Windows 10: Help with compatibility/drivers

Discus and support Help with compatibility/drivers in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Im relatively new to PC's as I've just made the switch from Xbox One. I've just installed Windows 10 on my desktop and I'm trying to set up my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/CarlosJewnez, Dec 9, 2019.

1. Help with compatibility/drivers

Im relatively new to PC's as I've just made the switch from Xbox One. I've just installed Windows 10 on my desktop and I'm trying to set up my powerline so I have an ethernet connection. I've traced the only problem in the whole setup to be the fact that my ethernet controller has no driver installed. I'm pretty sure it's an Intel 82562 and I can't for the life of me find a driver for it that's compatible with Windows 10. Do I need a new ethernet controller or is there an existing driver I can use?

TL;DR, I need a driver for an Intel 82562 Fast Ethernet Controller compatible with Windows 10.

submitted by /u/CarlosJewnez
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/CarlosJewnez, Dec 9, 2019

2. Driver compatibility

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would like to inform you that as Windows 10 is latest Operating System and it would be needing latest device drivers to work correctly, as the Driver Updates are not available on the manufacturer website I suggest you to install
    drivers in compatibility mode and check if it helps.

Install the Driver in Compatibility mode:

Older drivers can be installed in compatibility mode in Windows 10. I suggest you to download the
    Latest Drivers from Manufacturer website and install the in compatibility mode

• Right click on the setup file of the driver and select Properties.
    • Select Compatibility Tab.
    • Place a check mark next to Run this program in
      Compatibility Mode
      and select the operating system accordingly from the drop down list.
    • Let the driver to install and then check the functionality.

Kindly refer to: Make older programs compatible with this version
    of Windows
    (information holds good for Windows 10 as well)

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Mohammed Yaseer, Dec 9, 2019
  3. Not Compatible Driver

Hi Ranga,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

As per the query, you have questions with regards to Windows 10 Insider technical preview.

You may install the above drivers in compatibility mode as there are no drivers readily available for Windows 10 Insider technical program from the manufacturer.

Refer the steps to install a driver in compatibility mode:

• Right
      click on the setup file of the driver and select
      Properties
    • Select Compatibility Tab.
    • Place a check mark next to Run this program in Compatibility mode
      and select the operating system accordingly from the drop down list.
    • Let the driver to install and then check the functionality.
    For reference you may refer to the Microsoft Help Article to make older programs compatible with this version of Windows:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/older-programs-compatible-version-windows

Hope this information helps, please get back to us for further support on Windows. We will be glad to help you.

Thank You

Mohamed_Ameen, Dec 9, 2019
  4. Juzar_Ali Win User

Help with compatibility/drivers

Windows 10 pro not compatible with Nvidia driver install program.

Hi,

I suggest you to install the drivers in
    compatibility mode.

Compatibility mode runs the program using settings from a previous version of Windows.

Follow these steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website.

• Right-click on the driver setup file and click on
      ‘properties’.

• Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box
      ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have any further related query.

Thank you.

Juzar_Ali, Dec 9, 2019
Thema:

Help with compatibility/drivers

1. Help with compatibility/drivers - Similar Threads - Help compatibility drivers

2. .Need compatible graphics drivers.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    .Need compatible graphics drivers.: WIN 10 Pro. up to date. E-300 6310 AMD, HP 2000 d. Driver problem on Graphics not compatible for TPM. It was ok until the last feature 221h2. Something like that. Any suggestions? AMD and MS have no drivers compatible....
  3. .Need compatible graphics drivers.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .Need compatible graphics drivers.: WIN 10 Pro. up to date. E-300 6310 AMD, HP 2000 d. Driver problem on Graphics not compatible for TPM. It was ok until the last feature 221h2. Something like that. Any suggestions? AMD and MS have no drivers compatible....
  4. driver compatability

in Windows 10 Gaming
    driver compatability: driver compatibility https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/driver-compatability/0b88feda-3459-4f57-9fec-69f653c78376
  5. driver compatability

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    driver compatability: driver compatibility https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/driver-compatability/0b88feda-3459-4f57-9fec-69f653c78376
  6. NVIDA DRIVER Compatibility

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    NVIDA DRIVER Compatibility: When I go to properties and compatibility setting [352.63-desktop-win10-64bit-international-beta] the is no windows 10 in the tab only up to windows 8 **** is going on ???!...
  7. Driver compatibility problems

Driver compatibility problems: I think I have some kind of compatibility issue is what two experts have suggested and I'm not quite sure how to proceed. It's a new laptop and everything is working great. The only problem I have found is, while I'm worried it's something more universal, if I update sound or...
  8. Help! GPU driver is not compatible with win10, window's ScaleAnimation is stuck......

Help! GPU driver is not compatible with win10, window's ScaleAnimation is stuck......: GPU is GT130m, driver is offcial lastest. And Nvidia won't update driver, becase the GPU was made in 2009. I found may problems: Sometimes window's ScaleAnimationis stuck Sometimes app's pop up animation is lag, for example realtek I use potplayer play video, sometimes...
  9. Your programs or drivers are not compatible

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Your programs or drivers are not compatible: I was trying to update Windows 10 using an ISO when I got a message saying that my PC cannot update because some drivers or programs are not compatible. Panther compatData: [PHP] <CompatReport xmlns="http://www.microsoft.com/ApplicationExperience/UpgradeAdvis - Pastebin.com...
  10. Driver Compatibility with Anniversary Update?

Driver Compatibility with Anniversary Update?: I'm probably going to do a clean install of Anniversary Update soon. Since it introduces new driver-signing rules, will I have a problem installing these drivers with Secure Boot enabled? Download Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) RAID Driver (Dated: 12/12/2013)...