Windows 10: Help With Custom Sounds

Discus and support Help With Custom Sounds in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello everyone who is reading this. I am having an issue with custom sounds. I have some custom sounds downloaded in the Media Folder. All of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/DemigodPro, May 23, 2020.

1. Help With Custom Sounds

Hello everyone who is reading this. I am having an issue with custom sounds. I have some custom sounds downloaded in the Media Folder. All of the sounds are in the .wav format. When I select the sounds in the sounds page of the control panel, the icon turns yellow and the sounds do not play when I hit test or save them and manually trigger the sounds. However, Windows Media Player recognizes the sound and will play them fine. I am on KB4497165 and have no updates available.

Any help is appreciated!

submitted by /u/DemigodPro
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/DemigodPro, May 23, 2020
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Help With Custom Sounds :p

cadaveca, May 23, 2020
  3. window10 sound problems - I need help can you help me do that to fix the sound.

Hi,

To assist you better, please provide few details.

• What all the troubleshooting steps have you tried to resolved the issue?
    • What is the exact issue are you facing with sound?
    • Are you getting any error message?
    • Have you installed all the pending Windows updates?

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to install all the latest pending Windows updates as below and check if it helps.

• Go to “settings” and click on “update and security”.
    • Under tab “Windows update”, click on the icon “check for updates”.
    • Then once you find the pending updates install it and check.

Method 2: I suggest you to follow the steps from the below article and check if it helps.

Fix sound problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to help.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, May 23, 2020
  4. Help With Custom Sounds

Sound problem

Hi,

We need to investigate further so that we can identify the cause of the issue. We suggest running the Troubleshooter and see if it helps. Follow the steps below:

• Type and select Troubleshooting on the Search bar/Cortana.
    • Click Hardware and Sound.
    • Select Playing Audio under Sound.
    • Follow the steps that will be provided.
    If the steps does not work. We suggest downloading a fresh copy of the audio driver from Realtek and see if it helps.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, May 23, 2020
Thema:

Help With Custom Sounds

1. Help With Custom Sounds - Similar Threads - Help Custom Sounds

2. Custom Sound Schemes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Custom Sound Schemes: So far as I can tell, Microsoft doesn't have an official 'store' populated with trustworthy sound schemes. Do I need to worry about being compromised by a third-party sound scheme download? If so, are there any known, reputable sources?...
  3. Sound Help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound Help: so i just bought Red Dead Redemption 2 and installed it. Noticed there was no sound before it crashed. had to update Video Drivers after it crashed the first time. after updating drivers noticed that i wasnt getting any sound from youtube. I usually play sound through my tv...
  4. Customized alert sound for Microsoft News

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Customized alert sound for Microsoft News: Does anyone know how to set up a customized alert sound for Microsoft News on PC? I was able to set up a customized alert on my Lumia 950 XL as well as my Samsung Galaxy S10 P. Unfortunately, I'm stuck with the default sound on my PC and it's the same alert for Cortana and...
  5. Windows 10 custom sound commands

Windows 10 custom sound commands: Hello! I have a Windows 10 x64 Home 1803 on a Surface Go and I have a question, is there any way to add a custom sound command? (That works, not like Shutdown, Logon, Logoff, and Unlock) The commands include: -Specific launch and shutdown programs and applications...
  6. is there a way to customize the login/off sound ?

is there a way to customize the login/off sound ?: Hi i tried to customize the login and off sound on windows 10 and even w8.1 but under control panel -> sound -> i can't find any possibility to enable login or off , even startup or shutdown sound is there a way to do ? maybe without messing up w10 *Wink thanks 45078
  7. Custom sound set not syncing

Custom sound set not syncing: Hi, I like to use my own sound effects for Windows and keep them in My Documents. So I right click on the speaker icon in the bottom right hand corner and select sounds. Then find and select my own wav files for each event I'd like to use. If works for a while, but then...
  8. Asking for Help on Customizing Font

Asking for Help on Customizing Font: Hello all! I have no technical knowledge of computer. On XP, as far as I can remember, I edited a file, which I now can't remember, in the program "Restorator" and changed the font size as befitted my needs. In Windows 7, I think I had no serious problem concerning the size...
  9. Custom sounds Regedit not working?

Custom sounds Regedit not working?: Hi Been using this forum for months now and i never had the balls to join or post anything due to lack of knowledge about computing etc. Recently I've been messing around with my build and my OS and seeing what i can do with WIN10 and it seems like a lot of the features...
  10. Custom shortcut glitch help

in Windows 10 Support
    Custom shortcut glitch help: Hello, I wanted to set up custom shortcuts in my windows and I had set up ctrl alt 9 to open up excel. I made a new folder with all of the shortcuts of the programs I wanted opened quickly, and I made the custom shortcut keys. I don't know what happaned, but now whenever I...