Windows 10: Help with boot loader, deleted boot partitions.

Discus and support Help with boot loader, deleted boot partitions. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; The other day i deleted my EFI partition along with one other, the reason for this is because i was trying to get a Ubuntu dual boot to work. Before... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DeathStrider, Sep 11, 2016.

1. Help with boot loader, deleted boot partitions.

The other day i deleted my EFI partition along with one other, the reason for this is because i was trying to get a Ubuntu dual boot to work. Before doing this i knew i was going to brick my windows installation. But now i really need to get my windows partition back up and running because i need to access some very important files. You might be thinking at this point 'oh that is stupid why would you do that?' and i will say because i thought i would be able to fix it relatively easily, obviously that is not the case.

some other side notes:

The only partition that remains is the windows partition that contains the operating system and files.

I appreciate any help you may be able to give.

:)

DeathStrider, Sep 11, 2016

2. Dual boot with Ubuntu

Are you booting from a Grub loader or from the win loader? It will not delete the Ubuntu partition or data but you may have to re-install the loader if it is Grub/Ubuntu

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Sep 11, 2016
  3. We can't tell if your PC has enough space to continue installing Windows 10

When trying to upgrade my windows 7 pro x64 I had the same issue. I tried a lot of things but what finally worked was to remove my Linux partition I rarely boot to. After deleting my Linux partitions I replaced the grub2 boot loader with the default windows
    boot loader (bootrec /fixmbr, bootrec /fixboot). After that the upgrade started and finished.

GiantSpaceNinja, Sep 11, 2016
  4. Kbird Win User

Help with boot loader, deleted boot partitions.

Are the partitions gone or Just erased ? and now unallocated space? or did you just overwrite the Windows Boot loader ?

Need alot more details , I think before too many could help you...

Startup reapir for win10 USB?

If it won't boot try a MiniToolPartition Wizard Boot Disk (make on another PC) and see if it can find your Partitions and recover them.

No point really guessing anymore ....you get the idea...

I don't know Ubuntu so can't really help as I don't know what you were doing or how far you got with that....

KB

Kbird, Sep 11, 2016
  5. Saltgrass Win User
    You have to be careful with some third party partition managers and a UEFI install since they may not do UEFI..

Replacing the partitions is easy if you have a way to boot into a command prompt, such as a Recovery Drive or Install Media, as Kbird mentions..

We will need to know the exact situation of your system and you can get that as well as replace the partitions using Diskpart.

Ubuntu will install fine and even use Secure Boot if installed as UEFI. But getting a Boot menu is not that easy and would require Grub. I like to leave them as individual installs and select which one to boot from a Boot Device Menu during boot.

Saltgrass, Sep 11, 2016
  6. cereberus Win User
    On another pc, install Macrium Reflect Free, and create a Macrium Rescue usb drive or dvd.

Boot from it, select Restore Tab, and click "fix windows boot problems".

it should list Windows 10, and if so, click next, finish.

With luck pc will now reboot.

cereberus, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Help with boot loader, deleted boot partitions.

1. Help with boot loader, deleted boot partitions. - Similar Threads - Help boot loader

2. Deleted windows boot partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Deleted windows boot partition: Hello everyone, I had windows 10 installed on my laptop, it was not activated btw , for some reason i switched to manjaro linux and i chose to erase all the data in my disk , now I wan't windows back , I can't find it on the boot menu .How do i get it back ??...
  3. Deleted boot partition

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleted boot partition: 250GB NVme with the system - boot 2TB Nvme - data 8TB sata dynamic disc 2x 4TB sata ssd drives - slower data. This drive was getting full so I got 2 14TB sata drives to create Raid 1 backup When I added the drives and got in to motherboard Raid Array configuration new...
  4. Deleting partitions from boot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Deleting partitions from boot: Does my drive get wiped of i delete all partitions and format from the new windows install with usb? submitted by /u/VishVadeva [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ib6c3i/deleting_partitions_from_boot/
  5. Help Restoring Windows 10 Boot Manager/Loader

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help Restoring Windows 10 Boot Manager/Loader: Last week I was considering switching to Linux OS from Microsoft 10. I downloaded it and tried it out for about a week. Turns out I do not like Linux that much and would like to switch back. So, I deleted Linux from my machine but that created an issue. I now have Linux boot...
  6. Recover deleted boot partition

Recover deleted boot partition: I accidentally deleted all partitions on an SSD including the one a Windows install was on. I've recovered the partitions using Partition Assistant and all the data/partitions are there, but the SSD is no longer bootable - it just goes straight to the 'Windows could not...
  7. Deleted one boot partition

Deleted one boot partition: Hi, I am hoping someone can help with a simple solution? I used to have 2 bootable Windows 10 partitions on the same hard disk, as I needed two totally separate logins/operating systems. When booting, I was asked which one I wanted to boot from and all was good....
  8. Boot Loader

in Windows 10 Support
    Boot Loader: I have a HP Z220 workstation (got it off of Amazon), and I'm so interested in booting off of a M.2 SSD. I found a paper on this called Clover-EFI bootloader method, and it sounds like it works. Here's my problem, I do know a little bit about programming, but not familiar with...
  9. Possible Boot Loader Corruption

Possible Boot Loader Corruption: I have a Dual Boot Windows 10 Desktop (or did have) with one hard drive. The primary partition is Windows 10 - 1 (C) and the scondary partiton is Windows 10 - 2 (E). I booted normally this morning and ran disk cleaning and defrag software which is normal. Earlier I...
  10. dual boot - boot loader not always loaded

dual boot - boot loader not always loaded: Hello! I got a problem with my Windows 10 / Windows 7 dual boot system. The boot loader does not come up every time. It depends on what I did before. Shut down Windows 10 -> boot loader does not show up on next boot and Windows 10 boots up. Reboot Windows 10 -> boot...