pressed ctrl+alt+del and switched users then it worked if i remember well, but none of the apps were working, so i switched users again one or two times, and then it happened. Black screen with only the cursor visible. I followed the steps on the Microsoft help page about this but none of them worked also at solution 3, where it tells you to roll back the driver, the option is grayed out and i can't press it. So i was wondering if anyone can help me with it

TL;DR i have a black screen, please help

:)

YarYarDaiz, Mar 12, 2020

2. Black screen error

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are facing a black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• Can you confirm to us if you are using a laptop or a computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What exactly were you doing when the error occurred?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this? If yes, specify all of the steps that you have done.

As an initial part of troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps given on this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    . This will help you diagnose and rectify most of the known black screen concerns.

We will wait for your response.

Dhavelyn Mer, Mar 12, 2020
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    black screen

Hi Bart,

It is possible that you're experiencing black screen due to corrupted system files. To assist you better, we'd like to gather more information:

• Are you getting any error messages?
    • What happen when you tried to login?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    to troubleshoot black screen errors. You can choose which situation you're experiencing the error and perform the instructions.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Mar 12, 2020
  4. Remon Ont Win User

Help with a black screen

black screen

Hi,

To assist you better regarding your concern, we would like to know more information:

• Did you get any error messages?
    • Have you tried updating the drivers?
    We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps suggested by Sharath Srinivasa on this

link

You can also check the article about troubleshooting black screen problems on the link below.

windows-10-troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Hope this information helps. Please post us back if you need any further assistance.

Remon Ont, Mar 12, 2020
Thema:

Help with a black screen

1. Help with a black screen - Similar Threads - Help black screen

2. Black screen help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen help: I have a Toshiba laptop that is a bit old. It has windows 10. Are there any short cut keys that will get my screen back up and running. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-screen-help/25f59d54-41b0-45cb-8b64-80e3f69dbf02
  3. Black screen help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen help: I have a Toshiba laptop that is a bit old. It has windows 10. Are there any short cut keys that will get my screen back up and running. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-screen-help/25f59d54-41b0-45cb-8b64-80e3f69dbf02
  4. Black screen help

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Black Screen help please

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black Screen help please: Anyone please help me , first i got a blue screen after i go to a certain restore point then after i restart the laptop and log in it became all black with a mouse cursor. I tried to access the task manager but it says reinstall Duser.dllNext is i tried to go to a certain...
  6. Help with black screens

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Help with black screens: Hello, I've been getting black screens with my two month old computer, most often when I'm switching between something like a game and something non-intensive like google chrome. Notably, there is usually a black bar that flickers at the top of my monitor just before the...
  7. Black Screen Cursor HELP

Black Screen Cursor HELP: So i have the black screen of death, ive tried safe mode i cant open task manager or cmd or anything... I know how it happened I wanted to run a exe but required a file to be in the c drive and since my c drive was full so i changed my c to d and my f to c using an...
  8. BLACK SCREEN PLEASE HELP!

BLACK SCREEN PLEASE HELP!: Today i turned on my pc as usual, but i had some troubles...[ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-screen-please-help/7fcdc8a1-13a6-44d6-8bb7-1be326d1d706
  9. Black Screen Help

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black Screen Help: After I upgraded windows 10 after windows loading screen i get a black screen and my loptop restart help please ? i dont have cd or anything else 9435
  10. PLEASE HELP! black screen

in Windows 10 Support
    PLEASE HELP! black screen: Hi, i have been getting a black screen even on safe mode, so basically cant do anything just, The only thing that i can do is run the troubleshoot. Im not sure why this happened, at the beginning i thought it was a problem with my gpu or some drivers, so i went in safe mode...