Windows 10: Help with an "identity alert" = program used is not available in UK

Discus and support Help with an "identity alert" = program used is not available in UK in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Sorry for the rather confusing thread title, but I wasn't sure how else to describe it within the limited character length. I also wasn't sure where I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Gaz1701, Aug 2, 2020.

1. Gaz1701 Win User

Help with an "identity alert" = program used is not available in UK

Sorry for the rather confusing thread title, but I wasn't sure how else to describe it within the limited character length.

I also wasn't sure where I should ask about this question, because it's not really to do with Windows Anti-Virus software - but McAfee (but still on a Windows computer).

I am asking here in case there's a way to find out if there is other software (or a way of finding out) to say if it's a genuine threat, or a false positive (or something else) - and how to deal with it. But anyway, to explain it.

I've been using McAfee LiveSafe Total Protection, and I've had an e-mail come through saying this:
    -
    which is from <[email protected]>

Unfortunately, the 'McAfee Identity Theft Protection' which alerted me to this *isn't* available outside the United States (under 'Subscription & Setup'), and I live in the UK.

Is this e-mail something I should be concerned about, and how would I resolve this issue - seeing as I don't live in the US?
    Thank you in advance.

-Windows 10, version 2004 (OS Build 19041.388)

:)

Gaz1701, Aug 2, 2020

2. help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Aug 2, 2020
  3. Billy Med Win User
    Emergency Alerts

Hi Stephanie,

Just to confirm, is this the same thing that you tried on your phone, in order to turn off Amber Alerts?

• Open Settings.
    • Tap on System.
    • Tap on Messaging.
    • Tap on the Change emergency alert settings link.
    • Turn on or off the emergency alerts you want.

Let us know if this was the same thing that you tried.

We would also suggest to reset your phone after doing these steps to ensure that the changes on your phone's settings will be refreshed.

Simply press and hold the Power and Volume down button for 15 seconds and then release your hold afterwards.

Billy Med, Aug 2, 2020
  4. Help with an "identity alert" = program used is not available in UK

Xbox Identity Provider

Most programs created for earlier versions of Windows will work with this version of Windows, however, some older programs might run poorly. You need to run the

Program Compatibility Troubleshooter
    or change the compatibility settings on your computer to play games like Age of Empires: Castle Siege.

If you are still unable to download the Xbox Identity Provider, we recommend that you clear Windows Store cache by following the steps below:

• Press Windows + X on your keyboard.
    • Select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type wsreset.exe, and then hit Enter.
    • Launch Windows Store and check if there are available updates and install them.

You can also download Xbox Identity Provider on this
    link

If you need further assistance, feel free to post your queries here anytime.

Loraine Mon, Aug 2, 2020
Thema:

Help with an "identity alert" = program used is not available in UK

1. Help with an "identity alert" = program used is not available in UK - Similar Threads - Help identity alert

2. Win 11 in-place upgrade, English UK not available.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 in-place upgrade, English UK not available.: My PC boots to a black screen after the latest Win 11 update. I have recovered it - 3 times! MS chat suggested an in-place upgrade and sent me the info. My PC is using Eng. UK there are only 2 options in the ISO file download, Eng. US and Eng. International. If I choose...
  3. Win 11 in-place upgrade, English UK not available.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 11 in-place upgrade, English UK not available.: My PC boots to a black screen after the latest Win 11 update. I have recovered it - 3 times! MS chat suggested an in-place upgrade and sent me the info. My PC is using Eng. UK there are only 2 options in the ISO file download, Eng. US and Eng. International. If I choose...
  4. A program is only using 5% of the available LAN bandwidth.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    A program is only using 5% of the available LAN bandwidth.: A program is only using 5% of the available Local Area network bandwidth. Peer-to-peer, windows 10 Home. Is there any way to force the program to use more of the available bandwidth?...
  5. HELP NEWBIE ALERT

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HELP NEWBIE ALERT: I need help. I have the acer swift 3 and was told that window is already on the laptop I would just need the code to activate where exactly is the code? And I am really scared that I may have thrown it away. I have kept everything from the box, to what is inside the box....
  6. security alert, the identity of the web site or integrity of this connection cannot be...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    security alert, the identity of the web site or integrity of this connection cannot be...: When I boot my computer I get this security alert: security alert, the identity of the web site or integrity of this connection cannot be verified The reason for this alert is listed as: the name on the security alert is invalid or does not match the name of the...
  7. Security alert on C:\Program...

Security alert on C:\Program...: Symantec Security Suite is warning me that the file video.ui.exe in the C:\Program Files\Microsoft.ZuneVideo_10.19011.11311.0_x648wekyb3d8bbewe folder is not signed and has an "Unproven" trust level. Is this safe? If yes, why isn't Microsoft signing their code?...
  8. Security alert on C:\Program...

Security alert on C:\Program...: Symantec Security Suite is warning me that the file video.ui.exe in the C:\Program Files\Microsoft.ZuneVideo_10.19011.11311.0_x648wekyb3d8bbewe folder is not signed and has an "Unproven" trust level. Is this safe? If yes, why isn't Microsoft signing their code?...
  9. News videos not available in the UK

in Windows 10 Customization
    News videos not available in the UK: I keep getting screen notes over a black video screen informing me the video I want to watch is not available in the UK. I'm LOCATED in the UK, so how do I get Windows 10 to know I'm based in the UK ?...
  10. Microsoft launches Identity Bounty program

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft launches Identity Bounty program: Modern security depends today on collaborative communication of identities and identity data within and across domains. A customer’s digital identity is often the key to accessing services and interacting across the internet. Microsoft has invested heavily in the security and...