Windows 10: Help with BCD Recovery Entry Point Error

Discus and support Help with BCD Recovery Entry Point Error in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've been trying to enable the recovery environment but so far have been unsuccessful. [img] This is the previous thread that has not provided a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by SoFine409, Jul 1, 2019.

1. SoFine409 Win User

Help with BCD Recovery Entry Point Error

I've been trying to enable the recovery environment but so far have been unsuccessful.

Help with BCD Recovery Entry Point Error [​IMG]

This is the previous thread that has not provided a solution: Can I Delete These 2 Recovery Partitions?
    I've taken a look at the reagentc error logs and discovered the warning about an invalid recovery entry point, see below.

[ReAgentc.exe] -----Executing command line: reagentc /info-----
    [ReAgentc.exe] ------------------------------------------------------
    [ReAgentc.exe] Enter WinReGetConfig[ReAgentc.exe] Parameters: configWinDir: NULL
    [ReAgentc.exe] WinRE config file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\Recovery\ReAgent.xml
    [ReAgentc.exe] Update enhanced config info is enabled.
    [ReAgentc.exe] ReAgentConfig::ReadBcdAndUpdateEnhancedConfigInfo BCD recovery entry points to invalid location (no winre.wim at )
    [ReAgentc.exe] WinRE is staged[
    ReAgentc.exe] Wim dir location: \\?\GLOBALROOT\device\harddisk0\partition3\Recovery\WindowsRE[ReAgentc.exe] System is WimBoot: FALSE
    [ReAgentc.exe] WinRE image validated
    [ReAgentc.exe] Exit WinReGetConfig return value: 1, last error: 0x0

Using Bootice I think I see that some information is mission from the Windows Recovery device object. If someone could verify that I'm headed in the right direct and also how I can go about fixing it I would be most appreciative.

:)

SoFine409, Jul 1, 2019

2. Error code 0xc000000f, BCD corrupted

Hi Andre,

As per the description, I suggest that you follow the steps below to fix BCD

1. Right click on the Start Menu and select Command Prompt (Admin)

2. Here type/paste the commands listed below

Bootrec /fixMBR

Bootrec /fixBoot

Bootrec /RebuildBcd

3. Once done restart the PC and check.

Hope this helps

Vanessa Sohtun, Jul 1, 2019
  3. Windows defender offline error: EFI\Microsoft\Boot\BCD - 0xc0000185

Hi Dave,

Could you provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • Are you able to boot the device to desktop with this error message?

This issue might have occurred due to corruption in the boot files or BOIS unable to detect your drive to boot.

I suggest you to refer to the below thread, check if your issue matches with the same.

If so, try the troubleshooting steps suggested by -.[Final]#[Boss].- and check if
    it helps.

Error code after update File:\EFI\Microsoft\Boot BCD
    Error Code 0xc0000185 BSOD

Hope this information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, Jul 1, 2019
  4. ROB McM Win User

Recovery tool for \BCD ERROR CODE:0xc0000098

I have a HP Pavilion and since upgrading to win10 during Boot it freezes and I get the message FILE: \BCD with a ERROR CODE:0xc0000098 and it says I need a recovery tool, at that screen i hit esc. then enter and it boots up and runs perfect. how do I get
    the recovery tool and fix the BCD file?

ROB McM, Jul 1, 2019
Thema:

1. Help with BCD Recovery Entry Point Error - Similar Threads - Help BCD Recovery

2. Entry Point Not Found

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Entry Point Not Found: I'm not very smart when it comes to anything pc related I keep getting this pop up on my screen when I turn on or restart my pc ' OneDrive.exe - Entry Point Not found. The procedure entry point Sspilocalfree could not be located in the dynamic link library' may I have help to...
  3. Entry Point Not Found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Entry Point Not Found: I'm not very smart when it comes to anything pc related I keep getting this pop up on my screen when I turn on or restart my pc ' OneDrive.exe - Entry Point Not found. The procedure entry point Sspilocalfree could not be located in the dynamic link library' may I have help to...
  4. Entry Point Not Found

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Entry point not Found

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Entry point not Found: my pc is HP and having some error. It's said * Entry point not found * how could I fix it?It's showing when I open games. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/entry-point-not-found/05efe19f-44ba-4086-9ab8-95fcc840870e
  6. Entry point not Found

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Entry point not Found: my pc is HP and having some error. It's said * Entry point not found * how could I fix it?It's showing when I open games. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/entry-point-not-found/05efe19f-44ba-4086-9ab8-95fcc840870e
  7. Entry Point not found

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Entry Point not found: Hi all, I recently downloaded a game from the internet, and I am having some issues. Firstly, it said it was missing the binkw32.dll . I downloaded that .dll followed the instructions on the website for where to place it. Having placed it there, I am now getting the error...
  8. Entry point not found

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Entry point not found: After installing windows 10 I began to get "Entry Point Not Found" error messages when trying to open some programs. Specifically "The procedure entry point _crtCreateSymbolisLinkW could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\MSVCP110.dll" I ran the...
  9. How to clean up BCD entries? Rebuild the BCD?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to clean up BCD entries? Rebuild the BCD?: I have a number of bogus entries in BCD. Plus I cloned my primary Win10-1903 SSD to create a multiboot system, ran EasyBCD and that's what added all these fake entries. On top of that, it sometimes has trouble booting, I have to hit Cntrl-Alt-Delete to restart the boot...
  10. Entry Point NOt found

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Entry Point NOt found: i need help with this i tried to install a game and when i try to start it, this shows up. no matter how many times i press OK it just pops out until i close it via Task Manager [ATTACH]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bcd recovery entry points to invalid location