Windows 10: Help with Bing Home Page in Edge

Discus and support Help with Bing Home Page in Edge in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I've used Bing Home page in Edge for quite awhile. Today I noticed a scroll bar on the right side of picture. I scrolled down and all this garbage was... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by RichardC, Jun 10, 2021.

1. RichardC Win User

Help with Bing Home Page in Edge

I've used Bing Home page in Edge for quite awhile. Today I noticed a scroll bar on the right side of picture. I scrolled down and all this garbage was displayed. I've high lighted the areas in question. Edge is up to date and don't think it's related to Fat Tuesdays' CU. Does anyone know how I can get rid of this? If not, I'll just change Home Page.

:)

RichardC, Jun 10, 2021

2. Default pages for Microsoft Edge

Hello Angela,

I understand that you are trying to set the starting page for the Microsoft Edge of your preferred web pages. We will help you.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps you.

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Click on the ". . ." at the top right corner. Select Settings.
    • Under Open Microsoft Edge with. Select Specific pages.
    • Set the webpages and Save.
    Please post to us if you have any further queries to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jun 10, 2021
  3. How to remove Bing search

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

a) What is the exact issue that you face with Bing?

b) Is the issue related to Bing app?

c) Do you get issues with bing search in Windows Edge?

If you wish to set a different search for Windows Edge, here are the steps which might help you to set it as default search engine or home page.

• Open Windows edge.
    • Click on More actions (Three dots ...)
    • Click on settings.
    • Click on view advanced settings.
    • Turn on "Show the home button"
    • Enter the URL of the website which you want to set as your home page.
    • Close the Windows edge and open it again you will be able to get you desired webpage as your home page.

For Internet Explorer, refer to the following steps:

a) Type Internet options into the start search box

b) Press enter

c) Go down to search and select settings,

d) You can change it here.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Harkanwar Singh, Jun 10, 2021
  4. Help with Bing Home Page in Edge

Can't replace Bing as default search provider in Edge/Win10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your queries in Windows 10.

I completely understand your concern.

I suggest you to follow these steps and check if that helps.

• Click (…)

• Select settings

• Under settings

• Advance settings

• Turn on home page and add the site of your choice as home page.

• Click on save button.
    You will also find an option to turn off searching with Bing here.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Sudharshan M K, Jun 10, 2021
Thema:

Help with Bing Home Page in Edge

1. Help with Bing Home Page in Edge - Similar Threads - Help Bing Home

2. home page in edge windows 10

in Browsers and Email
    home page in edge windows 10: My home page has been the page that opens with edge, it has been that way for a long time, all of a sudden edge opens with the tab page, i have followed the videos on youtube and home page does not open with edge, i can click on home page and it goes there but it does not...
  3. Edge automatically launches Bing page on startup

in Browsers and Email
    Edge automatically launches Bing page on startup: I did something to my computer and now every time I wake it up from sleep it automatically launches a Bing page on Edge that appears to be set to a search for the screen image that was on the startup page. It never did this before so I must have inadvertently changed...
  4. Edge automatically launches Bing page on startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Edge automatically launches Bing page on startup: I did something to my computer and now every time I wake it up from sleep it automatically launches a Bing page on Edge that appears to be set to a search for the screen image that was on the startup page. It never did this before so I must have inadvertently changed...
  5. Bing Search Bar in Edge's New Tab page

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bing Search Bar in Edge's New Tab page: Good day, For some reason the Bing Search bar appeard in the "Top Sites" page when you open a new Tab, while there wasn't a search bar before. I don't know what the trigger is, perhaps Windows updates. I have even chosen Google as the standers search engine in the address...
  6. Bing Search Bar in Edge's New Tab page

in Browsers and Email
    Bing Search Bar in Edge's New Tab page: Good day, For some reason the Bing Search bar appeard on the New Tab page while there wasn't a search bar before. I don't know what the trigger is, perhaps Windows updates. I have even chosen Google as the standers search engine in the address bar itself. I remember this...
  7. Edge lost favorites and home page

in Browsers and Email
    Edge lost favorites and home page: Weird thing happened this morning. When I opened Edge, my home page had changed to the default, even though I deleted it in settings, to set the home page I prefer. And all my favorites were gone. The popup launched to ask me if I wanted to import favorites from IE. I did not...
  8. Edge Problems--Home Page and Search

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Problems--Home Page and Search: I continue to have two perplexing problems with Edge that started with 10158 and continue in 10159. 1. Starting with 10158, MS finally gave us an Edge Setting to allow use of a Search engine other than Bing as default. Unfortunately, I've been unable to make the setting...
  9. Ms edge home page.

in Browsers and Email
    Ms edge home page.: I set google.com to open edge with, but when I click on home button default page comes up. How do I set home button to go to google.com? Henry 58969
  10. Bing Home Page ?

in Browsers and Email
    Bing Home Page ?: Is this new on the Bing home page or has it been there for awhile? When you move your mouse on the web page a popup shows telling you about the Pic and a link to more pics. [img] 38333