Windows 10: Help with corrupted video file

Discus and support Help with corrupted video file in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I did some filming on my gopro and i edited it all together into a 19gb movie using windows photos. I saved it to a portable hard drive but now I can't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by global treats, Aug 4, 2020.

1. Help with corrupted video file

I did some filming on my gopro and i edited it all together into a 19gb movie using windows photos. I saved it to a portable hard drive but now I can't do anything with it. I am trying to coopy it onto my hard drive and it works fine but then at 45% the write speed goes to zero and it just stops. The portable hard drive has no other issues and my hard drive is not full. Is there any way I can save this file? It's a whole day of filming :

:)

global treats, Aug 4, 2020

2. Corrupted file RAR

If the archive has been created using WinRAR, why don't you try WinRAR itself? It has a built-in repair feature for repairing corrupted archive (ZIP as well as RAR). Follow the steps given below:
    • Open WinRAR application in your system.
    • Now click on File tab > Open or simply press Ctrl+O.
    • A small window "Find Archive" will pop up. Locate the corrupt RAR archive from your system directory and select it.
    • Now click Open button.
    • Click Tools tab > Repair archive or simply press Alt+R.
    • Again a small window "Repairing File name.rar" will pop up.
    • Now click Browse to select a location to save the repaired archive.
    • Check the box "Treat the corrupt archive as RAR" and click OK.
    • WinRAR will start repairing of corrupt RAR archive. Once it gets completed click Close.
    I hope the above steps will help you repair the corrupted RAR archive.

Thanks.

Lincoln Dunne, Aug 4, 2020
  3. How do you fix corrupted media files, I have a video on my computer that can't be played

Hi Thomason,

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• How exactly are you trying to access the video files on your computer?
    • What exactly happens when you try to access video files?
    • What is the complete error message/ error code of this issue?

I suggest you to run a SFC scan and check if it helps.

System File Checkeris a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Note: If you are not able to repair some files after performing SFC scan, I suggest you to refer to the point 3 “Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to
    fix some of them. Details are included in the CBS.Log %WinDir%\Logs\CBS\CBS.log”. Under the section “Run the System File Checker tool (SFC.exe)” to repair the corrupted files after performing SFC scan.

Refer: Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of accessing the video files for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 4, 2020
  4. Help with corrupted video file

Local Video Files buffering

Hi Larry,

You might experience some buffers in playing videos from your hard drive due to a corrupted file, a software conflict, or an incompatible graphics driver. For us to identify the root cause of this issue, kindly answer the questions below:

• What application are you using to play or open your video files?
    • Have you made any software or hardware changes prior to this issue?
    • What is the build number and version of your Windows?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you use System File Checker to scan for corrupted system files.

We will wait for your response.

Janeane Cru, Aug 4, 2020
Thema:

Help with corrupted video file

1. Help with corrupted video file - Similar Threads - Help corrupted video

2. 'Video Cannot be Played - File is Corrupt'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    'Video Cannot be Played - File is Corrupt': Hello-I've been getting the above alert. Sometimes 'Refreshing' the browser helps, but more and more whatever live-stream I'm watching or listening to totally stops. It just freezes and no other pinned tabs will open or it will take up to a minute or more for one tab to open....
  3. 'Video Cannot be Played - File is Corrupt'

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    'Video Cannot be Played - File is Corrupt': Hello-I've been getting the above alert. Sometimes 'Refreshing' the browser helps, but more and more whatever live-stream I'm watching or listening to totally stops. It just freezes and no other pinned tabs will open or it will take up to a minute or more for one tab to open....
  4. Corrupt files PLEASE HELP :

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Corrupt files PLEASE HELP :: Hello! I will get straight to the point! Windows Recovery found corrupt files But couldn’t fix some of themCannot install and Update files for Windows 10Disk drive cannot be accessed despite administrative privileges Attempted to access again through command prompt, disk...
  5. Corrupt files PLEASE HELP :

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Corrupt files PLEASE HELP :: Hello! I will get straight to the point! Windows Recovery found corrupt files But couldn’t fix some of themCannot install and Update files for Windows 10Disk drive cannot be accessed despite administrative privileges Attempted to access again through command prompt, disk...
  6. Corrupt files PLEASE HELP :

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Continuous Corruption To Video Files On External Hard Drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Continuous Corruption To Video Files On External Hard Drives: I have had an external hard drive of 4 TB (Western Digital) filled with video files that are of average 5 GBs each , lately I got to realize it started sustaining corruptions where suddenly some of the files become 0 KB for no reason as even I have not accessed them lately ....
  8. Corrupted video file fixing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Corrupted video file fixing: Hi! This is my first post here! Anyways, yesterday i finished editing a video on windows video editor, exported it and the next morning, I tried to play it on MPC-HC, but, it said that it can't render the file. I've searched tutorials on youtube but all of them are with VLC...
  9. corrupt or not compatible video files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    corrupt or not compatible video files: Hi, I just recently finished editing a video on the windows 10 video editor and after I exported it and tried to play it again it displayed an image saying the file is not supported, compatible or corrupt? I've never had a problem like this before. Could anybody help me?...
  10. Help, file 32 is corrupted

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help, file 32 is corrupted: I download a lot of mods, and was messing with downloading kali Linux a few days ago, now I have a error message after clicking around a bit: Recovery Your PC needs to be repaired The OS couldn’t be loaded because the kernel is missing or contains errors. File:...