Windows 10: Help with booting windows from new SSD

Discus and support Help with booting windows from new SSD in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Dear all, I recently bought a new SSD with the intention to run Windows and other programs from it, because my old HDD became terribly slow.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by FlorisB95, Sep 27, 2018.

1. FlorisB95 Win User

Help with booting windows from new SSD

Dear all,

I recently bought a new SSD with the intention to run Windows and other programs from it, because my old HDD became terribly slow.

Setting it up turned out to be a little more difficult than expected. There's a lot of information on this topic available but I haven't been able to find definitive answers to my questions.

First of all, just how should I go about this? Unplugging old HDD, plugging in the SSD and restart/reinstall? Will the files stay on my HDD? If easier, I'm willing to just completely wipe everything, since most of my important files are in the cloud and on a different laptop. I mainly use this PC for gaming.

I read that Windows can be installed on the new drive without a problem, but in 2013, I bought Windows 8.1 Pro and upgraded to Windows 10 after, however Windows 10 is not free anymore now.. Can I still upgrade to Windows 10 after reinstalling? Also, I only have a product key, no usb/cd with installation program.. Does this matter? If so, how do I get a usb/cd with an installation program?

Hope one of you can help me out!

Floris

:)

FlorisB95, Sep 27, 2018

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Sep 27, 2018
  3. A-Data Ships XPG SX95 and S592 SSDs with New Windows 7 TRIM Firmware

Hmm somethings a miss there, namely the fact there are only 3 features listed twice *Roll Eyes Help with booting windows from new SSD :rolleyes:

InTeL-iNsIdE, Sep 27, 2018
  4. Help with booting windows from new SSD

New ssd not booting up, please help

Hello everyone,

I recently bought a new ssd and installed it into my laptop. I then cloned all my data from my old hard drive onto the new ssd. However, when I tried booting up from my ssd, it said bootmgr is missing. I can boot up from my old hard drive just fine, and
    the exact same files are on the ssd. My hard drive is unbearably slow to boot up from. Please help.

MahirRahman, Sep 27, 2018
Thema:

Help with booting windows from new SSD

1. Help with booting windows from new SSD - Similar Threads - Help booting SSD

2. Help with new ssd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help with new ssd: I got a new ssd for my hp omen laptop and I put the recovery USB drive in the computer, it gets to 6% with the recovery then blue screens and auto reboots saying the reason is ntfs.sys...
  3. Help with new ssd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help with new ssd: I got a new ssd for my hp omen laptop and I put the recovery USB drive in the computer, it gets to 6% with the recovery then blue screens and auto reboots saying the reason is ntfs.sys...
  4. Windows 10 won't boot from New SSD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 won't boot from New SSD: I recently installed an SSD Barracuda 120 in my computer, I kept my original HDD as a secondary drive for storage, this morning after 3 days of normal use, the SSD won't boot into Windows and I'm getting a BSOD Strttrail.txt Error, Windows is not able to repair it and it...
  5. Windows won't boot from my new ssd

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows won't boot from my new ssd: I got a new ssd and cloned my old ssd(boot drive) to my new one. My computer wouldn't want to use it as a default boot drive so I booted windows on a disc and repaired the mrb but it still doesn't work. Does anyone else have any ideas and what to do next? submitted by...
  6. Can't get windows to boot from new ssd

Can't get windows to boot from new ssd: I've transferred everything to my new ssd using macrium reflect, however when I changed the primary boot drive to my new ssd it my pc will not boot and asks me to go back into bios and select a boot device, any help would be appreciated thanks. (sorry if this isn't the right...
  7. New SSD is not an option to boot from

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New SSD is not an option to boot from: I have a MSI B450 Gaming pro wifi max which has 2 M.2 slots on the board. I started by installing one in M2_1 and that booted fine had it for about a month. I then wanted to change things up (long story) so I bought another SSD exactly the same. The new SSD was placed in M2_2...
  8. booting to ssd help

booting to ssd help: i have a computer with several drives. I have windows 10 Enterprise version 1803 booting on my 1TB HDD. It is getting full and i want to boot to my 125gb SSD and have just windows on it because its a little slow and windows forces an update every week and it breaks my entire...
  9. New M2.SSD Clone SSD won't boot Help

New M2.SSD Clone SSD won't boot Help: Hi all, I have bought a new M2.SSD. I have used Macrium reflect softwer to clone my SSD to My new M2.SSD,I have cloned all the partitions but unfortunately My PC won't boot up I Have change it on The Bios and selected as first drive to boot from but still won't boot As...
  10. Windows not booting from ssd

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows not booting from ssd: I've had windows installed on my ssd for half a year without having any trouble with it but now it doesn't find windows on it anymore. It is like it was deleted from it as it in the bios shows up as a new empty ssd but when I try to install a new version on it, it doesn't...