Windows 10: Help with diagnostics or...

Discus and support Help with diagnostics or... in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Newbie to W10. Do not know how to explain in detail. A screen pop up a few days ago instructing me to call a number that my computer was corrupted.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dlw1146, Sep 26, 2016.

1. dlw1146 Win User

Help with diagnostics or...

Newbie to W10.
    Do not know how to explain in detail.
    A screen pop up a few days ago instructing me to call a number that my computer was corrupted.
    A few minutes later it crashed. All that happened after rebooting was 'your PC need repair. Install recovery' or something like this. Recovery was successful but now the computer is slower and does things it did not do before.
    Example, 123D crashes suddenly, other programs do also and other software problems that did not exist before.
    AVG antivirus finds nothing wrong.

How does one diagnose W10 to find problems?

dlw

:)

dlw1146, Sep 26, 2016

2. Windows Network Diagnostics: Error Message: "one or more network protocols missing on this computer" Windows 10.

Hi Werner,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

We understand how you feel about the situation. We're sorry for the trouble this has caused.

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Are you able to follow the steps provided in the previous post? if yes, then let us know the status of the issue to help you further.

This issue could occur due to the corrupt or incorrect settings on the network adaptor or due to lack of enabling the LAN services under service Window on your system.

If the issue still persists, then follow these steps below to fix your issue and check, if it helps you.

• Press Windows key + X key.

• Click Command prompt (Admin mode) and type each of these into an elevated command prompt and Press Enter after every command.

• ipconfig /flushdns

• ipconfig /registerdns

• ipconfig /release

• ipconfig /renew

• NETSH winsock reset catalog

• NETSH int ipv4 reset reset.log

• NETSH int ipv6 reset reset.log

• Exit

• Reboot the computer.

Let’s try to refer to the suggestions provided by Krishna Prasobh V replied on December 13, 2015, to fix your issue.

Wifi and LAN are not working

Hope this information helps you. Kindly post back with the updated issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Sep 26, 2016
  3. Windows Network Diagnostics: Error Message: "one or more network protocols missing on this computer" Windows 10.

Hi Werner,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We understand how you feel about the situation. We're sorry for the trouble this has caused.

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

1. Have you installed all the pending updates and driver updates on your system?

2. Are you facing this issue on the Microsoft account or a local account?

3. Have you made any changes to your system, prior to this issue?

I suggest you to sign out from the current user account, restart the system and login to the either administrator account or the Microsoft account to check, if that helps.

Windows Update may have updated drivers available that may be relevant to your current issue. Many times, updated drivers are listed in the "Optional" section of Windows Update. Install any pending updates on the system to check if that helps.

Let’s try to reinstall the TCP/IP protocol and follow these steps below:

Reinstall the TCP/IP protocol:

1. Right-click on the Windows icon and then click on Command Prompt (Admin).

2. Type the Command and press the Enter key to execute it:

netsh int ip reset

3. Then restart the device to apply all changes.

Please try to refer to the suggestions provided by Jeremiah J. Isaacson replied on May 7, 2015, to fix your issue.

missing network protocols?? help please

Also, try to refer to the suggestions provided by Robert Aldwinckle in the link below, to fix your issue.

One or more network protocols are missing on this computer windows 10

Let's try to follow these steps below, to reset Winsock Settings:

a) Press Windows key + X key, select Command Prompt (Admin)

b) Type “netsh winsock reset” in the Command Prompt shell, and then press the Enter key.

c) Restart the computer.

Hope this information helps you. Kindly post back with the updated issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Sep 26, 2016
  4. Samuria Win User

Welcome to the forum the first message was a virus that had infected you the question is how you did the restore we need to know as you may still be infected and it could be Ransome were that could spread to any other PCs on the network

Samuria, Sep 26, 2016
  5. dlw1146 Win User
    Download a disk from Microsoft. Did the repair that way. Had a recovery backup of my own.

dlw1146, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Help with diagnostics or... - Similar Threads - Help diagnostics

2. Automatic repair loop Help - I ran a diagnostics test on all the drives on my Dell Inspiron...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Automatic repair loop Help - I ran a diagnostics test on all the drives on my Dell Inspiron...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/TheSavageCabbageNet [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/vbmjrw/automatic_repair_loop_help_i_ran_a_diagnostics/
  3. Please help. Diagnostic Policy Service just cause my system to be non responsive. What will...

Please help. Diagnostic Policy Service just cause my system to be non responsive. What will...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/SakataGintoki96 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lgvo9z/please_help_diagnostic_policy_service_just_cause/
  4. Any problems with having OS and software installed one both drives? Also diagnostic help.

Any problems with having OS and software installed one both drives? Also diagnostic help.: So I have an old 1.25 TB HDD (D: Drive) which is my backup drive now. Used to be my main drive, and still has old installed programs, OS, and steam. Now I use a SSD (C: Drive) for my main drive and it runs the OS, Steam, and my software now. I never wiped the old drive,...
  5. Please help! I'm hopelessly ignorant with tech. What can I infer from these diagnostics...

Please help! I'm hopelessly ignorant with tech. What can I infer from these diagnostics...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Only_Truths [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k6cqh6/please_help_im_hopelessly_ignorant_with_tech_what/
  6. Help with diagnosting BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Help with diagnosting BSOD: Hi. Running dual screen set up (XV273 and XB271HU) 1600x asus crosshair 6 2080ti g skill trident z 3200 ram Before problem surfaced have not changed hardware or updated drivers or added extra software Getting blue screen when gaming (most of the time when going between...
  7. I need help. Event Viewer doesn't show me the results of the Memory Diagnostic tests I ran.

I need help. Event Viewer doesn't show me the results of the Memory Diagnostic tests I ran.: I'll explain it briefly: I ran the Memory Diagnostic Tool two times to check whether my RAM was working well or not, then opened the Event Viewer and searched for "MemoryDiagnostics-Results", but getting no info about my PC's memory and only finding two events named...
  8. Help - I put msconfig into Diagnostic startup, how do I get it back to normal

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Help - I put msconfig into Diagnostic startup, how do I get it back to normal: I was having problems with my PC, so I set msconfig to diagnostic startup, and now I can't log in to my PC. How do I get out of diagnostic mode? When I get to the login screen, I get an error message saying "Something happened and you PIN isn't available. Click to set up...
  9. BSOD diagnostic help requested

BSOD diagnostic help requested: Here is this link for my two files. https://1drv.ms/u/s!At5-MYB0VK--gfd1eXKkvibxoyuQcg?e=aCXnPb https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-diagnostic-help-requested/bdbf8240-cd96-4b56-b949-32fd147cc76a
  10. Windows Memory Diagnostic Results Not Found! Frustrating lack of help online

Windows Memory Diagnostic Results Not Found! Frustrating lack of help online: I have read every forum and piece of information about how to find the results of a Windows Memory Diagnostics test. Yes, I looked through Event Viewer, went to Windows Logs and System, searched for memory diagnostics, and nothing comes up. If I just search for the word...