Windows 10: Help with BCD Recovery Entry Point Error

Discus and support Help with BCD Recovery Entry Point Error in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've been trying to enable the recovery environment but so far have been unsuccessful. [img] This is the previous thread that has not provided a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by SoFine409, Jul 1, 2019.

1. SoFine409 Win User

Help with BCD Recovery Entry Point Error

I've been trying to enable the recovery environment but so far have been unsuccessful.

Help with BCD Recovery Entry Point Error [​IMG]

This is the previous thread that has not provided a solution: Can I Delete These 2 Recovery Partitions?
    I've taken a look at the reagentc error logs and discovered the warning about an invalid recovery entry point, see below.

[ReAgentc.exe] -----Executing command line: reagentc /info-----
    [ReAgentc.exe] ------------------------------------------------------
    [ReAgentc.exe] Enter WinReGetConfig[ReAgentc.exe] Parameters: configWinDir: NULL
    [ReAgentc.exe] WinRE config file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\Recovery\ReAgent.xml
    [ReAgentc.exe] Update enhanced config info is enabled.
    [ReAgentc.exe] ReAgentConfig::ReadBcdAndUpdateEnhancedConfigInfo BCD recovery entry points to invalid location (no winre.wim at )
    [ReAgentc.exe] WinRE is staged[
    ReAgentc.exe] Wim dir location: \\?\GLOBALROOT\device\harddisk0\partition3\Recovery\WindowsRE[ReAgentc.exe] System is WimBoot: FALSE
    [ReAgentc.exe] WinRE image validated
    [ReAgentc.exe] Exit WinReGetConfig return value: 1, last error: 0x0

Using Bootice I think I see that some information is mission from the Windows Recovery device object. If someone could verify that I'm headed in the right direct and also how I can go about fixing it I would be most appreciative.

:)

SoFine409, Jul 1, 2019

2. Error code 0xc000000f, BCD corrupted

Hi Andre,

As per the description, I suggest that you follow the steps below to fix BCD

1. Right click on the Start Menu and select Command Prompt (Admin)

2. Here type/paste the commands listed below

Bootrec /fixMBR

Bootrec /fixBoot

Bootrec /RebuildBcd

3. Once done restart the PC and check.

Hope this helps

Vanessa Sohtun, Jul 1, 2019
  3. Windows defender offline error: EFI\Microsoft\Boot\BCD - 0xc0000185

Hi Dave,

Could you provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • Are you able to boot the device to desktop with this error message?

This issue might have occurred due to corruption in the boot files or BOIS unable to detect your drive to boot.

I suggest you to refer to the below thread, check if your issue matches with the same.

If so, try the troubleshooting steps suggested by -.[Final]#[Boss].- and check if
    it helps.

Error code after update File:\EFI\Microsoft\Boot BCD
    Error Code 0xc0000185 BSOD

Hope this information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, Jul 1, 2019
  4. ROB McM Win User

Recovery tool for \BCD ERROR CODE:0xc0000098

I have a HP Pavilion and since upgrading to win10 during Boot it freezes and I get the message FILE: \BCD with a ERROR CODE:0xc0000098 and it says I need a recovery tool, at that screen i hit esc. then enter and it boots up and runs perfect. how do I get
    the recovery tool and fix the BCD file?

ROB McM, Jul 1, 2019
Thema:

1. Help with BCD Recovery Entry Point Error - Similar Threads - Help BCD Recovery

2. Recovery points

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recovery points: Is there a way to make Windows 10 Pro set recovery points automatically? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recovery-points/8a338236-2217-4a28-a589-6f5fe441e24e
  3. Recovery point

Recovery point: Hello. Is it possible to recover (make a clear reinstall) Windows 10 through a made recovery point when you change different generation CPUs, acceptable on the current motherboard?...
  4. service.exe - entry point not found

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    service.exe - entry point not found: the procedure entry point DeviceEventWorker could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\ProgramData\Windows\Profile\service.exe. It came up of nowhere and i can't get rid of it...
  5. Recovery blue screen. BCD error code 0xc000014c

Recovery blue screen. BCD error code 0xc000014c: Just had this happen to me after many months of trouble free use of Windows 10 since the original download upgrade. All the online advise seems to point to pressing the power off button just after the manufacturer logo and as Windows starts to load - ie when the spinning...
  6. The procedure entry point not found

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The procedure entry point not found: i have seen this question answered before, but i was told it was different for every message, so im trying to figure out how to solve this one: The procedure entry point UnityMain could not be located in the dynamic link F:\Games\The Files Of The...
  7. taskmgr.exe entry point not found

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    taskmgr.exe entry point not found: it said "the procedure entry point ImageList_CoCreateInstance could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\WINDOWS\system32\taskmgr.exe" is there any way to fix this?thanks...
  8. Procedure Entry Point Not Found

in Windows 10 Customization
    Procedure Entry Point Not Found: Can somebody tell me what this means?[ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_general/what-is-this/360c37ce-5b4c-48b5-b0fa-85e275cf5936
  9. Recovery points are killed

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Recovery points are killed: Hello from Germany. On my HDD there are two partitions, one with Win 7 and one with Win 10, chosen by the Win-Boot-Manager. If I start Win 7 all the recovery points from Win 10 are lost. But starting Win 10 all the "7-points" are still there. Why that and ... how to...
  10. BCD / boot.ini Deleted HELP

BCD / boot.ini Deleted HELP: When I bumped up to build 10074 I had some issues (clean install) that ended up with me aborting and starting over. The second attempt worked fine except for one strange anomaly in which I ended up in a dual boot situation (both OS choices were Win10.10074 but the second...