Windows 10: Help with Adding a New Save Location

Discus and support Help with Adding a New Save Location in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have an external device that I save all my Steam games to. I'm trying to set it up so that my PC Xbox games are saved to that same external drive. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by jcp1417, Dec 28, 2022.

1. jcp1417 Win User

Help with Adding a New Save Location

I have an external device that I save all my Steam games to. I'm trying to set it up so that my PC Xbox games are saved to that same external drive. I know to go to this screen in my Xbox app, but the screenshot below says that "this location is not set up for installing games". Cool, so I clicked the link to set it as my location for where new apps are saved see the second screenshot. When I now tell it to save apps to my external drive, it asks me if I want to delete other apps. I'm assuming it's talking about all my steam games saved on there. I have three questions:1. If I select Yes, wi

:)

jcp1417, Dec 28, 2022

2. Default save locations for new images

Hi

Every time I try to save a new image, windows tries to put it in documents

I want to either

1. put it on the desktop by default
    2. choose a location and have subsequent files save to the same location (like apple)
    Can anyone help please?

Thanks

BenBrickwood, Dec 28, 2022
  3. Geethu B Win User
    Making HDD as default saving location instead of sdd for files

Hi Kiefer,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

I suggest you to try the following steps to change default saving locations. Check if it helps.

• Click on Start and click on
      Settings.

• Open System and click on
      Storage in the left-pane.

• Under the section Save Locations in the
      right-pane, select the appropriate location to which you want to save files.

• Restart the computer and check if it helps.
    Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Dec 28, 2022
  4. Help with Adding a New Save Location

Default location to save documenets

Hi Frank,

Sorry for the delayed response.

From your recent description, it seems like the issue is confined to Word documents. If true, then follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Launch Word application.
    • Go to File Menu and select Options.
    • In the pop-up dialog box, towards the left pane, select Save.
    • Under Default location file, browse the location you want to save.
    • Check if the issue persists.

Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Dec 28, 2022
Thema:

Help with Adding a New Save Location

1. Help with Adding a New Save Location - Similar Threads - Help Adding Save

2. Save as location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Save as location: Hi, this is really frustrating. I issue word documents as .pdfs, previously when I saved the document it defaulted to the same location as the word document, whereas now it tries to save it on the one drive which I do not use and do not wish to use. This seems a clear case of...
  3. Save as location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Save as location: Hi, this is really frustrating. I issue word documents as .pdfs, previously when I saved the document it defaulted to the same location as the word document, whereas now it tries to save it on the one drive which I do not use and do not wish to use. This seems a clear case of...
  4. Default new image save location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Default new image save location: I have recently started getting a problem in my normal workflow - I work with several different photo editing apps including Photoshop, NX studio, Fastone image viewer etc - I'll work on images and then save the results with a new file name reflecting changes or to help...
  5. Default new image save location

Default new image save location: I have recently started getting a problem in my normal workflow - I work with several different photo editing apps including Photoshop, NX studio, Fastone image viewer etc - I'll work on images and then save the results with a new file name reflecting changes or to help...
  6. Default new image save location

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Help with Adding a New Save Location

Help with Adding a New Save Location: I have an external device that I save all my Steam games to. I'm trying to set it up so that my PC Xbox games are saved to that same external drive. I know to go to this screen in my Xbox app, but the screenshot below says that "this location is not set up for installing...
  8. Default save locations for new images

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Default save locations for new images: Hi Every time I try to save a new image, windows tries to put it in documents I want to either put it on the desktop by default choose a location and have subsequent files save to the same location like apple Can anyone help please? Thanks...
  9. Changed Save As Default Location but Name of New Location is Wrong

Changed Save As Default Location but Name of New Location is Wrong: I changed the Save As Default location of my Documents folder to my D:\ drive, but the location now shows up as "D:\" and not "Documents." See screenshot below. Libraries are fine, but I can't seem to find how to change the name of this folder to the proper "Documents."...
  10. Adding "Recent" to file save location suggestions

Adding "Recent" to file save location suggestions: I am so frustrated that Windows 10 does not seem to have the "recent" options for locations to save/search for a file. I use a large folder system and am many layers deep in different locations throughout the day. I seem to be spending so much time drilling down to what I...