Windows 10: Help with a second monitor?

Discus and support Help with a second monitor? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, the problem with me is that when I plug in my 2nd monitor, it doesn't work at all, main monitor is connected via displayport and 2nd monitor via... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Colinwe6, Jun 13, 2020.

1. Colinwe6 Win User

Help with a second monitor?

Hello, the problem with me is that when I plug in my 2nd monitor, it doesn't work at all, main monitor is connected via displayport and 2nd monitor via Hdmi, if I plug in both alone, both go normally, so it's not the monitor or the cables. But if both are plugged in, first the operating system starts on the 1st monitor and then it starts to flicker, When I enter the parword, a picture appears on the 2nd monitor and the 1st monitor gets no signal anymore, but in a very bad quality (ca1024x724), normally 4k. Other displays are not recognized either.

:)

Colinwe6, Jun 13, 2020

2. Issues while installing a second monitor in Windows 10

Really? I get a canned answer and nothing else? I posted that I had tried everything that I could find posted online. I did read the post that Andre suggested multiple times prior to posting this request for help. None of it helped.

My computer does not recognize that there is a second monitor is plugged in. The small step of changing the settings so I can put stuff on the second monitor ISN'T the issue. I am not that dumb. in the device manager there is only the single monitor listed
    at one point there was a unknown device listed but my computer did not know if it was a monitor or a printer.

There has to be someone out there that knows how to fix this

Please Help

squareknees, Jun 13, 2020
  3. Second monitor screen resolution problem

Hi,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your second monitor screen resolution, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?

• When did the issue first begin?

• To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you try resetting your monitor settings, and check if the issue still persists. You may refer to your monitor on how to reset it.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Jun 13, 2020
  4. Help with a second monitor?

issue with second monitor

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused. I will be glad to assist you with this.

I would suggest you to download the display driver from the manufacturer's website. If there are no driver for windows 10, download the latest driver and install it in compatibility mode by following the steps below:

After you have downloaded the driver:

a) Right-click on the setup file of the driver and select "Properties".

b) Select "Compatibility" Tab.

c) Place a check mark next to "Run this program in Compatibility mode" and select the

appropriate operating system from the drop down list.

d) Let the driver install and then check the functionality

I would also suggest you to refer to the link below for steps to set up dual monitor in your system.

Connect a second monitor or projector (Applies to windows 10)

You can also refer to the suggestion by Karthik from this link
    for more information.

Hope this helps. Do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to help.

Wungraileng1709, Jun 13, 2020
Thema:

Help with a second monitor?

1. Help with a second monitor? - Similar Threads - Help second monitor

2. Help connecting second monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Help connecting second monitor: Hello, I need help connecting a second monitor to my work laptop running Windows 10. The new monitor is a Dell E2220H and has only a Display Port and VGA output. I've purchased a Display Port to HDMI cable, as my laptop does not have a Display Port outlet. I connected the...
  3. Help connecting second monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help connecting second monitor: Hello, I need help connecting a second monitor to my work laptop running Windows 10. The new monitor is a Dell E2220H and has only a Display Port and VGA output. I've purchased a Display Port to HDMI cable, as my laptop does not have a Display Port outlet. I connected the...
  4. Help connecting second monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Second monitor mic help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second monitor mic help: I'm trying to us my laptop as a second monitor for my PC and put my headphones in the laptop because my PCs sound headphones ports are broken. How can I set it to where sounds and my mic work through the laptop....
  6. Second monitor mic help

Second monitor mic help: I'm trying to us my laptop as a second monitor for my PC and put my headphones in the laptop because my PCs sound headphones ports are broken. How can I set it to where sounds and my mic work through the laptop....
  7. Second monitor help please

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second monitor help please: I can't seem to get the right fit for the second monitor screen. I changed the resolution to a size so the whole program fits but the side is blacked out not useable tried doing screenshot but it won't show what I'm talking about so I'm attaching pics.When I do the...
  8. Second monitor help please

Second monitor help please: I can't seem to get the right fit for the second monitor screen. I changed the resolution to a size so the whole program fits but the side is blacked out not useable tried doing screenshot but it won't show what I'm talking about so I'm attaching pics.When I do the...
  9. Second monitor help please

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Help with second monitor problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Help with second monitor problems: I have been using two monitors for quite some time now, but this new problem has been very annoying to me. Lately, whenever I would try to drag a window or click and drag anything in the second monitor(not the main screen monitor) it would reset the click and drag and start...