Windows 10: Help with black screen and start up

Discus and support Help with black screen and start up in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a couple problems, first when I turn on laptop get the usual password request, then goes to black screen , restarted with shift held down to go... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by lildama, Dec 5, 2018.

1. lildama Win User

Help with black screen and start up

I have a couple problems, first when I turn on laptop get the usual password request, then goes to black screen , restarted with shift held down to go into troubleshoot , tried all options to repair, reset, reinstall, nothing is working, it just goes back to black screen, tried to go get a recovery download from website, can't get one. It briefly once opened to desktop and I was able to go on internet , but Windows showed message Windows is repairing , and then went to restart but went to black screen again, How do I fix laptop? Oh it's Windows 10,,,, Beyond frustrated

:)

lildama, Dec 5, 2018

2. Black screen error

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are facing a black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• Can you confirm to us if you are using a laptop or a computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What exactly were you doing when the error occurred?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this? If yes, specify all of the steps that you have done.

As an initial part of troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps given on this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    . This will help you diagnose and rectify most of the known black screen concerns.

We will wait for your response.

Dhavelyn Mer, Dec 5, 2018
  3. Ryan Fra Win User
    Endless black screen without anything but it is on

Hi Basim,

There are several reasons why the screen turns black only. It can be an issue with the software or hardware. Please answer the following questions:

• Are there any major changes made on your computer before the issue started?
    • Have you performed any troubleshooting steps to fix the issue?

For now, we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps from this
    link

We are looking forward to your reply.

Ryan Fra, Dec 5, 2018
  4. Rose Cal Win User

black screen

Hi Bart,

It is possible that you're experiencing black screen due to corrupted system files. To assist you better, we'd like to gather more information:

• Are you getting any error messages?
    • What happen when you tried to login?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    to troubleshoot black screen errors. You can choose which situation you're experiencing the error and perform the instructions.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Dec 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Help with black screen and start up - Similar Threads - Help black screen

2. Black screen on start up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen on start up: When I start my PC I am able to get all the fans spinning and all my USB devices have power. However my PC does not deliver any output to my monitor and Windows does not start at all. When this first started happening I tried restarting my PC 3 times in order to get into...
  3. Black screen on start up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen on start up: When I start my PC I am able to get all the fans spinning and all my USB devices have power. However my PC does not deliver any output to my monitor and Windows does not start at all. When this first started happening I tried restarting my PC 3 times in order to get into...
  4. Black Screen at Start-up

Black Screen at Start-up: On my Windows 7 box, I get to the initial Ctrl + Alt + Del to login and then the screen goes black. My cursor works, and additonal Ctrl + Alt + Del flashes the normal screen for a fraction of a second, but no user name visible or Password box. Windows Logo, + Ctrl + Shift + B...
  5. Black screen on start up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen on start up: Whan I uninstall Classic shell I got a black screen after start up. I'm having a zoom meeting in the next hour so any help would be appreciated https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-screen-on-start-up/73de31c1-9737-45c3-9c91-e44c186716a4
  6. Black screen on start up

Black screen on start up: Whan I uninstall Classic shell I got a black screen after start up. I'm having a zoom meeting in the next hour so any help would be appreciated https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-screen-on-start-up/73de31c1-9737-45c3-9c91-e44c186716a4
  7. Black screen on start up

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Black Screen on start up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Black Screen on start up: So, everytime i boot up win10, It promps me to a black screen that i have to wait 1hr for with my mouse, Though i can use CTRL+ALT+DEL to restart explorer.exe, It does not work, Ive tried restarting my Laptop, nothing, No viruses, No ram over-clog, no nothing, just a black...
  9. Black Screen on Start Up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black Screen on Start Up: As I was booting my laptop up from a Windows update, I encountered a black screen with a cursor. From researching this, I gather this is a pretty common issue with the standard fix being using the task manager to restart the pc. The only issue I’ve been having with that is...
  10. black screen on start up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    black screen on start up: This morning when I booted up my Windows 10 PC I got a black screen. There is a cursor on the screen and when I move the mouse the cursor moves. I can access bios and in bios it is evident the keyboard is connected. However, I cannot access any windows function. I...