Windows 10: help with deleting mac files from external hard drive

Discus and support help with deleting mac files from external hard drive in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Help!! how can i delete old mac backups from a divided external hard drive so I can free up space/repartition for pc backups? submitted by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/farmboy1234567, Apr 30, 2020.

1. help with deleting mac files from external hard drive

Help!! how can i delete old mac backups from a divided external hard drive so I can free up space/repartition for pc backups?

submitted by /u/farmboy1234567
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/farmboy1234567, Apr 30, 2020
  2. Remon Ont Win User

External Hard Drive

Hi John,

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below:

• Open your External Hard Drive file in File Explorer.
    • Type the name of the file you want to search on the search box and click Enter.
    The file will show up in Search Results and you will be able to move it to the correct folder.

Let us know if you need further help.

Remon Ont, Apr 30, 2020
  3. CANNOT DELETE A CORRUPTED FILE ON MY EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE ON WINDOWS 10

Hi Leenus,

Hard drive and other external memory storage can be corrupted on account of bad sectors which are no longer accessible or writable due to permanent damage. Your device or hard drive could also be infected by some type of malware. These are some of the possible
    causes why you are experiencing the error "ERROR 0x80070570: The file or directory is corrupted or unreadable". To address this concern, we suggest performing the following troubleshooting methods:

Method 1

Check and repair disk errors or corrupted file system. This process can fix "The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable" error caused by bad sectors, virus infection or file system corruption. To do so, follow these steps:

• Back up all of the files on the hard drive (except for the corrupted file).
    • Using Search, type CMD.
    • From the search results, right-click on Command Prompt and then choose Run as administrator.
    • On the Command Prompt window, type chkdsk /f h: (h stands for your hard drive) and then hit the Enter key.
    • Delete the corrupted file and check if you'll experience the same error.

Method 2

Format the hard drive. You can manually format the hard drive to permanently remove "The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable" error. These are the steps on how to format an external drive:

• Plug the hard drive into your computer.
    • Back up all of the files on the hard drive (except for the corrupted file).
    • Open File Explorer and then click This PC.
    • Click the external hard drive's name, click on Manage tab and then click on Format.
    • Click Start and then click OK.

Keep us updated with the result.

Darleen Pen, Apr 30, 2020
  4. help with deleting mac files from external hard drive

Help with external hard drive

Hi Debbra,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in windows 10 and also for trying the troubleshooting steps to fix the issue. I understand the inconvenience you faced. I will certainly help you with this.

I would suggest you to plug in hard drive then check in disk management you can see the drive or not.

Follow the steps to check Drive in Disk Management.

• Go to the Control Panel then click on the
      Administrative Tools. .

• Under the Administrative Tool Click on Computer Management.

• Click on Disk Management and check the External Hard Drive.

Also check in BIOS whether External Hard Drive is listed or not.

For help with the BIOS settings, refer to the computer manual or contact the manufacturer.

If it doesn’t work then, I would suggest you to update BIOS for updating BIOS contact Lenovo Support.

Follow the link:

Home - Global Support - DE

Disclaimer :

Modifying BIOS/complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings
    can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks.

Preeti Patel, Apr 30, 2020
Thema:

help with deleting mac files from external hard drive

1. help with deleting mac files from external hard drive - Similar Threads - help deleting mac

2. Can't delete a pdf file from external hard drive.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't delete a pdf file from external hard drive.: In Windows 10, how do I delete a pdf file from my external hard drive. I cannot move, delete or rename the file by conventional methods in Windows, nor in safe mode, nor by command prompts like del. I believe the file may have been synced to OneDrive because the same file was...
  3. Can't delete a pdf file from external hard drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't delete a pdf file from external hard drive.: In Windows 10, how do I delete a pdf file from my external hard drive. I cannot move, delete or rename the file by conventional methods in Windows, nor in safe mode, nor by command prompts like del. I believe the file may have been synced to OneDrive because the same file was...
  4. Can't delete a pdf file from external hard drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Deleting files from external USB hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleting files from external USB hard drive: This Windows 11 is something else. Not sure if this was a smart thing to do. But the damage is done.I am trying to delete some folders and all files on an external usb drive. The system is telling me I need administrator permission to do this. What am I supposed to do....
  6. Deleting files from external USB hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleting files from external USB hard drive: This Windows 11 is something else. Not sure if this was a smart thing to do. But the damage is done.I am trying to delete some folders and all files on an external usb drive. The system is telling me I need administrator permission to do this. What am I supposed to do....
  7. files on external hard drive deleted

files on external hard drive deleted: Hi, I have accidentally deleted files on an external hard drive after downloading a copy of windows 10 on to it.I have used easus data recovery software to try and find the files which it says it has. i now have the problem where I believe the hard drive has been formatted so...
  8. Files from Mac are not showing on external hard drive in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Files from Mac are not showing on external hard drive in Windows 10: I have copied some folders from MacOS High Sierra to a Seagate HD (exFAT, 1TB). When opening the hard drive in Win10 the folders/files are not there, not even in hide mode. I had this same problem when my Seagate was formatted to NTFS, which Mac doesn't support without...
  9. deleting files from external hard drive

deleting files from external hard drive: trying to delete and getting error code 0*80070570, what does it mean https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleting-files-from-external-hard-drive/8390b5f9-4abf-4ff3-aa8d-29caf58d76e1"
  10. Moving files from Mac-formatted external hard drive to PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Moving files from Mac-formatted external hard drive to PC: I have an external hard drive where I moved all of my mac photos to. I now have a PC with windows 10, but I can't find a way to save the photos onto my computer. The hard drive is recognized in disk management, but does not appear under devices. I would like to format it to...