Windows 10: Help with a strange audio icon popping up when I adjust volume?

Discus and support Help with a strange audio icon popping up when I adjust volume? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I have a Lenovo Yoga that runs on a windows operating system. I’m not extremely computer savvy so if someone could ELI5: All of a sudden when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/spaghetti000s, Jul 29, 2020.

1. Help with a strange audio icon popping up when I adjust volume?

So I have a Lenovo Yoga that runs on a windows operating system. I’m not extremely computer savvy so if someone could ELI5: All of a sudden when I adjust the audio with the sound button on my keyboard it brings up not only a picture of the volume bar but also a big pop up of the icon of whatever podcast or video or song I’m listening to. It also stays onscreen for a few seconds before it fades and it’s really annoying. It just started doing this today and I’m unsure of why and how to make it stop. Any ideas? I’m not seeing any options in my sound settings.

pic of the issue

submitted by /u/spaghetti000s
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/spaghetti000s, Jul 29, 2020
  2. W1zzard Win User

NEW! icons keep popping up

any better suggestions how people can easily see when we have new reviews up?

W1zzard, Jul 29, 2020
  3. JulieK101 Win User
    On screen keyboard pops-up at boot and desktop icon cannot be adjust

Vanessa,

Thank you so much for trying to help with a few of my problems. I have tried the steps you listed above and the keyboard is turned to off but it still continues to appear when I restart the computer and the Auto Arrange Icons is not checked but the icons
    continue to move to the middle of my screen.

Do you have any other suggestions for these issues and with my McAfee?

JulieK101, Jul 29, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

Help with a strange audio icon popping up when I adjust volume?

Is there a simple way to adjust (change) my web site rating when I get a pop up block?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• Which web browser are you using?
    If you’re using Microsoft EDGE then, I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

To turn on pop-up blocker follow the steps below

• Open Microsoft Edge browser. Click on "More actions" link (...) at right side on address bar

• In "More actions" menu, Click on "Settings" to open Settings screen.

• In "Settings" screen, click "View advanced settings" button below "Advanced settings"

• In "Advanced settings" screen, turn ON toggle button below the "Block pop-ups" to block the pop-ups. Turn OFF toggle button to unblock the pop-ups

If you’re using Internet Explorer then, I suggest you to refer the link below and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/...rity-privacy-settings#ie=ie-11&pop-up_blocker

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jul 29, 2020
Thema:

Help with a strange audio icon popping up when I adjust volume?

1. Help with a strange audio icon popping up when I adjust volume? - Similar Threads - Help strange audio

2. Strange error pops up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange error pops up.: First this happened with me :- https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-strange-file-opens-every-time-i-startrestart-my/ca7a3e6e-74d6-4b6b-b572-a7ea7980b854 my filename was "Aaradhya"As the answer suggested, I delted that file.but after deletion, this error...
  3. Missing Icons when Adjusting Volume

in Windows 10 Customization
    Missing Icons when Adjusting Volume: Hello Microsoft Community. Maybe there is a solution that I have not found but when I adjust my volume there is no buttons, but a square there instead. SCREENSHOT BELOW...
  4. "Speaker" icon can not adjust volume!

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Speaker" icon can not adjust volume!: Hello all:On the PC screen right bottom,there is a tray. Within the tray, thereare several icons including “Speaker”,click the speaker icon, we can adjustthe volume of the sound. Now the speaker icon changed:only display the maximal volume, 67%. can not Change/adjust the...
  5. Need help with volume adjustment

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help with volume adjustment: When ever I try to use the scroll wheel the volume adjustment thing appears in the top left and it wont go away it doesn't say anything is playing and it's just changing the audio level I think I accidentally pressed something but I'm not sure Edit: Already tried...
  6. System volume icon does not adjust volume

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    System volume icon does not adjust volume: I can adjust volume from settings and as far as I can see, the drivers are up to date, but all of a sudden I can't adjust the volume from the icon on the taskbar...
  7. How do I remove the large volume adjustment pop-up (on the right)?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I remove the large volume adjustment pop-up (on the right)?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/pig_onaskateboard [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jrxi6b/how_do_i_remove_the_large_volume_adjustment_popup/
  8. Audio become muted when volume is adjusted from volume mixer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio become muted when volume is adjusted from volume mixer: My current volume level is 67%, Using the volume mixer, If I move it up a to 100% or even just a littlet bit, either below 67% or above 67% my audio will disappear althoger. Restarting the pc does not help. Reinstalling realtek drivers fixes the issue but If I change the...
  9. strange pop ups

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    strange pop ups: Hi![ATTACH] every time i restart my windows 10 pc i get this pop up. i cant understand what it says but after some time it just disappears https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/strange-pop-ups/d4b67631-0c75-4436-bbbd-260e7eaf9f28"
  10. Strange pop up

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange pop up: Hi folks. I just started noticing an unusual occurrence on my windows 10 machine. It started about a month ago. I can not pin point the start of the issue to a specific post install. I will tell you that my machine is up to date with virus and maleware protection. Up to date...