Windows 10: Help with clean install

Discus and support Help with clean install in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi guys so I have just built my first PC with the following specs - i5 9600k @ 3.7Ghz MSI Z390-A Pro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard Crucial Ballistix 16GB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Rokeh_DE, May 4, 2020.

1. Help with clean install

Hi guys so I have just built my first PC with the following specs -

i5 9600k @ 3.7Ghz MSI Z390-A Pro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard Crucial Ballistix 16GB RAM WD Blue 500Gb NVMe SSD Toshiba P300 3TB SSD GeForce RTX 2080 Super 8GB Silverstone Essential 750W 80+ Gold PSU

First of all, I was having issues getting in bios turned out my RAM was faulty, received new RAM today and was able to boot into bios. Tried to install windows to both SSD and HDD but gives different blue screen error messages every time, I have tried using another USB device, another USB port and Rufus rather than creation tool. But I’m still having issues. Any help would be appreciated

Thank you

submitted by /u/Rokeh_DE
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Rokeh_DE, May 4, 2020

2. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, May 4, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, May 4, 2020
  4. Help with clean install

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, May 4, 2020
Thema:

Help with clean install

1. Help with clean install - Similar Threads - Help clean install

2. Help installing clean windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help installing clean windows 11: Hello, I am unable to install a clean version of windows 11 on my computer after receiving a BSOD and REGISTRY_ERROR. I have created a bootable flash drive and followed steps from other guides up until selecting my partition for the windows installation and now I receive the...
  3. Help installing clean windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help installing clean windows 11: Hello, I am unable to install a clean version of windows 11 on my computer after receiving a BSOD and REGISTRY_ERROR. I have created a bootable flash drive and followed steps from other guides up until selecting my partition for the windows installation and now I receive the...
  4. Windows clean install not working, help!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows clean install not working, help!: I am trying to do a clean install, but I get this message Thanks in advance https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-clean-install-not-working-help/b711f59d-13fe-40f7-baa2-04a58279ad62
  5. Help on a clean install of Win 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help on a clean install of Win 11: I had a PC running Win 10 of a SSD. The PC started to give me problems and eventually determined that it was the SSD. I attempted to Download Win 10 but was told I couldn't so I decided to get a new SSD and install Win !!. Perhaps I went about it the wrong way and instead of...
  6. [HELP] Need to clean install windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [HELP] Need to clean install windows: Hi all, I got new laptop where windows 10 is activated. Now I want clean install windows 10. Without losing windows 10 activation how can I do this ? Also wanted to complete wipe c drive data and keep other drive data as it is? Please guide me submitted by /u/Santhire55...
  7. Clean Install help

Clean Install help: I was following the clean install without external device procedures. I shrunk my c:/ , and created a new partition. Now I have 2 extra partitions I didnt create. And something had went wrong with diskpart because when I ran the for diskpart or chkdsk I get an error saying...
  8. Clean Installation of Windows 10 help

Clean Installation of Windows 10 help: Hello, I am trying to perform a clean install of Windows 10. My PC originally came with Windows 8 and was upgraded when Windows 10 was offered for free. My device is linked with my Microsoft account so my product key is secure. I have read tutorials that I should delete...
  9. Clean Installation of Windows 10 help

Clean Installation of Windows 10 help: Hello, I am trying to perform a clean install of Windows 10. My PC originally came with Windows 8 and was upgraded when Windows 10 was offered for free. My device is linked with my Microsoft account so my product key is secure. I have read tutorials that I should delete...
  10. Clean install from usb help

Clean install from usb help: I have purchased Windows 10 home to do a clean install. I am able to boot from the usb and select custom for a clean install and seems to be setting up ok but when it get to the end it wants to go through the whole set up again. Can anybody help please? 87696