Windows 10: Help with changes in MSCONFIG Selective Startup

Discus and support Help with changes in MSCONFIG Selective Startup in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I went into MSCONFIG - changed to Selective Startup in System Configuration. Now I am trying to change back to Normal- the apply button wont highlight... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SuzanneGrimmer, Oct 9, 2018.

1. Help with changes in MSCONFIG Selective Startup

I went into MSCONFIG - changed to Selective Startup in System Configuration. Now I am trying to change back to Normal- the apply button wont highlight for use

Help with changes in MSCONFIG Selective Startup [​IMG]

:)

SuzanneGrimmer, Oct 9, 2018
  2. PaulHP22 Win User

MSCONFIG defaults to selective startup

This is a new computer. Has updated since installation. MSCONFIG can't stay set at "normal" startup. Continually defaults to "selective". Have tried suggested Microsoft fix. Does not work. Any suggestions?

PaulHP22, Oct 9, 2018
  3. cannot return to normal startup in MSCONFIG after running it in diagnostic startup.

Hi Gary,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand you are not able to boot to in normal mode. Sorry for the inconvenience this has caused.

Did you follow the below steps to enable the Normal startup?

• Press Windows + R keys from the Keyboard.
    • Type msconfig and hit Enter.
    • Click on the General tab.
    • Select the Normal startup option.
    • Click on Apply and Ok.
    • Restart the system and check.
    If yes, you may follow the below steps to check if the computer boots to selective startup:

• Press Windows + R keys from the Keyboard.
    • Type msconfig and hit Enter.
    • Select the General tab.
    • Select the Selective startup option, check the box for load startup services, load startup items, use original boot configuration will be enabled.
    • Restart the computer.
    If it boots successfully to selective startup then you can boot to normal startup from selective startup.

Please check the above scenario and get back with the results.

Thank you.

Deepak Kodi, Oct 9, 2018
  4. Laith Win User

Help with changes in MSCONFIG Selective Startup

MSConfig & Selective Startup

So msconfig is driving me nuts as whenever i just click normal or diagonstic boot it reverts to selective startup. I had this issue in Windows 7 and i fixed it somehow. Any help?

Laith, Oct 9, 2018
Thema:

Help with changes in MSCONFIG Selective Startup

1. Help with changes in MSCONFIG Selective Startup - Similar Threads - Help changes MSCONFIG

2. MSCONFIG: Startup selection always reverting to selective after setting it to normal

in Windows 10 Customization
    MSCONFIG: Startup selection always reverting to selective after setting it to normal: In System Configuration, the Startup selection is set to selective and whenever I apply, it keeps on reverting to selective. I need this changed because I need normal for it to start my device drivers because I need to manually do it, and it gets really annoyingto have to do...
  3. Changing startup selections

Changing startup selections: When I run "msconfig" without administrator privileges, the "selective startup" option is chosen, and "Load system services" and "Load system items" boxes are ticked. Whenever I try to change any options, it would revert when I close the window and run it again. When I run it...
  4. Windows 10 stuck in Selective Startup mode in MSCONFIG

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 stuck in Selective Startup mode in MSCONFIG: System Configuration Utility, popularly known as MSCONFIG, allows you to configure the startup behavior of Windows. It allows users to troubleshoot the load time, stability, and performance problems. It has been reported that Windows 10 gets stuck in Selective Startup, which...
  5. What is a Selective Startup? How to run selective startup using MSCONFIG in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    What is a Selective Startup? How to run selective startup using MSCONFIG in Windows 10: When Windows boots up, it loads up files along with it and also starts services and launches applications that are registered with it when the user logs into his account. At times, some rogue applications may cause a slow boot or make Windows stuck in the middle of the...
  6. Msconfig is selective not normal

Msconfig is selective not normal: I have tried to set to normal by applying but it reverts to selective. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/msconfig-is-selective-not-normal/4f88e2be-a92d-4996-a591-7e170852ec2b
  7. Windows Keeps Selecting Selective Startup In MSconfig Rather Than Normal Startup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Keeps Selecting Selective Startup In MSconfig Rather Than Normal Startup: why does windows keep selecting selective startup rather than normal startup, when it picks selective startup it stops me from being able to launch certain programs as it disables most of them submitted by /u/DGW04 [link] [comments]...
  8. Changed msconfig selective startup, pc won’t start anymore

Changed msconfig selective startup, pc won’t start anymore: I changed my selective startup in msconfig, restarted my pc, and now im stuck on the blue Choose an option screen and can not get to safe mode. If i try to get to safe mdoe it goes to performing automatic repairs. Ive researched the issue for a few hours and have found no...
  9. MSCONFIG/General/ Selective startup

in Windows 10 Support
    MSCONFIG/General/ Selective startup: I can't get my PC to do a normal start up. When I select normal start up in MSCONFIG and hit apply and boot it reverts to Selective start up. However everything appears to be working normally. I'm not sure if it is or if it is actually doing a Selective start up. Any ideas?...
  10. MSConfig & Selective Startup

in Windows 10 Support
    MSConfig & Selective Startup: So msconfig is driving me nuts as whenever i just click normal or diagonstic boot it reverts to selective startup. I had this issue in Windows 7 and i fixed it somehow. Any help? 9138

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why does selective startup have a highlighted box

2. windows 10 selective startup

3. changed msconfig to normal startup from selective startup no longer boots

4. system config normal or selective startup how to change it