Windows 10: Help With Creating Music Albums - I'm Clueless

Discus and support Help With Creating Music Albums - I'm Clueless in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So, recently I bought and downloaded a game on Windows 10 which I've played on another platform. I liked the soundtrack so I bought that too. when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AinsleyBoy, Apr 30, 2019.

1. Help With Creating Music Albums - I'm Clueless

So, recently I bought and downloaded a game on Windows 10 which I've played on another platform. I liked the soundtrack so I bought that too. when I opened and extracted the .rar file, I noticed that the music list wasn't regular -

1. The music wasn't ordered by an Alphabetic order, but by the order it was given, which was marked next to the 'name' column as the # column. this also applied when I played them in Groove Music.

2. next to the # column, there was a 'title' column. that column showed the actual name of the song, instead of the 'name' column, which showed things like "[artist] - [album name] - [song number] - [song name]"
    the 'title' column was the name of the song when showed in Groove Music.

3. the 'contributing artists' column. nothing really to explain here except the fact that the names there were the artists name in Groove Music.

4. there was also an 'album' column, which showed the album.

5. there was a picture file (don't know the file type) at the end of the album folder. if i set the Icons to big, that pic would show up as the icon for all of the music as well as the album icon in Groove Music.

6. just a general thing - how do you set a folder with music to be an album?

I just want to know how to do all the things I listed here - I'm truly clueless.

Thanks in advance.

:)

AinsleyBoy, Apr 30, 2019
  2. ARC
    Arc Win User

How to sort folders of music by Album Name

To sort by Album name, you need Sort By > Album in the right click context menu. But it is not there.

Add it there.
    Step 1: Right Click > Sort by > More ....
    Help With Creating Music Albums - I'm Clueless [​IMG]
    In the Choose Details dialog, check the album box, click OK.
    Now Sort By > Album is rightly there.

Now, to add the Album column, you need to edit the music tags. I use MP3Tag in order to do this.

3. Missing music albums

My PC was updated but all the music that was stored in Groove is not listed and I am unable to find the many albums I had downloaded to the computer. Cortana can find one artist/album at a time so they are on my PC I just don't have them readily accessible
    like they were before. Adding the suggested locations that Groove suggests like
    my music comes up empty.

LawrenceMc, Apr 30, 2019
  4. Help With Creating Music Albums - I'm Clueless

Groove Music - How to add art to album or artist

How To Change Album Art

• Open up Groove Music.
    • Click on an album
    • Somewhere on the top, you will find 3 dots placed horizontally. Click on it.
    • Click "Edit Info".
    • Then click the box with the pencil on the corner.
    • Done.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ If you can't find an album and it says "Unknown Album" Follow these steps

• Right click on a song.
    • Click "Edit Info".
    • Fill in the boxes (They will say Unknown Artist or Unknown Album)
    • Then you will see the songs in an album (If you press Album on the side of Groove Music.
    • Done.

Jessica杰西卡, Apr 30, 2019
Thema:

Help With Creating Music Albums - I'm Clueless

1. Help With Creating Music Albums - I'm Clueless - Similar Threads - Help Creating Music

2. how to create an music album in windows 11 new media player

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to create an music album in windows 11 new media player: i dont know how to make album for songs pls help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-create-an-music-album-in-windows-11-new/ea9916c0-4d47-4657-bd5b-60342e66486b
  3. how to create an music album in windows 11 new media player

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to create an music album in windows 11 new media player: i dont know how to make album for songs pls help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-create-an-music-album-in-windows-11-new/ea9916c0-4d47-4657-bd5b-60342e66486b
  4. Need Help "Reverting" Album Cover Art Groove Music -

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need Help "Reverting" Album Cover Art Groove Music -: So, recently I made a dumb decision. I usually download music through mp3 conversions because I like to listen to it during study or gaming sessions. I use the mp3 converter "convert io" (https://www.converto.io/en10/). Recently one of the songs I downloaded from there,...
  5. Windows Media Player Help - Creating New Album from Existing Music

Windows Media Player Help - Creating New Album from Existing Music: Hi all- I apologize if this isn't the right place to ask for help on this but I wasn't sure where else to put it. I have Windows 10 and am using Windows Media Player to help my dad (a musician) burn master CDs for his upcoming albums he's releasing. The problem I'm running...
  6. Groove Music Unknown Album/Artist Album Art

Groove Music Unknown Album/Artist Album Art: Having this issue with Groove Music for a long time where it acquires a random album art from the music collection and assigns it to files without a specific Album or Artist name in its metadata. It's really annoying and I was wondering if anyone here knew how to fix it. I've...
  7. Help pls im clueless

in Windows 10 Support
    Help pls im clueless: Hi all, so I have just build a new pc, it is only the third one that I have ever made and I am experiencing an issue, It happens at seemingly random times, but everything kind of freezes but not entirely. For example, if a youtube vid is playing the picture will freeze...
  8. Groove Music change the album photo

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Groove Music change the album photo: When i tried to change the photo album because it messed up i let 10 mins and it did not change why ? [ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/groove-music-change-the-album-photo/46984a48-d4ca-4d2e-aa96-b29f989c646b
  9. How to delete music album metadata

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to delete music album metadata: I want to delete Groove music album metadata. My Mac OS 9 cannot read that album because of these metadata. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-music-album-metadata/7d62b5d8-33fd-432b-92fc-396a16368e74"
  10. Need help I'm clueless.

in Windows 10 Support
    Need help I'm clueless.: Okay, last night I was playing fine on my built PC with windows 10, everything worked and nothing was wrong. But when I started it this moring it was greated by an unusually long lasting black screen on startup and was only able to see my mouse. That's problem #1. Now I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. creating music albums in windows 10