Windows 10: Help with command folder with key name in registry

Discus and support Help with command folder with key name in registry in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi All, I have been annoyed with an entry "Backup using FileFort Backup" on the File Folders right click drop down menu, I would think left when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Whatsisname, Jul 15, 2020.

1. Help with command folder with key name in registry

Hi All,
    I have been annoyed with an entry "Backup using FileFort Backup" on the File Folders right click drop down menu, I would think left when evaluating different backup apps.
    I searched the registry HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\ and found the key name entry folder, there is a command line sub folder with it. I am unsure if it is safe to delete the key name as the the command line folder will be automatically deleted as well.
    Is this OK to delete too, I think that it probably is but I am nervous of meddling with the registry.
    Please answer with a definitively correct answer and not a hunch.
    Thankyou
    Win 10 Home v 1909

:)

Whatsisname, Jul 15, 2020
  2. Naki Win User

GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Suggestion: /? (-?) and /help (-help) command-line arguments to show a list of all possible arguments in a small window. *Smile Help with command folder with key name in registry :)

3. ryanly Win User
    GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Current /? (-?) or / help (-help) parameter is invalid

ryanly, Jul 15, 2020
  4. Help with command folder with key name in registry

User Account folder name

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with changing the folder name under Users folder in Windows 10.

I suggest you to perform the below steps and check if it helps.

1. Open the File Explorer and double click on C drive.

2. Open Users folder from the list.

3. Click on the user name folder and then tap on F2 Key.

4. Change the name of the folder and hit on Enter Key.

5. It will ask for Administrator Permission and click on Ok.

6. Folder name will be changed.

Get back to us if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Jul 15, 2020
Thema:

Help with command folder with key name in registry

1. Help with command folder with key name in registry - Similar Threads - Help command folder

2. Help with malware registry key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help with malware registry key: There is a registry key called "DrearyCoroEconomics" which I am 99% sure is malware as I am told by my antivirus, and so far I have been able to disable the service, but it refuses to let me take over authority of the registry key and will not let me delete it or any subkeys....
  3. Help with malware registry key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help with malware registry key: There is a registry key called "DrearyCoroEconomics" which I am 99% sure is malware as I am told by my antivirus, and so far I have been able to disable the service, but it refuses to let me take over authority of the registry key and will not let me delete it or any subkeys....
  4. Removing registry entries based on key name values

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing registry entries based on key name values: I am trying to remove unwanted flight simulator files from my registry. These amount to literally thousands of files containing scenery, texture, model and other information, but doing so manually, file by file takes days.All the files have different keys, but their group...
  5. Removing registry entries based on key name values

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removing registry entries based on key name values: I am trying to remove unwanted flight simulator files from my registry. These amount to literally thousands of files containing scenery, texture, model and other information, but doing so manually, file by file takes days.All the files have different keys, but their group...
  6. Delete registry key in user shell folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Delete registry key in user shell folders: After renaming my User account, my user shell folders all messed up due to OneDrive and I have these two additional folders that are not the default user folders.How can I delete them safely? is it as simple as pressing delete?...
  7. Root folder update name and registry references

in Windows 10 Customization
    Root folder update name and registry references: Hello, First of all let me point out that I have tried this: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/how-to-change-username-on-pc-located-in-cusers-in/ed70f119-0dd3-422f-a3f9-6dcff3a2bcad Perhaps it should be noted I only have Windows...
  8. Registry help - remove sub key

in Windows 10 Support
    Registry help - remove sub key: Hello. I am looking for help with proper syntax in editing a saved .reg file. (Windows10x64) I know that by placing a "-" in front of a key deletes the entire key, but what syntax is used to delete a specific part of a sub key only? ...being the ".jpg"="PBrush" part. Here...
  9. Accidentally deleted Command Processor folder in Registry Editor

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Accidentally deleted Command Processor folder in Registry Editor: In an attempt to follow a fix for an issue I was having with the command prompt, I accidentally deleted the Command Processor folder in registry editor. The command prompt still works, but I've lost the autocomplete function. How do I restore this folder? It was located:...
  10. Registry keys registry keys

in Windows 10 Customization
    Registry keys registry keys: Where can I customize the file type/extension icon? John 137822