Windows 10: Help with choosing a new GPU

Discus and support Help with choosing a new GPU in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; HI , i have been running a Nvidia geforce wind force 1060 3g, thru a 27" 1920 x 1080 monitor. I have upgraded to a aoc agon 31.5 2560 x 1440 monitor.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by markfresh, Jun 20, 2019.

1. markfresh Win User

Help with choosing a new GPU

HI , i have been running a Nvidia geforce wind force 1060 3g, thru a 27" 1920 x 1080 monitor.

I have upgraded to a aoc agon 31.5 2560 x 1440 monitor.

The 1060 struggles with the new monitor by alot of fps on games like shadow of the tomb raider , and i even had to turn world of warcraft settings down from 9/10 to 6/10.

On shadow its mainly a lack of fps (was in game benchmarking 60fps , now 39 fps).

I would love something like the rtx 2060 , but for 1 i'm on a budget, and 2 my monitors ( the 27" and 31.5) both have freesync which i have read is well worth using.

So what would be an AMD card that is between the 1060 and 2060 in both performance and price ( here in australia a 2060 is about $650 au, and a 1060 $295 ) ,

so looking at $400-$500 au.

I could play shadow and world of warcraft on high to ultra settings without much problem , just looking for something that will do the same on my 1440.

And also is freesync all its cracked up to be ? or would i stay with nvidia?

Thanks Mark

:)

markfresh, Jun 20, 2019
  2. drdeathx Win User

Help choosing a new case

Don't really know how to help you. You are being vague. Here is what I would do. Choosing a case is aesthetics first. Shop NewEgg and list the cases you like and list them. Members will suggest the best choice from your selections.

drdeathx, Jun 20, 2019
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jun 20, 2019
  4. Help with choosing a new GPU

Help me choose an mATX AM2 board

I wasn't really asking for new suggestions. Would like input on the boards I listed.

GJSNeptune, Jun 20, 2019
Thema:

Help with choosing a new GPU

1. Help with choosing a new GPU - Similar Threads - Help choosing GPU

2. Help choosing a new laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help choosing a new laptop.: I am buying a new laptop to replace my Dell Inspiron. I have owned the Dell for nine years. T is very slow even after having someone service it. I am not very computer savvy but want something that is fast and will last a while. My wife and I are in our 70s and don’t want to...
  3. Help choosing a new laptop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help choosing a new laptop.: I am buying a new laptop to replace my Dell Inspiron. I have owned the Dell for nine years. T is very slow even after having someone service it. I am not very computer savvy but want something that is fast and will last a while. My wife and I are in our 70s and don’t want to...
  4. Help choosing a secondary HDD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Help choosing a secondary HDD: I have a Samsung SSD 850 Pro 256GB SATA (love this thing) as a boot drive and a 1TB Toshiba HDD for storage and every thing else. I need a bigger secondary HDD. Is there an advantage to a hybrid drive like the Seagate FireCuda as a secondary drive? Any suggestions? Thanks in...
  5. Help choosing laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help choosing laptop: Hello, I am currently looking for a new laptop ($1000 or less) and found 2 computers one that I will be referring to as MSI (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/msi-alpha-15-gaming-laptop/8mv2z3w4774l?activetab=pivot:overviewtab) and the other one that I will be referring to as...
  6. How to choose preferred GPU for programs?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    How to choose preferred GPU for programs?: Hi, I currently have 2 GPUs in my system. In the first slot is a RX 570 and in the second slot is a RTX 2080. I use the RX 570 as a display output, and I want to configure windows so that low power tasks are done on my RX 570, and high power tasks such as video rendering...
  7. Help me a choose an ssd.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help me a choose an ssd.: Hi. I'm planning to buy an ssd to speedup my laptop which still runs on an hdd. I found several choices in my local media center, they're: kingston uv400, kingston a400, toshiba tr200 and sandisk sdssda-480g-g26. Which is best?. I wanted to buy a sandisk but they no longer...
  8. Help choosing a gaming laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help choosing a gaming laptop?: Hi guys, I'm looking at a few gaming laptops, and I'm having trouble deciding between a Razer and a Gigabyte laptop. These are the two I'm looking at: Razer Blade Pro 17.3in 120Hz FHD Intel Core i7-7700HQ Gaming Laptop GTX1080 1TB SSD | Wireless 1 Gigabyte AORUS X7 v7...
  9. Advice on Choosing a new HDD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Advice on Choosing a new HDD: Hi there people! I'm beggining my hunt for a new HDD for my recent laptop, the toshiba it currently has is good, but sometimes hurts performance (8 MB cache and 5400 RPM), specially when processing big files on Clip Studio or Photoshop, so I decided that, since my warranty...
  10. GPU - The Core Basics for Choosing One

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    GPU - The Core Basics for Choosing One: How to: GPU - The Core Basics for Choosing One Choosing a GPU - The Core Basics [img] Information There are many factors to take into consideration these days when choosing a GPU. With the myriad of hardware combinations and multiple versions of numerous cards...