Windows 10: Help with command prompt

Discus and support Help with command prompt in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Someone stopped responding to me on another question so I need an answer quick. I was following a guide in a thread and got stuck after I booted with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Nathan Petruny, Aug 6, 2022.

1. Help with command prompt

Someone stopped responding to me on another question so I need an answer quick. I was following a guide in a thread and got stuck after I booted with usb. I’m at a part where I’m in the command prompt and need to enter my user and the net user command but I really have no idea what to do when it says enter user because I have nowhere to enter it. Help with a step by step on telling me what to type or where to go please. I’m so close to being able to get a new account after it corrupted and couldn’t make a new one easily because of settings and the windows search bar not working.

:)

Nathan Petruny, Aug 6, 2022
  2. cwtech Win User

command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

Would I just follow the same steps within safe mode after hooking up to the other system?

cwtech, Aug 6, 2022
  3. Naki Win User
    GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Suggestion: /? (-?) and /help (-help) command-line arguments to show a list of all possible arguments in a small window. *Smile Help with command prompt :)

Naki, Aug 6, 2022
  4. Bree Win User

Help with command prompt

Installation media boots to command prompt

I've just booted from known working install media to see exactly what it does when booting. The sequence of events is...

1. Windows logo on a black screen
    2. circling dots appear beneath the logo
    3. light blue 'Please wait' screen with circling dots
    4. a command prompt window (very briefly)
    5. the initial Setup page appears

Do you see steps 1-3? If so, it appears you have stopped at step 4, suggesting that something on the disc cannot be read.

Does the disc boot properly in another machine? If so, try cleaning the laptop's drive lens then try booting from the disc again.

If not, make new install media with Microsoft's Media Creation Tool, either as a bootable USB, on an ISO that you can burn to another disc. At Step 8 in Option One of this tutorial you can choose between making a USB or an ISO.

Download Windows 10 ISO File

Bree, Aug 6, 2022
Thema:

Help with command prompt

1. Help with command prompt - Similar Threads - Help command prompt

2. Win11 Command prompt help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win11 Command prompt help: Just upgraded to win11I'm having a problem with black squares in front of my desktop icons.I discovered that by doing a disc cleanup with the thumbnails checked on, after rebooting, it solved the problem... but unless I do that each and every time, the squares reappear.I...
  3. Win11 Command prompt help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win11 Command prompt help: Just upgraded to win11I'm having a problem with black squares in front of my desktop icons.I discovered that by doing a disc cleanup with the thumbnails checked on, after rebooting, it solved the problem... but unless I do that each and every time, the squares reappear.I...
  4. Help with command prompt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help with command prompt: Someone stopped responding to me on another question so I need an answer quick. I was following a guide in a thread and got stuck after I booted with usb. I’m at a part where I’m in the command prompt and need to enter my user and the net user command but I really have no...
  5. Help with command prompt

Help with command prompt: Someone stopped responding to me on another question so I need an answer quick. I was following a guide in a thread and got stuck after I booted with usb. I’m at a part where I’m in the command prompt and need to enter my user and the net user command but I really have no...
  6. Command Prompt Help Shutdown Command

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Command Prompt Help Shutdown Command: Hi. I need hlepWhenever I use Command Prompt for the shutdown /m command, it doesn't work. When I put in my own device name, it actually works. But when I am shutting down another laptop, it doesn't work. It always says this,The entered computer name is not valid or remote...
  7. Command Prompt Help Shutdown Command

Command Prompt Help Shutdown Command: Hi. I need hlepWhenever I use Command Prompt for the shutdown /m command, it doesn't work. When I put in my own device name, it actually works. But when I am shutting down another laptop, it doesn't work. It always says this,The entered computer name is not valid or remote...
  8. Help with run command using the command prompt

in Windows 10 Customization
    Help with run command using the command prompt: Hello, I have a question regarding running a batch file using a command prompt. My batch file is in my directory. I change directory to where my batch file is located at , and run the batch file as shown in my example. But I got an error saying a run is not recognized...
  9. Help undoing these commands entered at command prompt

in Windows 10 Support
    Help undoing these commands entered at command prompt: Hello everyone. I was talking with PC Matic tech support who were trying to troubleshoot a problem I was having. They had me run some commands that totally crippled Windows Defender. It did not fix the problem and now they are not being helpful in assisting me to undo these...
  10. commands in command prompt

in Windows 10 Support
    commands in command prompt: is there a full list of DOS style Commands buried somewhere in win10 i try CHKDSK and get nowhere with the command unless I'm typing it wrong. but there are a few otthers i would be interested in as well. 54240