Windows 10: Help with BSOD errors every hour

Discus and support Help with BSOD errors every hour in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello Microsoft community, I have been trying to fix a an issue on my machine for weeks, going through multiple forums, but no luck so far. Details... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Christian Chénard-Lemire, Dec 20, 2020.

1. Help with BSOD errors every hour

Hello Microsoft community,

I have been trying to fix a an issue on my machine for weeks, going through multiple forums, but no luck so far.

Details are below. I'm mostly trying to nail down the source of the issue hardware, driver, BIOS, other?

If anyone has ideas, please share.

I will update this if I find a resolution.

Symptoms:

• BSOD error almost exactly 1 hour after boot, every time I boot. Same behavior in Safe mode, if I don't log in, if I do nothing or if I use the computer. 1 hour after I boot the computer, it crashes.
    • BSOD is unable to write a dump file stays at 0%. I tried many things to try to get a dump or Minidump, tried all the different settings in Startup and Recovery, but can never get a dump to be created.
    • BSOD message vary between: critical process died, unexpected store exception, KERNEL DATA INPAGE ERROR, SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION. I cannot discern any patterns on why it shows one error over another.

System details:

• Windows 10 Pro 1909 x64
    • Intel i7-2600 8 cores
    • 16 GB RAM
    • 60 GB SSD drive for OS
    • 1 TB HDD for user documents
    • 4 TB HDD for manual backups no RAID
    • 2 x NVIDIA GeForce GT 520
    • ASRock P67 Extreme4 motherboard

What I tried:

• Full windows re-install from completely formatted disk
    • Full windows update to 1909
    • Update all drivers, including graphics and drives
    • Remove startup and scheduled tasks, including OneDrive
      • Disabled MicrosoftEdgeUpdateTaskMachineUA task hourly task
    • Remove each 4GB RAM card one by one
    • Remove each graphic card, one by one
    • Checkdisk: no errors
    • CrystalDisk: no errors and good disk health
    • sfc/scannow multiple consecutive times with reboots in between, no errors
    • System file check
    • Automatic paging
    • Making paging file size 24 - 36GB because I have 16GB RAM, currently sitting at 23.4 GB weird thing is that Windows put it at default of 2.9 GB
    • Update motherboard BIOS, but failed. This is the board: http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/P67%20Extreme4/#BIOS

The only thing I didn't try that I resent is to use another drive for the OS. I have 3 drives SSD for OS, 1TB drive for documents and 4TB drive for manual backups, no RAID. Since chkdisk and CrystalDisk show no error or health issues, I don't think it's a drive issue, but I might be wrong.

Other hypothesis:

• Blown capacitor: visual inspection shows nothing wrong.

Any other ideas to try, please let me know.

Thank you!

:)

Christian Chénard-Lemire, Dec 20, 2020
  2. Kursah Win User

BSOD - Registry Error

Your BSOD code is 0X000000051

Here's the Google search I did for it: https://www.google.com/search?q=0x0...j5.399j0j7&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=122&ie=UTF-8

There is a hotfix available that might help, https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/810558

This thread makes a few good suggestions too: http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-hel...dows-7-pro-sp1-registry-error-0x00000051.html

+1 to listing your full system specs, OS version, etc. I did only look at your BSOD log file.

Run a Diskchk /R (I know you already ran one, so you can skip this)

Run SFC /SCANNOW

Report back.

Kursah, Dec 20, 2020
  3. Getting BSOD 0x124 error

Ignore what everone said here.

0x124 BSOD is usually related to VCCIO (VTT), run Prime95 version 26.6 with custom sizes of 512K to 640K with 50% of your memory for at least 8 hours.

If you get a 0x124 BSOD, increase VCCIO voltage by small steps, run Prime95 again until your stable.

If you pass Prime95 512K to 640K without a BSOD, then its Vcore too low. I'd suggest running IntelBurnTest with 80% of your memory to verify stability (8 to 12 hours).

Oh, and yeah, if this problem appeared all of the sudden, the reason is CPU degradation, you can prevent it by enabling C-States or adjust your overclock to use lower voltages.

Regeneration, Dec 20, 2020
  4. Help with BSOD errors every hour

BSOD Help Needed.

Making it through 24 hours of Prime means you're most likely ok. I would do an hour of IntelBurnTest and a complete pass of MemTest x86 just to be on the safe side (Prime doesn't stress RAM as much as memtest). If you still have BSODs then you're most likely not chasing a hardware issue. At that point I would suggest looking into some Windows 7 forums and finding their BSOD-specific section and uploading your dump file for their gurus to look at. They could help you far more than I, I'm afraid. TPU may have such a board.

But hopefully you're in the clear. *Rockout :rockout:

Freedom4556, Dec 20, 2020
Thema:

Help with BSOD errors every hour

1. Help with BSOD errors every hour - Similar Threads - Help BSOD errors

2. Random BSOD every few hours

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random BSOD every few hours: My computer crashes intermittently even if I'm not there doing anything and it's asleep every once in a while, I don't know what's causing it. The error code reads 139, so following instructions I found on here and used the Driver Verifier, crashing as a result of it, then...
  3. Random BSOD every few hours

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random BSOD every few hours: My computer crashes intermittently even if I'm not there doing anything and it's asleep every once in a while, I don't know what's causing it. The error code reads 139, so following instructions I found on here and used the Driver Verifier, crashing as a result of it, then...
  4. BSOD every 30 minutes to an hour

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD every 30 minutes to an hour: Hi! for the past 24 hours, my laptop Lenovo Ideapad S145 with Ryzen 5 and 12GB of RAM, Windows 11 Home has been getting the BSOD, although it usually just freezes with some artifacts on the screen for a split second. This happen every 45 minutes or so, and the laptop will...
  5. BSOD every 30 minutes to an hour

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD every 30 minutes to an hour: Hi! for the past 24 hours, my laptop Lenovo Ideapad S145 with Ryzen 5 and 12GB of RAM, Windows 11 Home has been getting the BSOD, although it usually just freezes with some artifacts on the screen for a split second. This happen every 45 minutes or so, and the laptop will...
  6. BSOD Reference_By_Pointer every hour occurence

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Reference_By_Pointer every hour occurence: Hello Microsoft Community,Thanks for reading. Here are as many details I can provide. My solution so far: upgrade Windows to version 20H2Have not yet run Memory Diagnostic tool within the administrative tools.This is a dental PC but does not acquire images with special tools...
  7. BSODs Every Few Hours

BSODs Every Few Hours: Hello, my laptop has been having various BSODs throughout this year. In a day it can restart once every two hours. The most common errors are memory management, unexpected store exception, kernel data inpage error, critical process died, bad system config info and invalid...
  8. BSOD every few hours

BSOD every few hours: Hello Community, i'm pretty well tech educated but i am running into some issues with a pc built for my uncle that is experiencing frequent blue screens of death. But we are having issues figuring out which hardware component or driver is failing. The Error/BSOD:...
  9. Various BSOD errors 2 or 3 times every hour

Various BSOD errors 2 or 3 times every hour: Hi everybody. I;m new here so I hope I'm getting this right. I have a Samsung Book 9 pro, 1 year old. It's been fine up until a month or so ago and it started blue screening a couple of times an hour, which is obviously driving me crazy. Unfortunately it's not always the...
  10. BSOD every hour

BSOD every hour: Would like to find out why I am blue screening . Thanks. 72866