Windows 10: help with booting from usb. Really need some help

Discus and support help with booting from usb. Really need some help in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; hey guys! just found this subreddit and needed some help with booting from usb. Our old laptop has finally gone mad, and we're trying to re install... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Sachinator13, Jun 26, 2020.

1. help with booting from usb. Really need some help

hey guys! just found this subreddit and needed some help with booting from usb.

Our old laptop has finally gone mad, and we're trying to re install windows onto it again. Ive already downloaded the media installer and stuff onto a 16 GB USB, which I have plugged into the old laptop, but when I spam f9 and try to get it to boot from USB, there are 2 options that have USB in the name.

USB hard drive(UEFI)- Generic Flash disc 8.07

USB hard drive - Generic Flash Disk 8.07

No matter which one I boot into, it says loading files, and then has a blurry hp logo on the right hand side, and then has the loading symbol continually go on.

Even If I enable legacy settings and try to boot into safe mode from f8, It does the same thing. Sadly cant get any pictures rn, but if you guys have any solutions, that would be epic!

I cant remeber the exact name of the laptop, but it s a pavillion laptpo from hp, has 8gb of ram, 1tb of had, beats audio and has a hp hexa core.

Thanks in advance guys!

submitted by /u/Sachinator13
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Sachinator13, Jun 26, 2020
  2. D-rock Win User

Help with USB Boot Image

I am trying to boot from my USB flash drive. I followed the instructions step for step that are in the article on this website. I downloaded the HP program and the USB Image zip file. I ran the HP flash program and pointed it to the folder where I unzipped the USB Image files to. I then copied all the files over to the USB memory stick as instructed. When I restart my computer and press F12 to go to the boot menu I have 3 options: SATA hard drive, CD-ROM drive, or USB Device. So I choose USB device and when it reads the USB memory stick all I get is the error "Non-system disk, replace and hit any key" Its like the USB memory is missing some system files or it doesnt have the master boot record or something. Somebody please HELP!!! I want to flash the bios in a new video card and I have to boot to DOS and I dont have a floppy drive and I have Win XP so a USB boot is probably the best option I have.

D-rock, Jun 26, 2020
  3. help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Jun 26, 2020
  4. D-rock Win User

help with booting from usb. Really need some help

Help with USB Boot Image

Yes, I checked the box and showed it the folder where I unzipped the USB Image file. And then it started formatting the USB memory. Then after it completed I copied the rest of the files from the zip file over to the memory stick. Then tried to boot computer to the USB device. After restarting I press F12 to enter the boot menu and select USB Device from the list and it reads the USB memory cause the green light flashes but I get the Non-system disk error message.

D-rock, Jun 26, 2020
Thema:

help with booting from usb. Really need some help

1. help with booting from usb. Really need some help - Similar Threads - help booting usb

2. I really need help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I really need help: Can anyone help me please I have been struggling with this laptop for over a year I can't turn on my wifi I even bought a USB modem hsdpa to be exact but when I put it in it's says no usim and says authenticating then disconnects can anyone help...
  3. I really need help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I really need help: Can anyone help me please I have been struggling with this laptop for over a year I can't turn on my wifi I even bought a USB modem hsdpa to be exact but when I put it in it's says no usim and says authenticating then disconnects can anyone help...
  4. Really need a help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Really need a help: Hi, I'm having a problem. I can't run almost any files or run as administrator, it says this request is not supported.And a few days ago, this problem started about a few weeks ago I couldn't launch the setting too.I was trying to fix this because I wanted to play a video...
  5. Really need a help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Really need a help: Hi, I'm having a problem. I can't run almost any files or run as administrator, it says this request is not supported.And a few days ago, this problem started about a few weeks ago I couldn't launch the setting too.I was trying to fix this because I wanted to play a video...
  6. I really need help!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I really need help!: Hi everyone, i recently started my laptop and it said that EFI\Microsoft\Boot\BCD Is missing or contains errors. I even tried to boot from usb but that thing still pops up and when i try to boot from CD, my computer restarts and...
  7. Need some helpful help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need some helpful help: So I was trying to download an editing software, on my Window 10, but I couldn't install it because I was missing opencl.dll, but I found the opencl.dll in File Explorer, so i dragged it in the System32 file. But now i faced with a new problem. My new problem is "the...
  8. I really really really need help with this

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I really really really need help with this: Hey i accidentally switched to a microsoft account instead of local on my laptop (windows 10, im pretty sure its the latest version) and just so happened to turn off my computer some time afterwards but i dont remember my microsoft password, it shows the reset password option...
  9. Need help booting via USB

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Need help booting via USB: Can anyone help me? I was stuck in an Automatic Repair Booting loop in Windows 10. So I tried using a Windows 10 usb to boot. It did boot but it did not fix my problem. I tried command prompt but nothing happened, I always returned to Automatic Startup. If its any information...
  10. I really need help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I really need help: This is kind of long, but here goes. So one day, I forcefully shut down my PC because my ram was acting up and I blue screened. I shut it down, but when it turned back on, it was saying that it was it was preparing automatic repair, and I thought, ok, whatever, its cool...