Windows 10: Help with display settings.

Discus and support Help with display settings. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So, I'm trying to connect my laptop to my TV using an HDMI cable, but the scaling is wrong. On the TV some parts are cut off and I don't know how to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/EdgeFail, Sep 19, 2020.

1. Help with display settings.

So, I'm trying to connect my laptop to my TV using an HDMI cable, but the scaling is wrong. On the TV some parts are cut off and I don't know how to fix it. Help would be appreciated.

submitted by /u/EdgeFail
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/EdgeFail, Sep 19, 2020

2. Display and sleep settings

Hi,

In order to help you with the issue about the display and sleep settings, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you tried the troubleshooting steps suggested by MVP Andre Da Costa? If you did, what were the results?
    • For us to avoid redundancy of the troubleshooting process, what were the other steps you have done to resolve the issue?

We look forward to your next post.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Sep 19, 2020
  3. Display settings

Hi Julia,

To reset the settings back to default, follow these steps:

• Go to your desktop, right click and select Display Settings.
    • Choose the appropriate settings from the options under Display.

Let us know if the above steps resolved the issue.

Venancio Khu, Sep 19, 2020
  4. Mithin_EJ Win User

Help with display settings.

How to save a multiple displays settings?

Hi VAinc,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums

You may want to answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

1. May I know the make and model of the PC?
    2. Did you try updating your display driver?
    3. Are you getting any error message?

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Steps 1:

1. Go to settings
    2. Click on “System"
    3. Then click on Display
    4. Move your mouse to the monitor that needs to be set as primary and check the box
      "Make this my main display"
    5. Under "Multiple displays" select "Duplicate these displays"
    6. Then select “Keep this display settings
    Once you make these changes, you may restart the computer and check.

Hope it helps,

Mithin EJ

Microsoft Community- Moderator

Mithin_EJ, Sep 19, 2020
Thema:

Help with display settings.

1. Help with display settings. - Similar Threads - Help display settings

2. Get help with display settings in Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Get help with display settings in Windows: i am not able to adjust my brightness in my screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/get-help-with-display-settings-in-windows/58c298f4-b9a4-402a-a1fd-f23dfa8bcf47
  3. Get help with display settings in Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Get help with display settings in Windows: i am not able to adjust my brightness in my screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/get-help-with-display-settings-in-windows/58c298f4-b9a4-402a-a1fd-f23dfa8bcf47
  4. Help with display settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help with display settings: [ATTACH] I was playing civ3 and when I quit the game my screen resolution was smaller. This happens sometimes but when I restart it goes back to its original size. But this time it did't. I restaret a few times, turned it off and on once, tried to change a few settings but...
  5. Display Settings / Themes won't open Help

in Windows 10 Support
    Display Settings / Themes won't open Help: New to the forums here and love all the info! I can't for the life of me figure out how to undo what I did (or disabled) in windows so that now when I right click the desktop and choose display settings it just closes and nothing happens. Or if I right click the desktop and...
  6. Help accessing my laptop display settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help accessing my laptop display settings: [ATTACH] Hi! I recently noticed that my laptop display looks very washed out, and so I wanted to calibrate it (with this website: http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/ ), but I noticed I can't access my laptop display settings form anywhere, and so I can't adjust the contrast or...
  7. Need help with display settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Need help with display settings: I am using File Explorer, and I have a number of separate sessions open, browsing different folders, so I can drag and drop contents from one folder to another. The problem is that the determining the boundaries of File Explorer Windows is very difficult, especially when...
  8. Need help setting up 2 displays

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Need help setting up 2 displays: I just had a new video card installed. And I connected my main monitor via HDMI and second monitor with VGA. Main monitor only gets background photo and the pinned aps on bottom, the second monitor has search box, pinned aps background photo and desktop aps Like normal. But...
  9. Help setting 2 displays with different resolutions

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Help setting 2 displays with different resolutions: Hi I have an Acer 1440x900 @ 60Hz monitor for my PC connected by VGA to my GTX 650 - I have my LG 1920x1080 @ 60Hz (50Hz compatible) TV connected via a long HDMI cable... I currently have the displays mirrored, but the resolution on the TV is the same as the Acer (1440x990...
  10. Help with dual display, settings refreshed

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Help with dual display, settings refreshed: Hello For months now I've been connecting my laptop to my HDTV via a HDMI cable and VGA + Audio > HDMI Adapter. Originally setting it up took some work to get each device to communicate properly, but it's been working perfectly for months, up to and including last...