Windows 10: Help with Action Center

Discus and support Help with Action Center in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Not sure if this is an actual thing, but I'm curious how to close out a notification (not just dismiss it to the Action Center) when it pops up. In... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/tuxmachina, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Help with Action Center

Not sure if this is an actual thing, but I'm curious how to close out a notification (not just dismiss it to the Action Center) when it pops up.

In Windows 2019 (Server), when the notification pops up, there is an X in the top right corner. Clicking that will dismiss it completely, no need to open the Action Center. However, on my PC there is just the arrow button, which only dismisses it to the Action Center. To fully close it out, I have to actually open the Action Center and click the X.

Is there a setting or anything in Windows 10 that can be changed to make this behavior more like the Windows 2019 behavior?

Edit: if it makes a difference, my OS details:
    Windows 10 Home, Version 20H2, Build 19042.746

TIA

submitted by /u/tuxmachina
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/tuxmachina, Jan 20, 2021
  2. BK3366 Win User

Help with Action Center

I've read through the thread you referred me to from above.

Step 1:

• Open the Start menu, type Turn system icons on or off in the search bar and click on Turn system icons on or off from the search bar results.

• Turn the Action center on.
    I ended up having to go in through settings to look at the above suggestion. When I typed it in the Start menu it took me to the internet. After that this popped up on me with notification. BUT, Action Center is on.

Help with Action Center a57c0336-4c1f-4471-9be5-c75258c3f683.jpg

No clue on that at all. I think that's something else from me being sent to the internet while checking to see if Action Center is On or not.

I looked at the second suggestion and I've already ran two of these scans. Or I'm I reading the suggestion wrong. Do I type all of that in at once and not hit enter? Or are all of these separate scans?

Step 2:

Follow the below steps and check whether you are able to access Action center.

1. Open the Task manager. Here’s a tip: Press CTRL+Shift+ESC.

2. Click File > Run New Task.

3. Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”.

4. Type CMD.

5. Type all the following four commands one by one at the CMD prompt:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow

powershell

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

6.Close the CMD window.

I do appreciate all of this help. Thank you.

BK3366, Jan 20, 2021
  3. Sharief K Win User
    Action Center

Hi,

Let's follow these steps to disable action center:

• Click on Start, type notifications in the search box.
    • In the list, select notifications & action settings.
    • On the right side, click on turn system icons on or off.
    • Turn off action center from there.
    Hope it helps. If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to reply. We will be glad to assist you.

Sharief K, Jan 20, 2021
  4. G.Paz Win User

Help with Action Center

Help Removing Action Center.

Hello Sue

Thank you for participating in the Microsoft Community, my name is , I am an Independent Advisor.

In addition to the steps executed by regedit, I suggest you disable this feature from the System settings:

In the System window, click the “Notifications & actions”

On the right, click the “Turn system icons on or off” link.

Scroll down to the bottom of the list of icons you can turn on or off, and click the button to disable Action Center.

Then, executed a Windows update and restart you machine.

Let me know if the issue still continuous.

Good luck on this process!!

G.Paz, Jan 20, 2021
Thema:

Help with Action Center

1. Help with Action Center - Similar Threads - Help Action Center

2. Action Center

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Action Center: I have windows 10. When I click on the icon in the lower right corner for the action center nothing happens. If I try to open it nothing happens. If I reboot sometimes it will work for a few days and then stop or it won't work at all....
  3. Action Center

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Action Center: In Action Center, it says Windows Defender, needs to scan my computer, but it won't scan. I can not even find it listed in my Uninstall List. Why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/action-center/d97c18d1-e9af-41b4-931c-117f709f1f83
  4. Action Center

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Action Center: Windows Defender, in Action Center, will not scan. I can not find it listed in my Uninstall programs. Anyway to fix it, to scan, or how can I uninstall it? Thanks for any help....
  5. Action Center

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Action Center: Hi. I want Action Center to show more than 20 notifications. Any idea on how to achieve that? Thanks in advance. submitted by /u/fromaoo [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gp87pe/action_center/
  6. Windows 10 Action Center HELP

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Action Center HELP: [ATTACH] Hey so over a year ago I removed the action center in the settings and it was fine but now I want to turn it back on. But since then Microsoft has moved the settings around and now I cant find where I can turn the bloody thing back on again. Can someone help? I've...
  7. Help Removing Action Center.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Help Removing Action Center.: I have Windows 10 version 1809 Pro 64-bit. I have used the Group Policy Editor to enable the setting "User Configuration" >> "Administrative" >> "Start Menu and Taskbar" >> "Remove Notifications and Action Center". I then rebooted the computer. The icon is still showing...
  8. action center

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    action center: What do I do? It shows that I have a notification but when I click into it blank How do I fix this ? [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/action-center/b74e9a83-d6ae-404c-96ad-cb89e2845df5"
  9. action center

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    action center: The action center icon indicates 'actions recommended' but when I open the security center I have green checks next to all categories with the notation 'no actions needed' but the icon says I have a problem and won't go away....
  10. Action Center

in Windows 10 Support
    Action Center: How to remove those annoying "back up files" notifications in action center when I already use an external drive 22593