Windows 10: Help with Blacked out apps including Windows store

Discus and support Help with Blacked out apps including Windows store in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have lost access to the Windows app store weather and other functions. It seems these items are blacked out and offer me no access to the market.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Tomween1, Sep 3, 2015.

1. Tomween1 Win User

Help with Blacked out apps including Windows store

I have lost access to the Windows app store weather and other functions. It seems these items are blacked out and offer me no access to the market.

Help with Blacked out apps including Windows store [​IMG]

Having noticed this and and having no luck finding resolution, I restored the PC to an earlier point. Still no joy.

In Apps and features they are also grayed out

Have I blocked these somehow? Is there a way to restore these?

Here is the error when opening from apps and settings

Thank you

:)

Tomween1, Sep 3, 2015

2. Store apps blacked out, cannot open.

It seems that since yesterday, I'm unable to start a bunch of Windows store apps. The tiles for the apps seem to be darkened out. At the moment, I've installed all updates to Windows, the most recent update being KB3149135.

My computer's specifications are:

RAM : 6 GiB (5.5 GiB usable)

Graphics : AMD Radeon 7640G + 7670m (dual graphics)

CPU : AMD A8 4500M, 1.9 GHz

Here is what the current situation looks like:

Prashant.Warrier, Sep 3, 2015
  3. Store apps blacked out, cannot open.

Hello Prashant,

I request you to try the methods below:

Method 1:

I request you to try running the troubleshooter for Windows apps.

Follow the below link:

Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Method 2:

I request you to place the computer in Clean boot and check if it helps.

A clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program or an update or when you run a program in Windows.
    You may also troubleshoot or determine what conflict is causing the problem by performing a clean boot.

Follow the link to place your computer in Clean boot:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Method 3:

I request you to perform system file checker. Follow the steps below which will help you:

• Press Windows key + X, click Command Prompt (Admin).
    • In the Command Prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:

sfc /scannow.
    The sfc /scannow command will scan all protected system files, and replace corrupted files with a cached copy that is located in a compressed folder at %WinDir%\System32\dllcache.

You can follow the steps in the following article:

System file check (SFC) Scan and Repair System Files & DISM to fix things SFC cannot

I hope this helps you. If you have any further queries, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Sep 3, 2015
  4. Tomween1 Win User

Also tried this, both from the app and then cmd (advanced)

Something flashed across the cmd box quickly the went back to c:/....

It doesn't appear to have fixed my issue

I also ran
    dism /online /cleanup-image /checkhealth

and

2.dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth.

No joy

Tomween1, Sep 3, 2015
  5. Tomween1 Win User
    Tomween1, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Help with Blacked out apps including Windows store - Similar Threads - Help Blacked apps

2. Blacked out apps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blacked out apps: Hello! My laptop has an issue where some or all the apps are blacked out and I can not open them as seen on the image. This thing has been going around for quite a while now and I want to get rid of it. I don't want to lose any data on my laptop while trying to get rid of...
  3. All windows store apps are not starting including Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    All windows store apps are not starting including Microsoft Store: Basically they're not startingThey don't even give any error messages except for Photos and Movies & TV which shows the message"The app didn't start." along with the path of the file above the messagealso Microsoft Store isn't starting not even with a error message it just...
  4. Windows apps greyed out, stuck updating including store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows apps greyed out, stuck updating including store: most apps from the microsoft store are greyed out in the start menu, with a bar underneath indicating they are updatingthe problem is probably because the microsoft store is also stuck updating.I dont know how to fix this, i have already tried some things:wsreset.exe opens...
  5. Blacked out apps on Start

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blacked out apps on Start: This whole week my laptop has been experiencing problems 1st my screen and taskbar always kept refreshing every 5-20 minutes and then now the Microsoft Store app has been blacked or blocked out. It looks like the picture I put below and it just happened right after I updated...
  6. Help, Microsoft store apps, including Minecraft for windows 10 and task manager. "Hanging...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help, Microsoft store apps, including Minecraft for windows 10 and task manager. "Hanging...: Like the title says submitted by /u/The-Purple-Dragon [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ly3w01/help_microsoft_store_apps_including_minecraft_for/
  7. Some Win10 apps broken including windows store

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Some Win10 apps broken including windows store: I updated 2 days ago to version 2004. Today I noticed that my image viewer aint working then I found few more that are not working including windows store. I tried every powershell command I can find but it doesn't work. I also tried resetting the app via apps and features...
  8. Modern apps crash (including windows store)

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Modern apps crash (including windows store): Hey I'm the owner of a SB. Already a first time my start menu, doesnt appeared I lost a full day + one night to fix the bug, SFC /scannow didnt work neither health restore but I get it worked by this solutionhttp://www.urtech.ca/2015/09/solved-...in-10-minutes/ (seemingly the...
  9. Default store apps corrupted (including Store)

Default store apps corrupted (including Store): I am having some trouble getting the default store apps to work. As for the store itself, it used to briefly show the splash then crash. Now it is just an unknown file type that doesn't do anything when clicked. I have tried some of the more common fixes, like the powershell...
  10. EVERY Windows 10 App Crashes (including the store)

EVERY Windows 10 App Crashes (including the store): After a Windows 10 update, suddenly no Metro apps work at all besides Microsoft Edge. Not even the store. When I open any of them (besides Edge), it shows the splash screen for a second, then it closes. I also tried the PowerShell command that people have been throwing...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows phone apps blacked out

2. itunes is blacked out on microsoft store

3. why have my microsoft apps blanked kut?

4. windows store apps blacked out and not opening,
  5. windows store blacked out