Windows 10: Help with Administrator Priveledges

Discus and support Help with Administrator Priveledges in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I'm trying to free up some space on my computer, but I can't do anything because I'm not an administrator, however, my account is listed as an... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Bowtieguy96, Aug 30, 2019.

1. Help with Administrator Priveledges

I'm trying to free up some space on my computer, but I can't do anything because I'm not an administrator, however, my account is listed as an administrator when I look it up. Please help.

:)

Bowtieguy96, Aug 30, 2019

2. help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Aug 30, 2019
  3. angus Win User
    Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Aug 30, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

Help with Administrator Priveledges

Administrator

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Go to all Settings
    • Select Accounts.
    • Select Family and other user.
    • Select the user account at the right side of the window.
    • After selecting the user account change the Account type to Administrator and check if it helps.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Aug 30, 2019
Thema:

Help with Administrator Priveledges

1. Help with Administrator Priveledges - Similar Threads - Help Administrator Priveledges

2. Administrator help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Administrator help: It seems I am continually changing things on my husband’s computer when I go onto my laptop. I don’t even know how I became the administrator or how that affects him https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/administrator-help/99152966-4945-4f74-afc6-f983dbf50b72
  3. Administrator help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Administrator help: It seems I am continually changing things on my husband’s computer when I go onto my laptop. I don’t even know how I became the administrator or how that affects him https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/administrator-help/99152966-4945-4f74-afc6-f983dbf50b72
  4. Help with running administrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help with running administrator: So every time i try to update or at least run administrator for my computer it automatically puts the computer in the administrator screen but nothing shows up. Like i will press run as administrator and nothing will pop up and the screen will just stay dim. Anybody know how...
  5. Administrative priveledge

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Administrative priveledge: I have W10, switched by Microsoft from my W7Pro.., I have a recent problem with privilege. I am the sole user. I am trying to install a purchased commercial program from both a download, and. USB Thumb drive and get the message I dont seem to have privileges to install it! I...
  6. Administrator Help Please

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Administrator Help Please: Hello All. Let me start by saying that I know next to nothing about Windows... I got this PC running Windows 10 Home back from my son who used it throughout college. He set me up with a separate local account, but left himself as the administrator. I have changed my local...
  7. Give application permanent administrator priveledges

in Windows 10 Customization
    Give application permanent administrator priveledges: When running a program that requires administrator privileges to work, there is the annoying popup that requires me to click yes each time. If said program runs/restarts often, selecting the correct option becomes quite tedious. Is there a way to make the program...
  8. Help deleting administrator

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help deleting administrator: I have 2 accounts on my laptop. Both administrator accounts. I can change the one I am using and even delete it. But the one a "accidentally", made doesn't show this option. I tried 6 different instructions I found online to delete this other account. But it doesn't show the...
  9. Help with Administrator

Help with Administrator: Hi I have a problem with Add & Remove programs, when i try to uninstall a program a box appears which says The system administrator has set policies to prevent this installation, followed by a further box saying You do not have sufficient access to uninstall please contact...
  10. ADMINISTRATOR HELP

ADMINISTRATOR HELP: HOW DO I SIGN IN AS ADMINISTRATOR? i AM THE ONLY PERSON TO USE THE COMPUTER, AND THOUGHT I WAS ADMINISTRATOR. HELP! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/administrator-help/686f7b70-8673-47ab-b04b-1d0048106aa2